[Legendary]Pontifex Mortis Epic Idea & Undead Hero: Undead Visage & Necro Mortis.

ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
edited March 18 in Fan-Made Heroes
Time to kill two birds with one stone by bringing about an "Epic" Idea for Pontifex Mortis & a new hero scheme.
(Be Warned this is quite lengthily so a little patience pays off.)

Epic Location: Pestilence Spiral

1st Epic component to unlock/equip: Undead Skull
2nd component for level 6: Necromantic Essence
3rd component for max level: Necronormicon

Attributes:
  • 30% Max HP
  • 25% Defense
  • 15% Dodge Chance
Effect: 30% Chance to Deal X2 Damage to the target & Grant Undead & Spirit allies Bone Armour (scaling, Max: +25% ATK, +75% DEF, 25% Water & Spirit Resist at lvl 70)Replaces "Reincarnate" with "Epic Incarnate."

note: the epic incarnate may alter a lot of things here so I shall put it into detail as best as I can but be wary it may be too complicated for most to understand.

Details: Epic incarnate
"Once per dungeon, if this heroes human form is not defeated within 5 turns (can be accelerated by 1 turn for each death blow.), this hero will reincarnate into a Lich-like Skeleton (Robed Skeletal version of pontifex's human form), essentially becoming more powerful than what he once was before, more Powerful, Extremely Harder to kill, more Undead-ly."
(Unlike Pontifex Returned, this form is not slow.)

Reincarnated Epic Hero: Necro Mortis

Background: After discovering the power of the Necronormicon hidden deep within the spiral of pestilence, Pontifex had transcended into a new form by using his arcane skull as a Phylactery. Now caught between the realms of life & death, he now feels ever more powerful than he once did in his living form, now being able to destroy those who oppose the Undead as well as raising them from their graves, he can not only put an end to the heroes of light but he has well & truly Thwarted Death by finally claiming Lichdom. beware the all new Powerful Lich: Necro Mortis!

Most Hated Hero: Masuta Kira (Masuta's years of Undead Destruction has marked him as the most hated Arch Nemesis of Necro Mortis & his undead brethren.)

Element: Dark: 30% Vs. Light units (45% with "Blessing of the Seeker")

Tags: Legendary, Necromancer, Undead, Spirit.

Stats: (Fully ascended, six stars, level 70, stats given by Epic & no runes)
  • Attack: 2,300
  • Defense base: 2,000 (2500 with a maxed out epic granting 25% extra defense.)
  • Skill: 2,200
  • Max Health base: 5476 (7118 with a maxed out epic granting 30% extra health)
  • Crit Chance: 5%
  • Crit Multiplier: 200%
  • Dodge Chance: 0% (15% with a maxed out epic )
  • Damage: 0%
  • Damage Reduction: 0%
  • Fire Resist: 0%
  • Nature Resist: 0% [base; 0%| Poison: Immune| Wound: Immune ]
  • Water Resist: 0%
  • Light Resist: 0% [base: 0%
  • Dark Resist: Immune [base: 33%| Necromantic Affinity: 100%| Disease: Immune]
  • Spirit Resist: Immune [base: 6%| Necromantic Affinity: 100%| Fear: Immune| Stone: 75%| Possess: Immune| Mark: Immune]

Traits: (Fully ascended, other traits may be noted.)
  • Soul Siphon II(Improved Version of Soul Eater): Heals & Gains +2 Energy on a successful death blow.
  • Necromantic Affinity(Replaces Undead Fervor): This Hero Is Caught between the realms of the Living & Dead, Granting a Supernatural Immunity to Poison, Disease, Death Mark, Fear, Possession, Wounding & Increases ATK & DEF of all Spirit & Undead Allies by 30%.
  • Necromancer III*(Replaces Mystical III): Years of Training in the Dark Arts grants this hero an Immunity to all Dark Attacks as well as dealing X2 Damage to non-Undead targets.
  • Death from the Grave**: When this hero is killed by a death blow, the attacker suffers an Undodgable fate worse than death even while they are invincible.
  • Reincarnate: When killed by a death blow or debuff, this hero returns from the dead, minus his skin.
  • Undead Reanimation(Improved Version of Animate the dead): Special Attacks will invite dead allies to join, A successful Death blow from a fallen Undead hero will revive them.
  • Unnerving Visage: A terrifying presence looms over the battlefield, Unnerving opposition by nullifying Undead Pwnage & Granting Undead & Spirit Allies a small chance to Chill or Fear any Attackers.

Abilities (Fully ascended, Level 70 & Basic includes epic attack.)
  • Necro Bolt[Epic Basic Attack]: A ranged Spirit Attack doing 1,113 base damage with a 30% chance to Deal X2 Damage to the target & Grant Undead & Spirit allies Bone Armour (scaling, Max: +25% ATK, +75% DEF, 25% Water & Spirit Resist at lvl 70)
  • Chaos Vortex[Special Attack]: Ranged Spirit Attack on all enemies for 1,750 base damage with a small chance to steal the enemies soul, thus Randomly Outright Killing only one of them! Cooldown is 10
  • Ceaseless Pestilence[Special Attack]: Ranged Disease Attack for 1,700 base Damage, Grants allies Diseased Skin for 3 turns, giving them a good chance to disease any Melee attackers. Cooldown is 6
  • Deathly Rupture[Special Attack] Ranged Lightning Attack on the target for 3,180 base Damage, +50% Damage Vs. Armoured, Chains to 2 random enemies one after the other dealing 25% Less Damage with each lightning jump. Cooldown is 7

Side Notes: Introducing an idea for a hero tag: Necromancer.

*heroes with the Necromancer tag get a unique Trait called "Necromancer" it has 3 levels to it & special conditions.
Necromancer Grants 25% Dark Resistance & lets a hero with this tag deal X1.50 Damage to non-undead targets.
Necromancer II Grants 50% Dark Resistance & lets a hero with this tag deal X1.75 Damage to non-undead targets.
Necromancer III Grants 75% Dark Resistance & lets a hero with this tag deal X2.00 Damage to non-undead targets.
This Tag can only be given to Dark heroes as Necromancy is considered a "Dark Art." & with dark heroes having 33% dark resist, Necromancer passives can make them hard to kill with dark attacks or even downright immune to all dark attacks as well as being dangerous to face with a non-Undead team unless you intend to use an undead team to begin with.

A hero can only either have Caster or Necromancer, they cannot have both since they are both different forms of magic lore wise.

**The "Death from the Grave" Passive will kill anyone who lands a deathblow on the hero with this trait regardless of remaining or full HP, even if the attacker has Abs of Steel, Unbreaking Heart or is currently Invincible. it does not work if killed by a debuff except in the case of Spirit Link in which if the redirected damage manages to kill a hero with the Death from the Grave trait, it will result in the death of the enemy currently spirit linked to that hero after the spirit link debuff expires just to make sure.

Example: Necro Mortis is spirit linked by an enemy shade, somebody damages shade, the damage gets redirected to Necro Mortis leading to a death blow, thus killing the enemy shade after the spirit link debuff/buff expires since shades spirit link was co-currently the source of the damage.

If you have suggestions or tweaking ideas, just leave a comment & I'll be sure to take note & see what there is to be done, but lord wise, I would say I covered quite a bit of ground when it comes around to making Pontifex an actual Necromancer since he is mostly orientated to be a Master of the Necromantic arts.

Criticism is welcome as well, as on the ESO Forums, one rule to being a community hero is being able to "Agree to Disagree." (Maybe the Dungeon Boss Forums should have their set of rules along with a few rules from the Elder scrolls forum to help bring about a better community.)

@JackHallow666
Post edited by Apocalyptus on
&#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
yik0077dp16y.png

Comments

• I would really love to see this! My only concern is him in PVP. But I am sure the devs can balance that out and try to take as many ideas from this and make it a reality. I would also like to see someone make some fan art of necro mortis, or better yet I would like to see you make some art of this idea, so we can see what he will look like.
  • Bahster2Bahster2 Member
    edited March 16
    Also death from the grave needs to be tweaked. This will make pontifex the most over powered hero in PVP as you are forced to not kill him if you want to save a powerful team member. I would suggest like deal 50% or 30% damage back. One more thing I would like to add is tweak the necromancer 3 perk. All of it's resistances and the double damage to all non undead are OP. I like OP, but it needs to be fair. Like I was saying, the reason why double damage to all non undead is OP is because pontifex's mystical perk practically doubles damage, so with this perk, we would literally be quadrupling his damage to most enemies. Maybe boost his defense instead? He is a caster and that is something most casters would need. And necro Mortis, that sounds like a cool idea but since he is so overpowered with this epic, he will never die that early. Why not make necro Morris his undead form all the time? (But smaller and looks even more like a human skeleton. Still make him look cool though)
  • Bahster2 wrote: »
    Also death from the grave needs to be tweaked. This will make pontifex the most over powered hero in PVP as you are forced to not kill him if you want to save a powerful team member. I would suggest like deal 50% or 30% damage back. One more thing I would like to add is tweak the necromancer 3 perk. All of it's resistances and the double damage to all non undead are OP. I like OP, but it needs to be fair. Like I was saying, the reason why double damage to all non undead is OP is because pontifex's mystical perk practically doubles damage, so with this perk, we would literally be quadrupling his damage to most enemies. Maybe boost his defense instead? He is a caster and that is something most casters would need. And necro Mortis, that sounds like a cool idea but since he is so overpowered with this epic, he will never die that early. Why not make necro Morris his undead form all the time? (But smaller and looks even more like a human skeleton. Still make him look cool though)

Okay just to clarify a few details in accordance to your most recent comment @Bahster2:
    1. Tweaking Death from the grave is not gonna happen, besides, Bauble's "Volatile Components" Trait does that Except it deals damage equal to the power of the killing blow up to it's Max hp, Death from the Grave is a completely different comcept.
    2. You obviously forgot the part of my idea where it clearly says this:
      "A hero can only either have Caster or Necromancer, they cannot have both since they are both different forms of magic lore wise."

which means that Pontifex will have his mystical trait III replaced with Necromancer III instead, so you might want to read a bit slower instead of being a "hasty shiitake" next time, also his defence is boosted by his Epic.
    3. & no, it will not be an all time undead form as it uses a lot of "Behind the Scenes" mechanics that you cannot possibly comprehend without knowing the amount of Programming, Scripting, etc, that is put into something like this.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • StyxusStyxus Member
    I confess I have not read everything, I suppose it's well-thought but I really think Ponti is strong enough to skip on an epic, while so many heroes would benefit from one (Jabber/Selwyn/Phenol/Abi/Auggie/etc etc)