How close are you to quitting DB?

While I'm not directly involved with the weekly guild summit that @Eej holds, my guild is and we have some input into the discussion topics and the chance to provide feedback. While I'm sure DB has excellent data on just how many players have been leaving and how many new players they've been attracting, what they probably don't have good data on is how many people are on the fence and close to leaving.

I don't have exact numbers, but my family of guilds has lost somewhere between 20-40 players since the introduction of the pvp changes. Sure, some are taking a break and might be back and some might have just moved to other guilds, but that level of attrition is staggering. From what I can tell from various line chats and the forums, player mood isn't improving and many guilds are struggling to recruit.

From my perspective, the introduction of the pvp changes was the Titanic hitting the iceberg and everything DB has done since then is just rearranging the deck chairs.

How close are you to quitting DB? 125 votes

I've already quit.
8% 10 votes
I'm done at the weekly quest reset so I don't mess up crowns for my guild.
8% 11 votes
I've got a few weeks left in me, but I really need to see some positive change in direction if I'm going to stick around.
37% 47 votes
I'm on the fence and could go either way.
20% 26 votes
I think things are getting better and I'm sticking around.
16% 20 votes
The latest changes and announcements are great and I'll be playing for a long time.
2% 3 votes
Quit DB? I'm never quitting!
6% 8 votes

Comments

• I take the changes for better or for worse, I still find it fun to play, if it isn't, I just don't do the event / quest. There's always next event ,

Soon as I feel my enjoyment reach a questionable state, I'll quit , but IMO and my current situation and feelings for db, I'm in it for the long haul .

• I was at doing crown for helping my guild, since ive ask to quit,There is no way I'm continuing that game I was already done before but with those Finnish all 10 daily quest every day they are just dug their hole, they are not starting going on the right way at all I spent a lot on the last 10 months and well I've learned a lot, I thought that Christmas that they were about to get better but week after week they just have put my tolerance down to zero. Dam my guild is great, it's just so bad that DB don't care about their player base. And well broke pvp, stalling pve, putting new character or epic or giving top 100 crazy runes in pvp that is pushing the unbalance, skin off guild and tower prices, and now making it harder to do the guild crown. If they have something coming up, I am doubting that they will be doing the good thing. I thought about giving my account but then again, I can't since I wanna make a point that they are pushing regular player away. My account would still be played and I want it dead to the ground. I'll try to find a replacement since it's not about the guild they have been all great but then again I would have quit 6-7 weeks ago if they hadn't been there, and it's been 4 week I'm covering up so the guild can make their crown. Thanks for everything, hope you'll mention me as a loyal player that got fed up.
  • I realize this is just an informal, unscientific poll, but I encourage everyone to vote. I find it a bit discouraging that such a high percentage have quit and are close to quitting, but my hope is that DB will take this seriously, realize that their current direction and actions aren't working for many players and that they need to do something about it.
  • I'm extremely close to quitting - probably within the next week. I almost quit after the first 3 preseasons because I really hate the new direction of PVP (in addition to having them force us to QA their new game). This 10 quest thing is just dumb imo. It's all the same at this point - there's no real creativity or gameplay to either PVP or PVE. It's just grind, grind, grind, and grind against the same thing (PVE and PVP) over and over. To spend all this time on a game which is clearly switching to P4P only and with no storyline is bleh. VIP 8.
  • I think things would get better if @PrezObama returned. He seems to be in hiding. I think it has something to do with the accusation of wiretapping Trump. Apparently under the new administration, evidence is no longer required.
  • The only thing I have quit out on is the PVP, because PVP is starting to look just as bad as Destiny & that was the biggest flop since raids with no matchmaking & halo reach.

The only reason I am not quitting out on everything else to do with dungeon boss is because it needs a Gravekeeper to keep the spirit & Undead heroes in line & resting in peace until the time to destroy the pesky light heroes comes.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • edited March 12
    Meh.
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Nice poll, definitely done at reset. Shame dungeon boss got so bad.
  • It turns out I'm calling it quits as well. My phone decided to commit suicide today while I was finishing my crown quests. Apparently it couldn't take much more of this either. When I posted this I was in the "I've got a few weeks left in me" bucket. Since I no longer have a device to play on I'm just going to step away now.

Hopefully someone in my guild will see this and let everyone know that I'll be leaving. You guys, and the rest of the community are the only reason I stuck around as long as I did.

For those of you sticking it out, I really hope things turn around and the devs find a way to start making the game fun again.
  • This move to force us to get XP is really becoming tiresome. I want to advance at MY chosen pace. If that means it takes me weeks to reach my next level, then so be it. I don't need the devs trying to force me into acquiring xp every time i click on something. XP is not a reward. it is something that I go after by choice. If these crap decisions keep being forced down our throats, I'm out. I have better things to do than waste my time on a game that forces me to do things I don't want to do. Screw that noise.
  • edited March 12
    Exact same for me squid. I've been a hard core player since I started playing. But I've realized that being frustrated more then enjoying the game you're playing defeats the purpose. My guild Viking berserkers and ex guild mates from line are the only reason why I stayed as long as I have. At least I've gotten that out of dungeon boss.
  • The only thing I have quit out on is the PVP, because PVP is starting to look just as bad as Destiny & that was the biggest flop since raids with no matchmaking & halo reach.

The only reason I am not quitting out on everything else to do with dungeon boss is because it needs a Gravekeeper to keep the spirit & Undead heroes in line & resting in peace until the time to destroy the pesky light heroes comes.

I too have stopped playing PvP, except for the necessary times to do my Guild quests. I have 40 unclaimed PvP tickets in my mailbox because I freaking hate PvP right now.

I'm mostly collecting totems and materials for epics, gathering a few remaining Hero tokens where I need them, and earning as many gems as can in the hopes I can create a useful Superior rune soon.

It sounds like they're going to adjust several things in the next few weeks, and I've been playing for about a year so I'm hoping in another month or two the game will be better balanced. They are admitting that MK, Shade and Koros are messing things up, which is funny since two of these are relatively recent introductions which they clearly didn't test fully before unleashing. I hope the developers learn from this and try not to introduce overpowered heroes again.
  • surely they did test these guys. They were all made to counter each other. People invest in them, they need them to compete and release a new hero that is a "top tier hero" which causes a repeating cycle. I don't see it changing and nerfing hero's is a terrible solution. It upsets many who have invested in a short lived successful character.
  • @SquidProQuo: While I quit myself about two weeks ago, I wanted to compliment you on all your efforts, clear thinking and well phrased, constructive feedback. You've been a bright beacon of reason in an otherwise tepid sea of deliberate and despicable developer ignorance.

Farewell, wherever you go.
  • Do not look at your players and always change the rules and hero setups.....you will earn a lot of money. Did I forget something?
  • @HaxusBloodbane Is not human, he did not come to join the forum, but rather, was always there, and the forum was built around him.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • edited March 12
    I stopped putting money into the game last fall when they started introducing game breaking hero's with no chance to get them starred unless I paid up a bunch of $. Up until then I was giving them a few bucks a month for daily gems and other inexpensive deals. The new bug that popped up today where PVP is stuck in a loop, all my honor scrolls have been drained, and matches crash on load is pushing me over the fence to something else.
  • edited March 12
    If people are answering honestly the results do not look good. It's a small pool but 17% have a positive outlook while over 50% are ready to move on. A real turn off for a new player.
  • I generally avoid the forums, not for any reason in particular I just never felt it necessary to jump in unless I came across a bug of sorts...

Anyhow, PVP Seasons seemed like a fantastic idea, it got a lot of us hyped about the upcoming weeks giving players more of a challenge but also stopping others (like myself) from being unable to win a single raid due to the high high level players. I've been playing DB for a longgg time, was here when Igorok was the high end camp that everyone who was anyone had as their friends hero, I've seen Tower of Pwnage appear and grow, I've seen a tonne of heroes appear and dissappear in the ever changing meta, I've seen the introduction of Guilds and like most long term platers I've invested money into DB.

Now, PVP Seasons I can deal with, I appreciate that it's a WIP and it's going to take time to get things right. A possible fix for level 70 players could be a secondary league table, focused on level 70 players, allowing bigger rewards throughout but also allowing the lower levelled players to achieve Warlord+ ranking without dealing with the 30k power teams that you come across in Champion 2 :/

But I digress, the real finisher for me is the latest update to Daily quests, doing 3 a day was fine, win a couple pvp raids, reach a tower floor etc. It was good, it was manageable and something I could do when waking up and getting my son up. Now it's at least ten "quests" just to get my 30 crowns each day. I appreciate this was probably a move to get players to spend more time in DB, but this is not the way to do it. If you want players to invest more time into DB then fix the issues you currently have, then create new content and play with a few ideas. Don't throw content out, constantly breaking things and then when people complain throw out more changes so they then have more to get angry/frustrated about. It just feels so counter productive, I'm not a world renowned professional in Game Design, but I have enough experience to tell you, you're going about this all wrong. Focus on singular tasks, make them work, implement them then move on to the next task. Sprint goals guys! I mean crap even if you're using waterfall just let someone make a decision and stick with it.

Anyway, rant over, I hope my feedback is at least read by one of the devs.
  • Please stop pushing this imbalanced pvp **** by giving top runes to top players......nobody will win against them with power runes and the game will be more and more imbalanced. I do not spend anymore money to this strategy. You had a great game and ruined it by runes and meta heroes (and not bug fixing by the way).

Masuta will kill broom always. So this super hero is a piece of .... in pvp.
    Most heros are useless in pvp.....sorry, most old heros. Take a look at igorok, when did you see him in pvp last time. Sme for maleficica, zoom, hansunke, Bovus, Augustus, Tzume....and so on.

I cant understand those updates.....it is so frustrating.
  • Dethbirdy wrote: »
    Please stop pushing this imbalanced pvp **** by giving top runes to top players......nobody will win against them with power runes and the game will be more and more imbalanced. I do not spend anymore money to this strategy. You had a great game and ruined it by runes and meta heroes (and not bug fixing by the way).

Masuta will kill broom always. So this super hero is a piece of .... in pvp.
    Most heros are useless in pvp.....sorry, most old heros. Take a look at igorok, when did you see him in pvp last time. Sme for maleficica, zoom, hansunke, Bovus, Augustus, Tzume....and so on.

I cant understand those updates.....it is so frustrating.

I can honestly say I have never seen MK kill a broom. You are right though. I can honestly say I have never seen maleficica, zoom, hansunke, or Tzume in pvp. Not even a single time.
  • wow currently about 80% of people quit or are ready to quit.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • How do they sleep at night!
  • I haven't necessarily lost interest yet, but that's only because I'm more interested in seeing the mechanics fixed, rather than playing the game. So I'll stick around till the game is picture perfect, then I'll stop playing, until it gets messy again.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    How do they sleep at night?

The people who have quit? They sleep SOUNDLY. Very well. And awake refreshed.

What about bill the boss ?