Pontifex Distaste

God if we all don't absolutely hate that bug-riddled, reviving son of a gun Pontifex.
Seriously, the most useless yet overpowered hero. His damage? Decent. His shields? Mm, pretty good. Revives dead teammates to attack? Ouch. His revive after two turns that always screws up atatck orders and prevents the likes of a beefed up Kozar killing him?
Oh my god get rid of this or change it to three rounds for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD.
Seriously. Why should he go before my Kozar? Or revive instantly upon lifesteal? Or god forbid, get hasted and revive instantly? This crap needs fixed, nobody likes it, I guarantee. Just one of the heroes DB needs to consider when PvP is finally fixed for good.
«1

Comments

  • "When pvp is finally broken beyond repair"
    FTFY :)
  • Again, developers..
    FIX YOUR MISTAKES.
    Please!
    Pontifex
    Revives in two turns (And gains a heck-ton of defense the first round)
    Literally breaks hero order in tower and PvP
    Hits like a truck
    Can be boosted by other heroes to be nigh unkillable (Shade. Astrid. Etc.)
    Makes low level PvP worthless if a Kai Furnace Ponti team is active
    And overall, is STILL buggy a year+ after his release.

    Honestly, Im not looking for an overall nerf. His "Turn order breaking" needs fixed, and he needs his 2 rounds taken to 3 or 4 in PvP.
    PvE, he is just fine. He does his job, but isn't overpowered.

    Seriously. As a level 65 who is reaching their 318th day online, Im still sick of this hero and how often they break obvious PvP wins with a single dodge, or by ruining turn order.
  • I think he should revive every three turns with only half health.
    Hmmmm. I wonder what happens if I write in this box.
  • I can't remember that last time I saw a team with ponti. Much bigger fish to fry and he's not that strong anyway.
  • coeurnoir wrote: »
    I can't remember that last time I saw a team with ponti. Much bigger fish to fry and he's not that strong anyway.

    He is a issue in pvp and pve
  • Brewmaster wrote: »
    coeurnoir wrote: »
    I can't remember that last time I saw a team with ponti. Much bigger fish to fry and he's not that strong anyway.

    He is a issue in pvp and pve

    No he really isn't
  • He used to be. I only suggested my suggestion because it seems to make more sense to me.
    Hmmmm. I wonder what happens if I write in this box.
  • My 2-cents: Right now his skeleton revives into full Ponti after two actions. This is too short because against slows, you get maybe one turn to kill him, which is nearly impossible. Change him to revive at the end of the 2nd turn after he died, right before the beginning of the next round, and problems fixed. 3-4 turns is too long, but changing it to be purely an end-of-turn revive regardless of the number of actions he takes would fix things considerably.
  • ricktor16 wrote: »
    My 2-cents: Right now his skeleton revives into full Ponti after two actions. This is too short because against slows, you get maybe one turn to kill him, which is nearly impossible. Change him to revive at the end of the 2nd turn after he died, right before the beginning of the next round, and problems fixed. 3-4 turns is too long, but changing it to be purely an end-of-turn revive regardless of the number of actions he takes would fix things considerably.

    and 3 turns would insure you kill him. The skeleton is weak! If you can't kill him in 2 rounds that's your problem. Everyone wants an "I win" button. Hardly anyone uses him ever anyway so your cries over Ponti are pointless. How about starting with actualy hard to best heroes like snake teams and Koros.
  • Pontifex revival almost ALWAYS beats even a max-greater-runed super DPS Kozar. And, if Kai and furnace are present, it makes MK almost useless. Pontifex is a problem for those who aren't at the endgame
  • well, get to the end game before you complain
  • That's a very poor way of thinking, bud.
    If Pontifex is a problem for people who aren't at the endgame, then people may quit before they even GET to the endgame.
    Sure, Pontifex isn't used in the level 70 PvP raids or top 100, but he IS a huge frustration for most below that.
  • So you want to mess things up for everyone that worked to get there because you have a problem with ponti at a point you won't be staying in? I had problems with ponti when I was lower level too guess what? I used my own ponti and lived with it.
  • You sir are quite arrogant of how games roll.
    Frustration repeatedly pushes players away.
    Now, I am leaving this debate at this very post, as I have no wish to continue speaking to someone so rude and uncaring for the community as a whole.
    Goodbye.
  • You sir are quite arrogant of how games roll.
    Frustration repeatedly pushes players away.
    Now, I am leaving this debate at this very post, as I have no wish to continue speaking to someone so rude and uncaring for the community as a whole.
    Goodbye.

    Ok and everyone is frustrated but many many more people are frustrated over heroes other than ponti. Again, why should they change a hero because people at a level they will inevitibley leave are frustrated? not mention, you have just as many heros available to you as everyone else. Ponti is a non-issue.
  • coeurnoir wrote: »
    Ponti is a non-issue for me.

    FYFY.

    Each player thinks the DEVs time should be spent on things that irk them. Pontifex remains a legitimate concern for many players in a certain bracket. It also has ongoing bugs. That you don't experience the same difficulties, doesn't mean they don't deserve attention.

    If the mid-level experience doesn't matter, then why have it? Why not start everyone at level 60 and be done with it?

  • Scenarios that annoy people about Ponti.

    Lets say Ponti is in skeleton form, and the last champ that needs to be killed. He buffed defense and you haven't been able to kill him yet.

    1.) He hits you with a revenge attack because you have to attack him.
    2.) Followed by a life drain attack
    3.) He comes back to life
    4.) He then casts an AOE
    5.) Anyone alive will then be attacked by everyone that is dead.
    6.) Chance for epics to proc on the dead allies
    7.) If your normal slot hero died during all this, Ponti will take another turn
    8.) Ponti will use a special, and then all the rest of the team will attack who ever you have left if you are even still in the game at this point.

    If you can't understand why this is annoying to people, could simply be pretending that it wasn't annoying for you, so you can feel superior, or you potentially lack empathy for your fellow player base.

    It similar to the issue with Shade. Sometimes the way the cookie crumbles, you can have Shade Spirit link, then posses, then use the possessed players skill.

    Sure, it's the way the game goes, however, it's not a fun way to experience the game.

    Placeholders would help with something like this.

    For example, killing Ponti, should give you the next turn for your normal hero. Instead, killing ponti in the first slot on the enemy defense gives the next turn to the number 2 slot on the enemy team. It's not a bug, its by design, since Ponti becomes slow, however, it's not a good design.





    j81ezc.gif
  • Esmenoth wrote: »
    coeurnoir wrote: »
    Ponti is a non-issue for me.

    FYFY.

    Each player thinks the DEVs time should be spent on things that irk them. Pontifex remains a legitimate concern for many players in a certain bracket. It also has ongoing bugs. That you don't experience the same difficulties, doesn't mean they don't deserve attention.

    If the mid-level experience doesn't matter, then why have it? Why not start everyone at level 60 and be done with it?

    It doesn't matter because you will not be staying there for any significant amount of time. Using Ponti is very rare and when the occasion arises to use him you actually need what he has. Put on your big boy pants and level up.

  • Scenarios that annoy people about Ponti.

    Lets say Ponti is in skeleton form, and the last champ that needs to be killed. He buffed defense and you haven't been able to kill him yet.

    1.) He hits you with a revenge attack because you have to attack him.
    2.) Followed by a life drain attack
    3.) He comes back to life
    4.) He then casts an AOE
    5.) Anyone alive will then be attacked by everyone that is dead.
    6.) Chance for epics to proc on the dead allies
    7.) If your normal slot hero died during all this, Ponti will take another turn
    8.) Ponti will use a special, and then all the rest of the team will attack who ever you have left if you are even still in the game at this point.

    If you can't understand why this is annoying to people, could simply be pretending that it wasn't annoying for you, so you can feel superior, or you potentially lack empathy for your fellow player base.

    It similar to the issue with Shade. Sometimes the way the cookie crumbles, you can have Shade Spirit link, then posses, then use the possessed players skill.

    Sure, it's the way the game goes, however, it's not a fun way to experience the game.

    Placeholders would help with something like this.

    For example, killing Ponti, should give you the next turn for your normal hero. Instead, killing ponti in the first slot on the enemy defense gives the next turn to the number 2 slot on the enemy team. It's not a bug, its by design, since Ponti becomes slow, however, it's not a good design.





    never said he can't be annoying. A lot of heroes can be annoying. That doesn't mean he is game
    breaking like some heroes are. You're talking about low level people who want to affect everyone to make it easier for them at a level they are destined to not be at in the future.
  • edited March 28
    coeurnoir wrote: »
    Scenarios that annoy people about Ponti.

    Lets say Ponti is in skeleton form, and the last champ that needs to be killed. He buffed defense and you haven't been able to kill him yet.

    1.) He hits you with a revenge attack because you have to attack him.
    2.) Followed by a life drain attack
    3.) He comes back to life
    4.) He then casts an AOE
    5.) Anyone alive will then be attacked by everyone that is dead.
    6.) Chance for epics to proc on the dead allies
    7.) If your normal slot hero died during all this, Ponti will take another turn
    8.) Ponti will use a special, and then all the rest of the team will attack who ever you have left if you are even still in the game at this point.

    If you can't understand why this is annoying to people, could simply be pretending that it wasn't annoying for you, so you can feel superior, or you potentially lack empathy for your fellow player base.

    It similar to the issue with Shade. Sometimes the way the cookie crumbles, you can have Shade Spirit link, then posses, then use the possessed players skill.

    Sure, it's the way the game goes, however, it's not a fun way to experience the game.

    Placeholders would help with something like this.

    For example, killing Ponti, should give you the next turn for your normal hero. Instead, killing ponti in the first slot on the enemy defense gives the next turn to the number 2 slot on the enemy team. It's not a bug, its by design, since Ponti becomes slow, however, it's not a good design.





    never said he can't be annoying. A lot of heroes can be annoying. That doesn't mean he is game
    breaking like some heroes are. You're talking about low level people who want to affect everyone to make it easier for them at a level they are destined to not be at in the future.

    If the low level complaint doesn't impact us, why would we stand in the way of lower level players having a more pleasant gaming experience? Ponti obviously isn't an issue for us. But for them it is. How would a nerf of Ponti impact lvl 70 players at all? And by nerf all that I see is really needed if for there to be placeholders implemented.
    j81ezc.gif
  • Try reading, in the times we need to use him then he needs to be functional. He isn't useless he just isn't anywhere near as difficult as others are right now. Which, I might add are available to lower players as well.
  • True, there "Are bigger fish to fry". I simply ask the developers to look into this. Pontifex has bugs, and some unfair talents/traits that make him a bear to deal with at times. I don't expect Ponti to be suddenly useless, I expect him to be fair. A level 70 doesn't care, as you have mentioned. That's because only metas matter at that time. However, I once abused a 6* Pontifex at level 38, and I felt so horrible for doing it that I quit.
    Now, kindly step away from this thread, coeur.
    It IS an unfair hero to compete against, has bugs or other strange traits that screw with folks, and can be frustrating. Games are literally made to make money, and/or be an enjoyment to players. The more fun it is, theore cash rolls in.
    Deal with it, bud.
  • Uhm no. You deal with it. like you will anyway, because whether you like it or not, games aren't tailored for those who don't level up. They have also never mentioned slating ponti for any nerfing and the reason is.... duh duh duh dunnnn. He isn't a problem.
  • I can't remember the last time I lost to ponti usually with the typical furnace team, in fact I love seeing ponti because it's so hilarious knowing whoever I'm facing put tons of good runes on him so I just bring in Ella and laugh as he kills his own team
  • Ponti would be better if he NEVER revived from skeleton, and if his ability only brought back 1 dead person to attack you.
    Officer - Level 67 - "The Bastion"
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • Sure, he isn't a problem if you are
    Pay to Win
    Level 65+ (Or even 60)

    But it still stands, it's a roadblock or a very big annoyance to players under that level. You can be an arrogant child and say "Then level up!" but that means very little. Besides, do you just expect a level 20-40 to have a way to instantaneously get to level 60?
    Open your eyes to players who AREN'T sporting high end heroes.
    That's what community is, my dim-witted acquaintance. If you don't care for the general good of the players as a whole, why are you even posting on the forums?
  • Sure, he isn't a problem if you are
    Pay to Win
    Level 65+ (Or even 60)

    But it still stands, it's a roadblock or a very big annoyance to players under that level. You can be an arrogant child and say "Then level up!" but that means very little. Besides, do you just expect a level 20-40 to have a way to instantaneously get to level 60?
    Open your eyes to players who AREN'T sporting high end heroes.
    That's what community is, my dim-witted acquaintance. If you don't care for the general good of the players as a whole, why are you even posting on the forums?

    ad hominems are a great way to get your point across. Still stands that your argument is not valid.
  • edited March 31
    @Xelithorian,I am level 46 at the moment, and I do not think Ponti is difficult, and to be honest even in the earlier days I did not find him difficult. The secret is to learn how to counter heroes. Honestly I think you would have been better off asking how to counter Ponti, but that is just my opinion.

    Oh BTW forgot to mention I am F2P VIP level 0, if you think I am talking about P2W in telling you that you just need to learn counters.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com