Epic and Rune Crafting Calculator

I've posted before on the materials needed to upgrade epic weapons, but I thought it might be useful for people to have a calculator that will take that data and let them calculate how many more materials are needed (including totems, gold, gems, etc.) to max out any remaining epics, taking into account their current materials they own. I also decided to add runes to the calculator, because I often find myself balancing between spending materials on epics versus runes.

Basically you just enter into the calculator the current level of all your epics and also enter all your current materials, gold and gems (both raw and crafted). The calculator will let you know how many more of each material you need. If you don't care about a particular epic, you can just set that epic to max level (12), and it will ignore it. This is useful if you want to prioritize certain epics over others and also balance out against rune creation.

There is a separate input tab for runes. You just enter the runes you'd like to be able to create on this tab and it will combine this data with the epic data to let you know how many materials you need to accomplish both maxing epics and creating certain runes. I tried putting shortcut buttons to reset the various input values, but this forum won't allow posting of macro-enabled spreadsheets, so I had to strip those out.

I've only done limited testing of the calculator, so would be grateful if a few people could test out. I can then make any corrections necessary based on that feedback. Since I put this together over time, it isn't extremely efficient or clean programming, so I apologize if there was a much better way to approach. Let me know if you find useful.

Thanks

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Foozle, you make my brain hurt.
  • If you want a google sheet version here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gUMbRm2GT8IH6JgLGsJRePpiPiSPGbJvg9J9l_GZKgQ/edit?usp=sharing

Simply click File, make a copy to add to your google drive.
  • I should probably give you a like even though I didn't look at all that because my brain is tired.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 2017
    You're amazing, Foozle.

I reordered the materials into separate material groups and crafted items into groups in the order they appear in the crafting menu.

Makes it readily apparent how unbalanced the formulas for these things are -- so many Flame Etched Bars, Flame Jewels, Flame Spirits and Blazing Tomes required vs the other elements for each.

Going through my inventory, I was surprised that Elemental Ingot and other two Ancient items aren't even used.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited March 2017
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    You're amazing, Foozle.

I reordered the materials into separate material groups and crafted items into groups in the order they appear in the crafting menu.

Makes it readily apparent how unbalanced the formulas for these things are -- so many Flame Etched Bars, Flame Jewels, Flame Spirits and Blazing Tomes required vs the other elements for each.

Going through my inventory, I was surprised that Elemental Ingot and other two Ancient items aren't even used.

Good idea about the ordering. Yes, it would be great if they did something about the imbalance between the various mats. It would be a natural thing to make the element of the hero match the element of the materials used. Maybe they will adjust at some point.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm still playing around with numbers in this sheet this morning. Thank you so much for posting it.

It's crazy. Because of the imbalance in their requirements and/or broken recipes you need:

1. almost 2x as many Flame Crystals as any other crystals, and Amber/Quartz Crystals are barely used.
    2. 2x the Silver and 4x the Flame Steel is required vs. other metals. Iron is barely used (thankful as it's also least dropped).
    3. Ebony is barely used. Half of most of the other materials. And both Pyre Embers and Brimstone are required 3x of the other raw materials.
    4. Mushrooms are the most required plant, but supply seems to be keeping up with demand. Mandrake Root is the most imbalanced -- requires quite a bit, but is the least plentiful in my inventory.

At least I can easily see where I need to focus both in crafting and also in material collection. Thanks again, Foozle!

Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • If there was no imbalance would you be tempted to fix the imbalance with spending money? It is definitely on purpose.
    Same as you need 4-5x the number of minds eye, Runed and coldfire evos than most of the rest. (I know there are a few other highly needed ones but making a brief point here)
    litespeed
  • Oh. Maybe a better metric of imbalance is simply found by looking at what materials are still required vs. inventory. Because it doesn't matter how much of a material is required, as long as it's dropping with sufficient frequency and quantity.

The only items I still need to collect for metals/raw materials are Brimstone (1132), and Pyre Embers (917). All I ever run is Challenge Mode, so it makes sense that I've collected all the other metals/raw materials, but the amount of those still required speaks to the poor drop rate and nasty imbalance in Epic upgrade requirements.

I don't run a ton of Normal Mode, so it's understandable that I need more plants, but Mandrake Root has the most pronounced imbalance (49 on hand, 554 still needed). Humorously, I do need a ton of Mushrooms (431 on hand, 927 still needed), but I remember for the longest time being maxed re: Mushrooms in my inventory. I wonder how many Mushrooms just got dropped because I didn't realize I'd hit the top of my inventory count.

Re: crystals, the only ones I still need are Natural, Ice, and Flame. All of the Abyssal Crystals I earned for the current event weren't even necessary (305 total required, 564 in inventory). Flame Crystals are the only ones that are severely out of balance (232 in inventory, 1410 still required).