Hero Update: Rocky

Everyone's favorite adorable mushroom is getting a bit more terrifying, in fact, his Growth has already started! Rocky's full changes will be released tomorrow.

Changes:
  • Rocky will now be part of the "Plant" family! We realized there is only so much we can do with the "Mushroom" class, so we're building out a broader classification for him. Yes, we know mushrooms are technically fungi and not plants, just work with us here. :P
  • Rocky will have the "Rogue" tag.
  • Rockywillnowbefastbecauserockysgottagofast
  • Rocky will have the ability "Plant Growth", which increases Max HP and ATK at the end of each round. (Stacks up to 8 times. When a hero with Plant Growth moves from one room to another in a Campaign dungeon, they uproot themselves, setting their stacks back to 1 in the new room. Stacks are set to 0 on death.)
  • Rocky's "Spore Cloud' now gives Nature allies Haste, and gives Rocky and other (non-nature) allies a dodge buff for one round. It also triggers Growth on all Plant allies.
  • Rocky's "Mauling" is being replaced with "Sonic Screech", which is a Ranged Spirit attack that hits all enemies and silences the targeted enemy. This ability starts powered.
  • Rocky gets the passive ability "Fungus Amongus", which gives Plants a chance to apply poison when doing a basic attack. Chance increases with each stack of Growth.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 15
    Joel wrote: »
    Everyone's favorite adorable mushroom is getting a bit more terrifying, in fact, his Growth has already started! Rocky's full changes will be released tomorrow.

Changes:
    • Rockywillnowbefastbecauserockysgottagofast

This really just exemplifies the big issues in pvp. You guys can't release a hero that affects the meta without doing the following

1)Fast Speed
    2)Invulnerable (Reptiles)
    3)Invincible (Emily/Bauble ect)
    4)AOE OTK to be combined with Emily rez.

This is of course because damage numbers are simply to high, and without being essentially damage immune or brought back from the dead no hero is going to live past the fast phase.

But hey at least this may shake up the meta! Stack some Aegis/Planning on him like everyone else and just about give your team turn 1 damage immunity. (Well 85% that is... YAY MORE RNG)

• edited March 15
    first of all im not happy about his haste being for only green guys I LiVED off his haste in pvp second im glad rocky is getting some love thirdly rocky may become part of my list of beloved heroes lastly WHY DOES HE STILL NOT HAVE piercing yelp III!?!?!?
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sigh.

At this rate we will be seeing a Faster than Fast speed just to differentiate between all the fast heroes. Can't wait to see in what manner the new plant hero(s), that are presumably being released tomorrow, screw things up.
  • @Joel Does "Spore Cloud' started out activated, what are the CD's on these abilities.
  • I remember when runes first came out and there was the mystical "increase a heroes speed" bonus trait. This led to 1st slot fast rocky's on defense that were simply unbeatable because of how ridiculously broken it was. Sure the game has added a few new broken heroes and strategies since but that's no excuse to reintroduce this. And on top of it, Rocky can also silence heroes.
    Sorry Balog, you were never special. Sorry Meta, changes swing like no tomorrow. Sorry PvP, I don't even know you anymore.
  • Awesome! I'm glad that such a tough to star hero is now very much worth it.... Also I'm glad that even though it took me over a year, I already have him 6*!
  • REALLY wish you guys would stop making fast heroes....
  • This sounds absolutely horrible. You've admitted that Shade and Koros may have been too powerful when you released him (they were). You nerfed Kai post release, because he was too powerful. Now you're creating a fast hero that gives ALL heroes super dodge and nature heroes haste on the first turn. Unless there are things you aren't telling us yet to mitigate this hero's power, this appears to be beyond broken.
  • edited March 16
    Interesting changes. Might we be seeing a pvp update along with this release? @Eej
  • I will echo the general statements, making a fast hero able to grant their team a giant dodge bonus basically makes for more broken pvp meta, it's essentially the same as zen or Kia needing your team before you get to go, more unfun pvp I guess.
  • It's been said a million times...fast heroes should not be capable of winning the match before anyone else even gets to go. Stop doing this.
  • Joel wrote: »

Changes:
    • Rocky will have the ability "Growth". What is Growth? It's an ability that Plants get, but that won't be live until tomorrow. For now, let's just say that Growth, for lack of a better word, is good. ;)

SO much for that idea.
    yp6f9fgawxz7.png

• edited March 16
    If only there were a rune that could make Rogar live until he got a turn...
    Gmun
  • gmun wrote: »

The Zen rune! I use that runeslot quite frequently. It's a key component in item 3 (Invincibility) of the list I posted above for making heroes usable. Because otherwise... yea he doesn't stand a chance.

The Zen rune! I use that runeslot quite frequently. It's a key component in item 3 (Invincibility) of the list I posted above for making heroes usable. Because otherwise... yea he doesn't stand a chance.

Or the "Bob the Bird" rune, overclocked. :wink:
  • Very excited for this buff, however I do feel we need to stop buffing fast heroes (shade,Shadowblade,Torchy ETC) and give some love to Normal speed and Slow heroes
  • So while we're here how many votes for removing the fast tag from Shade the broken? Anybody? Oh and a nerf to Masuta Kira would be nice, and a buff to Dhaegon who's honestly a pretty ***** reward for finishing campaign. Updating Rocky is on the right track though. Cant wait to see how this shakes things up. Icebloom shatter team AWAY!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Rocky and reptile defence will be interesting...

Viperia in slot two for defending team means buffs stripped and death to all heroes. Plus you can't use kai because they will dodge his attack. 85% dodge?!? Are you guys really releasing this? I am hopeful it is an early April fools joke because. @Eej @Joel please tell us that this ability is in slot 2 or it is going to be the worst pvp has ever been. There are no fast heroes with perfect swing...
  • I wonder if Koros can strip the dodge buff?
  • Well, everyone will have a decently starred Rocky after this event as it stands. It will be interesting if an old hero breaks the meta instead of a new hero at least.
  • Wonder what the new plant hero will be... I say... Let it grow!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • @joel by any chance did you guys test this before announcing it ?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • GukZoin wrote: »
    gmun wrote: »

Viperia in slot two for defending team means buffs stripped and death to all heroes. Plus you can't use kai because they will dodge his attack. 85% dodge?!? Are you guys really releasing this? I am hopeful it is an early April fools joke because. @Eej @Joel please tell us that this ability is in slot 2 or it is going to be the worst pvp has ever been. There are no fast heroes with perfect swing...

I've been discussing this on line. Theoretically wouldn't Rocky Bauble Valkin Rogar have 100% dodge round one? Another option being Rocky Bauble Emily Koros.

I think counters will exist. Excited to see how it all plays out! I still don't like the general direction of "upgrade to fast" to make relevant.
  • I agree, it shows how strong fast characters are, all others have to either grant some crazy 1 turn buff (shade, bauble, krexx) just to get your team to compete, DB's answer, make more guys fast. Honestly fast guys are great and they should exist but I think they should be single target snipers, or some kind of debuff. Kia shadow blade, willow, lupina all fit into my idea of a good fast hero splendidly, mk, black diamond and now rocky does not.
  • Renly wrote: »
    Prediction: DB will continue to rebalance/create predominantly fast heroes until the meta is overwhelming broken in this regard (if Rocky has not already done so).

Then, a new speed tag, Lightning, will be introduced. Obviously, lightning heroes will go before all fast heroes.

This earth-shattering, game-breaking, meta-shifting speed tag will undoubtedly only be able a VIP or Top 100 exclusive for the first few months of its existence.

Brilliant and cheeky .... great post filled with so many nuggets of truth I had to read it twice. All kidding aside though, I really wish we could address and fix the numerous problems that the vast majority of the playerbase has with this game/PVP BEFORE making changes of this magnitude. "Fixing" something is not the same as introducing further "change", and in fact, usually results in making the "fixing" part more difficult to accomplish. Dusting off old heroes and trying to make them relavent again with OP meta-changing powers, and most likely giving us a new epic weapon to level tomorrow all just seems like a business decision and smokescreen to distract our attention from the real problems that plague the game. The car that we're all driving in is on fire, how about we extinguish it before kicking it into overdrive eh?!