Hero Update: Rocky

Comments

• KianoliKianoli Member
    If you think about it, this could actually be one way of creating some diversity, at least on pvp defence. If normal speed, awesome but unused heroes are now almost impossible to hit on the first round, then using Rocky, we suddenly have a much larger roster of heroes and strategies to choose from.... But the Koros/Emily team would still be one of the few and monotonous options on the attackers side unfortunately, assuming Koros strips the dodge buff before striking...
  • Before you released new Rocky , pls make him normal speed . Already dealing with so many. fast invincible , fast drenched , fast feared ...here comes another fast hero sonic.exe (gotta go fast) pls dont tagged him fast rogue. i had enough with fast and now this ?
    for cry out loud
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Kianoli wrote: »
    If you think about it, this could actually be one way of creating some diversity, at least on pvp defence. If normal speed, awesome but unused heroes are now almost impossible to hit on the first round, then using Rocky, we suddenly have a much larger roster of heroes and strategies to choose from.... But the Koros/Emily team would still be one of the few and monotonous options on the attackers side unfortunately, assuming Koros strips the dodge buff before striking...

Koros does purge the 3 buffs before attacking, it's actually a quite interesting feature.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • I have a rune thar give bonus dmg to shrooms, will that be changed or it that resist rune even more worthless than a normal one?
  • This is by far worst change in this game history. A fast rocky is like a overpowered Zen. Did you really test such big changes?
  • This is by far worst change in this game history. A fast rocky is like a overpowered Zen. Did you really test such big changes?

Really? Worst change? Worse than Aether update or PvP Seasons or newer guild games or anything everyone but I am complaining about?
    I wish everyone would wait until using an update for a few days before deciding how good it is.
    PvP should NOT be easy to win, and Rocky on defense will definetly be something difficult to raid. However, there are definetly counters, for example Zen + Dwarves, Furnace + Bauble + Dwarves, Koros + Shade + Emily, etc. This is not as big of a deal as people are making it.
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    This is by far worst change in this game history. A fast rocky is like a overpowered Zen. Did you really test such big changes?

Really? Worst change? Worse than Aether update or PvP Seasons or newer guild games or anything everyone but I am complaining about?
    I wish everyone would wait until using an update for a few days before deciding how good it is.
    PvP should NOT be easy to win, and Rocky on defense will definetly be something difficult to raid. However, there are definetly counters, for example Zen + Dwarves, Furnace + Bauble + Dwarves, Koros + Shade + Emily, etc. This is not as big of a deal as people are making it.

@NobodyPi I think people are fed up because we are still beta testing a broken system after 9 weeks! with no end in sight. IN addition we all know that as soon as he is released there will be posts of bugs that he has and it will go to the bottom of list of bugs they are currently working on. I personally would prefer if they fix the pvp bugs, revamp their combat engine the come out with a blanket list of hero changes/rune changes (ie Skill/resist).
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Plz stop making heroes fast
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Plz stop making Legend I 40K trophies.

I honestly thought we'd made this pretty clear that it was too much. I could have sworn I remembered them saying that you should spend the majority of your time in your appropriate league (Which happened the very first season). It seems they now disagree with that statement without making any clarification.

The issue was obviously people would get to Legend I and stop playing, but how they "fixed" this was not the correct path. They should have placed increased incentives to continuing pvping in Legend I like higher honor and honor shop rewards meaningful enough to want to farm for. This way we would have a much larger pool of players in Legend to pvp with and people wouldn't feel like they needed to grind so much to get to where they are meant to be playing in the first place!

• BrazyBrazy Member
    Looking forward to this change. Everyone is tired of Shade/MK so this should keep it fresh for a bit.
  • This change would not cause any chaos in PVP. If you see any defense with Rocky, just bring your own Rocky
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • Hompipah wrote: »
    This change would not cause any chaos in PVP. If you see any defense with Rocky, just bring your own Rocky

Yea and then we can throw 15% dice rolls at each other!
  • Hompipah wrote: »
    This change would not cause any chaos in PVP. If you see any defense with Rocky, just bring your own Rocky

Yea and then we can throw 15% dice rolls at each other!

Takumi will be everywhere this weekend. :wink:
  • @Eej , I, and I'm sure many others would love to know the rationale for making Rocky fast? Clearly there are some strong opinions on this.
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    @Eej , I, and I'm sure many others would love to know the rationale for making Rocky fast? Clearly there are some strong opinions on this.

The reason is pretty clear isn't it? He would do absolutely nothing to the meta at normal speed. Why make changes if nobody cares. If they want to see new heroes used, they have to push the envelope.
  • So lazy design is what you are saying?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 16
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    So lazy design is what you are saying?

Not lazy design necessarily. He's an established hero with and his abilities are his identity. They try to change those as little as possible. Don't want to mess with the "soul of the hero". They still wanted to make him useful however so they changed his tag to fast.

It more speaks upon big picture design issues with the entire pvp system (very difficult to solve so certainly nothing to do with lazy. Eej is literally working weekends here) than lazy design on a single hero.
  • I am actually kinda interested to see how he shakes out in real gameplay. I don't think the Fast tag is not necessarily a game breaker. Koros can strip those buffs if necessary.

It does make him useful in that he NEEDS to go before others to allow his buffs to actually be used by the other heroes. Lupina was the same -- fearing everyone is no good if she's Normal speed and all your fast heroes have already unleashed their first special.

Also, in addition to the Fast tag buff, he also got nerfed slightly in that he no longer hastes non-nature allies.

Personally, I think it sounds like a reasonable buff. Can't wait to see it in action.
  • Fair enough.
  • The only problem I see is it turns defenses into something like Rocky, Viperia, Krexx, X. and attacks into Koros, Emily, Furnace, Bauble. Emily to just endure and get Koros up again so he can purge. I mean you can't send in a dwarf to mitigate the dodge as they are all normal speed and thus won't get to go before the defense's first normal (who could potentially get two actions). It just seems like its all very very played out before its even implemented.
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    The only problem I see is it turns defenses into something like Rocky, Viperia, Krexx, X. and attacks into Koros, Emily, Furnace, Bauble. Emily to just endure and get Koros up again so he can purge. I mean you can't send in a dwarf to mitigate the dodge as they are all normal speed and thus won't get to go before the defense's first normal (who could potentially get two actions). It just seems like its all very very played out before its even implemented.
    Joel wrote: »
    • OXIDIZED TEAM: Nature allies deal extra damage to armored enemies.

Not anymore. They fixed that problem.
    centralcommand
  • Dodgy haste rocky round 1 pvp. RIP pvp.
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    Somewhat ironic to have so many nature buffs this time round considering how Rocky seems to be more useful with non-nature allies as the Evasion is generally more useful than Haste in PvP.
  • Rocky does two things: First is to pretty much break pvp (just wait a few more days or a week to really see it). Second is to make Koros even more of a required hero.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited March 17
    Wow. This is bad. They gave defenders a guaranteed 85%+ dodge chance before you even act. You won't be able to kill the enemy's first normal hero with any of your fast heroes, since none of them are dwarves. What is going on devs?. Even with koros on your team, you have to just pray to the gods of luck that he isn't killed outright by the 1-4 attackers which you have no ability to stop. There are two possible counters to this new team. Dwarves, who will be instakilled by a Viperia attack with lilly on her team. The other is bauble, but again, their buffs will be stripped before you have a chance to act and they will receive double damage form Viperia as well. What is going on? Even if you bring your own rocky, you are still at a disadvantage since no fast heroes in the game can work around that 85% dodge chance. Your still taking that first hit, be it Koros or Viperia.
  • @Joel , is the silence effect of Sonic Screech dodgable?