Hero Update: Rocky

Comments

• So I guess those summits over the past month don't really mean anything. How unfortunate.

It's like the player base/community very clearly explains what's wrong and what should be fixed/changed, and DB goes rogue and does the opposite.

I almost feel as if DB is too proud to make changes based off of the community. If it's not "their" idea, then it won't get implemented.

Anyway, I've been too negative the past few months, so I'm just gonna collect my gems/crowns and wait to see if something changes for the GOOD of the players.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 17

(I don't hear any mention of PvE...campaign dungeons, etc. These are all PvP discussions.)
  • gmungmun Member
    I spent at least 8 mil gold yesterday too. I will wait to say more lest I step out of line... :(
    Gmun
  • gmungmun Member
    NateDoge wrote: »
    Reducing the dodge chance will not fix the problem. Koros/krexx/viperia/rocky will still be unbeatable without either massive luck or massive rune advantage. There is no way to counter that opening koros shot unless you have a serious rune advantage. This is everything wrong with pvp taken to 11.The only fix is to make rocky normal speed.

This team is quite beatable. I lost about 6 times while figuring it out. Just set it as your defense and someone will come along and show you the solutions.
    Gmun
  • RexobRexob Member
    I've lost all confidence in the development team... I've been patient since the PvP overhaul and have seen NOTHING but a consistent pattern of failure...
    IGN: N00BST4R Lv66 Champion
  • It's hilarious to me to see the same people every day frustrated at the devs, yet they still come back for their daily doses of pain. What's even more hilarious is when the devs work EXTRA hard in trying to improve the game, and all it does is make the game worse and worse, baiting the same exact players into criticizing and complaining on the forums again.

I just browse these forums to see what else the devs can do to continue *^#%ing up the game more. And I love seeing the exact same people angry and frustrated at the devs but still come back the next day to be frustrated again.

This whole thing is like a bad break up waiting to happen hahahaha

*chews popcorn*

*sips drink*

• gmun wrote: »
    NateDoge wrote: »
    Reducing the dodge chance will not fix the problem. Koros/krexx/viperia/rocky will still be unbeatable without either massive luck or massive rune advantage. There is no way to counter that opening koros shot unless you have a serious rune advantage. This is everything wrong with pvp taken to 11.The only fix is to make rocky normal speed.

This team is quite beatable. I lost about 6 times while figuring it out. Just set it as your defense and someone will come along and show you the solutions.

I've been farming this team all last night and this morning. The counter was really obvious to me as I'd already been using it against shade sb koros emily/leo teams.

Kobal Koros Furnace Emily. As long as your Emily is bullet proof she will live through Koros and take zero damage from Viperia/Krexx. Rez your koros and finish off the team. I didn't lose a single time with it and it definitely helped my ratio!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    The nature hero days are numbered when the new agent orange hero is released. I hope it looks like me.
  • @MattCauthron thanks for that. Lots of people hinting but not saying! Can I ask what Kobal brings to the party? Disease on death?
  • Thanks for fixing the mistake so quickly. Please slow down with all the changes. PVP is much better now. Lets eventually get out of the Preseason. Maybe create additional game content to attract more interest?
  • gradders wrote: »
    @MattCauthron thanks for that. Lots of people hinting but not saying! Can I ask what Kobal brings to the party? Disease on death?

Yea I have no idea why people just hint at things. Disease prevents criticals (Except for MK who should be deleted). Koros can't kill a well runed Emily without a crit so this ensures she survives against all but the most powerful Koros. You have to make sure kobal is in the first slot (Or at least before emily) b/c heroes are attacked in the order you place them for AOE purposes if no taunt is in place.
  • gmungmun Member
    Sorry if My post sounded annoying. I like figuring things out for myself.
    Gmun
  • LietoLieto Member
    gradders wrote: »
    @MattCauthron thanks for that. Lots of people hinting but not saying! Can I ask what Kobal brings to the party? Disease on death?

The point to note is bullet proof Em. Takes high quality runes for this status
  • @MattCauthron just tried it against rocky, iris and snakes and viperra killed Emily in one go! Everyone but furnace. I have her epic at 10 and pvp reducing runes in all slots. I think your quartet must be better than mine! But looks like rocky is about to have the fastest nerf in history, so meta will change again.
    @MattCauthron just tried it against rocky, iris and snakes and viperra killed Emily in one go! Everyone but furnace. I have her epic at 10 and pvp reducing runes in all slots. I think your quartet must be better than mine! But looks like rocky is about to have the fastest nerf in history, so meta will change again.

By Iris do you mean Lily? This will not work at allll against Lily teams. She gives bonus damage to armored and Viperia will absolutely shred your Emily.
  • gmungmun Member
    Ive been using krexx viper cobra and Leonidas. Koros kills krexx then leo bringing krexx back to life with both gorgons invincible. Dont need invincible emily for this one.
    Gmun
  • @MattCauthron yes! Lily. Not sure where Iris came from...Good point re Lily. So Rocky, Lily and the snakes? Tough team
    @MattCauthron yes! Lily. Not sure where Iris came from...Good point re Lily. So Rocky, Lily and the snakes? Tough team

Shade, Willow, Koros, kobal. Steal haste from VIP, kill VIP with shade, remove taunt from krexx with Willow, Koros targets other snake.

This tread seems to be off topic.
  • ^Formatting is off on that post too... :neutral:
    @MattCauthron yes! Lily. Not sure where Iris came from...Good point re Lily. So Rocky, Lily and the snakes? Tough team

That one is relatively easy actually! Koros Shade Kobal (Whoever you want). Ember is great if the snakes are hybrid and you think you might need the extra damage. Rogar could be great too if you have him runed, astrid/furnace are solid choices as well.

Shade links the first snake and steals haste. You then use your first move on the snake you just linked and kill it. Koros is your first normal and get's to go now so you use Koros and *should* kill everything else. There seems to be a potential bug with his purging ability right now on Lily but you are left with a 4v1. I managed to take her down every time I've fought that team.

• Zombie8u wrote: »
    gradders wrote: »

Shade, Willow, Koros, kobal. Steal haste from VIP, kill VIP with shade, remove taunt from krexx with Willow, Koros targets other snake.

This tread seems to be off topic.

Will Willow remove taunt even if she misses? I had been using SB but he doesn't purge taunt if he misses.

I also think you were countering a different team than the one he mentioned. ie: Rocky all Reptiles.
  • Yeah, I noticed that after I posted but didn't feel like editing. You have the other team covered. :wink:
  • @MattCauthron I don't have Shade... It makes PvP bleeding hard...
  • I am FURIOUS with this change! I swear DB hates me! I make a thread saying how I wish there were more mushroom heroes, and what does DB do? THEY ELIMINATE ALL MUSHROOM HEROES! This is an atrocity!
    Go potatoes!
  • farfella wrote: »
    I am FURIOUS with this change! I swear DB hates me! I make a thread saying how I wish there were more mushroom heroes, and what does DB do? THEY ELIMINATE ALL MUSHROOM HEROES! This is an atrocity!

Be happy that Rocky had 24 hours of being very useful before his buff was nerfed. His 15 minutes was a whole day. :wink:
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    Rune unbalance is still the predominant problem - the current issue with dodging is only compounded by the fact that most PvP is just 1 hitting the entire team with crazy strong abilities, which is what makes it so crucial to know what the Dodge% is going to be.

The more hits that are needed to take an enemy down, the less of a factor a low dodge percentage is going to play. If you remember PvP at lower levels this is generally the case.
  • Yykkil wrote: »
    Rune unbalance is still the predominant problem - the current issue with dodging is only compounded by the fact that most PvP is just 1 hitting the entire team with crazy strong abilities, which is what makes it so crucial to know what the Dodge% is going to be.

The more hits that are needed to take an enemy down, the less of a factor a low dodge percentage is going to play. If you remember PvP at lower levels this is generally the case.

For me, pvp in the level 55-60 range before runes was the most fun. Not the same now. Sure was fun to watch my Koros with +40% pvp damage destroy everything the first few times. Now it's pretty boring, all about just finding ways to make it so he will be able to take a turn.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Everyone's favorite adorable mushroom is getting a bit more terrifying, in fact, his Growth has already started! Rocky's full changes will be released tomorrow.

Changes:
    • Rocky will now be part of the "Plant" family! We realized there is only so much we can do with the "Mushroom" class, so we're building out a broader classification for him. Yes, we know mushrooms are technically fungi and not plants, just work with us here. :P
    • Rocky will have the "Rogue" tag.
    • Rockywillnowbefastbecauserockysgottagofast
    • Rocky will have the ability "Plant Growth", which increases Max HP and ATK at the end of each round. (Stacks up to 8 times. When a hero with Plant Growth moves from one room to another in a Campaign dungeon, they uproot themselves, setting their stacks back to 1 in the new room. Stacks are set to 0 on death.)
    • Rocky's "Spore Cloud' now gives Nature allies Haste, and gives Rocky and other (non-nature) allies a dodge buff for one round. It also triggers Growth on all Plant allies.
    • Rocky's "Mauling" is being replaced with "Sonic Screech", which is a Ranged Spirit attack that hits all enemies and silences the targeted enemy. This ability starts powered.
    • Rocky gets the passive ability "Fungus Amongus", which gives Plants a chance to apply poison when doing a basic attack. Chance increases with each stack of Growth.

@Joel @Eej

Sonic screech appears to only hit 1 enemy (the targeted enemy to silence) and not all enemies as stated in the OP. The tooltip on Rocky's 2nd ability also does not say anything about hitting other enemies. Intended or bug?
  • Eej wrote: »
    It is intended that Rocky does not haste himself.

On a larger note - the balance team just met to convene on Rocky. The intent was to provide Nature heroes with an extra attack and some avoidance (Dodge) and that Rocky and non-Nature heroes would get avoidance. Thus making a Rocky a new, useful option for both defense and offense strategies.

However, in our haste (no pun intended) to ensure that this was a useful option - we missed two considerations.
    1. First, Dodge is negated by Freeze - we expected that to be a viable strategy - however, the Krexx/Reptile synergy completely invalidates this.
    2. Second, the high Dodge bonus on Haste was meant for single target application - the only other normal group application (Zurk and Goblins) is largely non-impactful because the Haste is triggered by a Normal speed attack - NOT a Fast speed buff that allows a Defense team to utilize the benefit until they attack.

Rather than letting this sit over the weekend or until we improved other counters (like Perfect Swing heroes) - we want to address this immediately.

The plan is to significantly reduce the Dodge bonuses on both the Haste and Evasion components of the ability - note: these reductions will be specific to Rocky's ability (not global Haste/Evasion effects).

Also, since people would have "runed" Rocky (and likely Krexx and Viperia) differently given the original bonuses given by Rocky - we're also going to be turning on a free Rune-equip in conjunction with this change.

I'll update once we're closer to the release change.

I appreciate that we will be receiving an update as we're closer to releasing this immediate change ... but isn't there like 15 minutes left before Dungeon Boss closes down all communication for the weekend?