How close are you to quitting DB?

2»

Comments

• seanluckyseanlucky Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Skip_Holmes Yeh, a combat formula tweaking worries me. I hope the goal is to complement existing runes so that a blend of Atk and Dmg is optimal, meaning we'd need our current OP runes with Destruction runes as well. But, I'm not certain they'll get it correct at first. And there's only so much a player can sit through.
  • @Skip_Holmes
    And now you see the developers problems.
    With pay to win games they don't the the flexibility to make the much needed adjustments to the game due to real money having been spent. They paint themselves into a corner, no way out.

I wish them luck and hope they can make it fun and balanced again, more like pre-rune game.
    litespeed
  • @Skip_Holmes
    With pay to win games they don't the the flexibility to make the much needed adjustments to the game due to real money having been spent.

That's a great way of putting it. While having a community is essential -- even if the entire community doesn't shell out dollars -- because it gives the big spenders somebody to play against. But in order to maintain that community, they'll need to cross swords with the guys who split their paychecks between car payments, rent, groceries, and a 50$ Google Play card. Tough spot!

Personally, I gave up my level 70 account. I'm sure there were a few hundred dollars spent on it over the years... but all the fun was sapped out of playing it to the point where I was literally stressed out and losing touch with reality just to finish the quests and inanity of the game. I loved Dungeon Boss a year ago, but when it became a part-time job I had no choice but to walk away from the grind.

I have a new low-level account, but I'm not spending money on it. I'm officially part of the community who'll get their brains bashed against the big spenders. And when it gets bad, I'm sure I'll finally just uninstall and be a happier person.

Yay me.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm not done yet. They definitely have screwed up, but if everything people are saying is true, then surely they can't keep messing up forever, right? Any iOS game that starts changing the formula can only get 1 of 2 results: The change makes the game unplayable, and even though whales are still playing, they won't be able to support the game forever, and it will crash. Or 2, the changes, even if they hurt the game, are either good right of the bat or are amended, and the game not only becomes fun, but profitable too - and the game prospers.

It seems DB is definitely going more towards option 1, but it also seems like they know they're going to crash eventually, and some recent changes make me believe they're realizing this and trying to start heading towards option 2. It's not too late for them to fix this. I believe they just need to find the right balance of paying for benefits, and still being a fun game even if you don't pay (or pay very little).
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I'm getting closer.
  • LietoLieto Member
    So the game is more PVP than anything now...unless you need 100 tokens of an early release hero and then it s go auto run a relatively useless dungeon to get the quest done...

So, PvP it is for me.

PvP used to be ok. Not great and i often took a break from a season but it was ok. I'd win most of my battles and the opponents did not all run the same OP team.

Then they made this fundamental change and it actually got better. Suddenly, it was worth competing although matchmaking was terrible

Then they kept tweaking and they made it so RNG played a massive part in whether you beat the better designed teams (these are not necessarily the best teams, just the ones that maximise the attackers exposure to RNG - so people on streaks beware)

At this point I started thinking I was losing interest...and I think its safe to say a lot of others did.

Now we have a situation where RNG is no longer the main issue, it is super powered heroes like Koros and Vipera being given buffs that make it hard to mitigate their one shot AOE moves AND even if you do, the RNG could still play a part in your loss.

The result is that unless you are probably one of maybe 20-40 players in the game, PvP got a whole lot worse and winning seems less in your hands than it did before - and even then it was not as high as i think we'd like...

So, without some reassuring and meaningful updates from the likes of @Eej, I'm going to conclude that they have no idea what is broken nor how to fix it and as such i'll stop wasting the significant amount of time I've been sinking into this game to remain competitive...lets face it, I dont enjoy pvp but i did like the rewards...now that the rewards are in fact not really helping me get any batter at PvP (Superior PVP top 100 damage reduction rune on Emily bringing her total DR to 85% - who cares, dead to koros...try to disease koros...oh well, lived but then dead to Viperas back to back moves), it does beg the question, what's the point??!
  • PardonPardon Member
    One of the greatest problem are the rewards in pvp.....because every season makes the situation worst because the stronger gets much stronger with those absurd runes and for others it becomes nearly impossibile just to climb to Legenda 1.
    Even a child would understand it
  • LietoLieto Member
    Pardon wrote: »
    One of the greatest problem are the rewards in pvp.....because every season makes the situation worst because the stronger gets much stronger with those absurd runes and for others it becomes nearly impossibile just to climb to Legenda 1.
    Even a child would understand it

Its not the rewards that are the issue you are facing...it is the silly RNG around crafting. If crafting were better, more people would have a better quality set of runes, and the pvp runes would not be so much of a differentiating factor. DB need to address that and they need to do so quickly
  • echonapechonap Member
    A week ago, I was optimistic about the game. The constant rework of heroes and the introduction of new meta-defining heroes makes it a constant race to figure out what works. Some people enjoy that. I guess I don't. I never liked pvp to begin with, but I hate it right now. However, it has, by far, the best rewards in game. With each season, I feel like I am falling further and further behind. Back in the old format, I was only missing out on tokens that I rarely needed, and some crafting materials. No big deal. Now, legend 1 rewards are better than anything I can craft, and top 100 gets two runes better than anything I can craft. At this rate, my roster will not be able to compete in a few weeks, if not already. (I have all but the five most recent heroes at max stars, and all max epics, currently ranked low 60s in hero power)

I would like to see some balance between PVP and PVE. Ideally, all the champion runes being rewarded for PVP should have PVE bonuses, and there should be special event dungeons that reward runes with PVP bonus when you three star it the first time. Maybe a VH dungeon that is barely beatable with perfect strategy or some insane runes only available from PVP. This would encourage people to play all aspects of the game to improve their overall roster. Currently, it is just pvp, pvp, and more pvp.

I am very close to quitting. Maybe not this week's reset, but soon. And I have 300 million gold and 10k gems unspent on my account.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I find games that focus on the PvE aspect much more enjoyable than PvP. That way things could be broken and nobody complains, and the game doesn't feel like a job or a sport that you have to dedicate yourself to just to do well at.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • seth33seth33 Member
    I had originally put "in close" but I can officially change it too "at reset" as I informed my GM in leaving Sunday. I haven't done an event in 3 weeks (no interest) and with all the other changes since the Christmas event I have come to the realization as much as I love my guild it's becoming a chore to log in. It's suppose to be a game for fun! So I'm officially tapping. I stayed with you guys through the portal nerf and everything else but I just can't figure out where it all went wrong. I hope you get your game together because it WAS a very very fun game.
2»