How can one compete with so much inconsistency?

My Emily has 38% damage reduction and 36% pvp damage reduction.. decently defended.... I figured.

Yet koros does 14k damage while drenched????? Emily has no rebuffs.

If this is normal.. again... shows how damage is just out of control.

b7l40k0pt6za.png

Comments

• RawNESRawNES Member
    Inconsistency is what they are consistent at.
  • seanluckyseanlucky Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Bring in Furnace for an additional 15% DR for Emily. And find a way to up her 11% more, and you've got broken sauce :)
  • danacdanac Member
    Koros does extra special damage vs emily and magical heroes. I have about 70% total dr on Emily, and bring her in w Furnace, and she'll still get ohko by Koros often.
  • Still doesn't add up.. Emily should be taking lets say 30% damage (DR) from Koros who's doing 30% damage (drenched). Crude calculation but to me that works out to be about 9 dmg out of 100. So, 9% damage, lets say 10%.. he did 14,000 damage which means he did about 140,000 damage without any DR/debuffs?

I have heroes get hit by Koros all the time.. even a hard hit on a squishy with next to no defense is like 50-60k damage. Which makes sense, as I've notice other hits with Koros hits Emily around 5k. I can't see someone being able to rune a Koros for 300% MORE damage than the average 5300 attack power.

So much to fix.. with no intentions in sight.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I'm so glad that the changes since the start of the guild summits is doing so much to increase our enjoyment of the game.
  • danacdanac Member
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    Still doesn't add up.. Emily should be taking lets say 30% damage (DR) from Koros who's doing 30% damage (drenched). Crude calculation but to me that works out to be about 9 dmg out of 100. So, 9% damage, lets say 10%.. he did 14,000 damage which means he did about 140,000 damage without any DR/debuffs?

I have heroes get hit by Koros all the time.. even a hard hit on a squishy with next to no defense is like 50-60k damage. Which makes sense, as I've notice other hits with Koros hits Emily around 5k. I can't see someone being able to rune a Koros for 300% MORE damage than the average 5300 attack power.

Pretty sure Koros has a 3x multiplier vs Magical- which is Emily. 2x or 3x. I don't know all the numbers for any specific case, I'm just saying I cannot bring my merely very well runed Emily against Koros.
  • MelofSteel wrote: »
    Still doesn't add up.. Emily should be taking lets say 30% damage (DR) from Koros who's doing 30% damage (drenched). Crude calculation but to me that works out to be about 9 dmg out of 100. So, 9% damage, lets say 10%.. he did 14,000 damage which means he did about 140,000 damage without any DR/debuffs?

It does add up. Too lazy to spell it all out. Go read foozles post regarding the attack formula. Essentially the biggest component is attack stat divided by defense stat which is really big for Koros compared to DR stacked emily. Also x2 damage to magical. Numbers get massive really quick.
  • @MattCauthron, @danac Even comparing my own experiences with my Koros, I have a decently all attack power runed koros and with a good hit on an assumed decently runed Emily - I do maybe 12k. There are Emilys that I can't oneshot even without the aid of Furnace - it's not the magic multiplier, it's always been factored in.

Thanks for the feedback but I'm still not convinced and at odds that a DRENCHED Koros can output that much damage. I'll keep a log but I don't see Koros doing 50,000 damage to Emily as a norm.