How do you beat reptile teams without Koros?

Matsuda241Matsuda241 Member
edited March 18 in My Dungeon Discussion
How? Even reptile teams with terrible runes are near impossible to beat without Koros. I haven't been able to get Koros from heroic summon. Does this mean I'm ^#*%ed against all reptile teams until I decide to dish out $$ or pray to RNGesus for a Koros pull from the heroic portal?

They nerf my Kozar and Zen just to replace him with a wipe-out hero that's even stronger than Kozar was before.

I'd almost consider this a robbery.

Comments

  • Matsuda241 wrote: »
    How? Even reptile teams with terrible runes are near impossible to beat without Koros. I haven't been able to get Koros from heroic summon. Does this mean I'm ^#*%ed against all reptile teams until I decide to dish out $$ or pray to RNGesus for a Koros pull from the heroic portal?

    They nerf my Kozar and Zen just to replace him with a wipe-out hero that's even stronger than Kozar was before.

    I'd almost consider this a robbery.
    Until today I would've said the snakes are actually better at killing the snakes then koros is. Koros just kills one and makes the others invincible. But now only koros is allowed to hit anything. So yea without koros you are probably in trouble. Kobal + shade means you can spirit link vip, steal her haste then smash her with haunted past. Try and work with that? It's either that or try and get a perfect strike squad.
    centralcommand
  • You need to silence the right reptile (I bet you can guess which one) and bring along some buff removing power like Tsume or Malice to take off the invincibility. It's a pain but it can be done.
  • StyxusStyxus Member
    I usually try to outlast their invincibility, it cant always work (only on the weaker builds). But I believe a high def tsume of auggie can debuff their shield pretty well...
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    I do not understand where all the Viperia damage come from? checked the wiki...can't really see that in the ability description.

    I have a caster/healer team (astrid + everyone else with 2200 defense minimum without astrid buff) and I got one shotted by Viperia Snakes on the Planes? usually this team survives 4 strong aoe no problem..butr Viperia 1 shot? how?
  • Matsuda241 wrote: »
    Sabbro wrote: »
    I do not understand where all the Viperia damage come from? checked the wiki...can't really see that in the ability description.

    I have a caster/healer team (astrid + everyone else with 2200 defense minimum without astrid buff) and I got one shotted by Viperia Snakes on the Planes? usually this team survives 4 strong aoe no problem..butr Viperia 1 shot? how?

    Yup. For whatever reason, my highly defensively runed Zen often gets one-shotted by poorly runed Viperias. How the #%* is Viperia's first ability so unbelievably strong? Bug after bug after bug. It's a miracle how this game still manages to maintain a player base.

    Its not a bug. Each time vip hits someone she adds venom. Each stack of venom multiplies her damage. Snakes is a multi hit attack so every hit after the first has a damage multiplier. And as we all know, damage multipliers are the key to ripping through heroes stacked up with planning runes.

    This is why viperia is so effective at shredding zen's and leo's even with lots of DR. And why she is so bad at killing emilys (impervious blocks venom). Or at least she was, lilly fixed that problem.
    centralcommand
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    hmmm I'd have to note down details when something strange like that happens again. Pretty sure in my loss Viperia was the first defender so I did not have poison stacks. The thing that puzzled me is that Yasmin (2300 defence and 8700 hp) and Emily ( 2300 Def, 5500 hp, 20% DR and around 35 % PVP DR) were both 1-shotted. The numbers I give are before Astrid 50% defence buff and pvp 40% hp buff are calculated.

    So with those number getting one shotted by a Viperia didn't make any sense at all. Normally those 2 chars I mentioned are quite unkillable.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I suggest you join LC. They have a better RNG.
  • danacdanac Member
    Matsuda241 wrote: »
    Also, I'm very certain the neurotoxin passive doesn't apply mid-ability just because the move is a multi-damage ability. I'm fairly certain that Viperia's first ability is counted as one move, with a chance to apply toxin afterwards, not midway through the ability for the rest of the move to become significantly stronger.

    I know this because the description of her ability describes it as a singular attack.

    Also, her first ability has a "chance" to apply venom. It's not definitive. And if it was a mere chance to apply venom, then Vip shouldn't be wiping out teams completely with her first ability so consistently if venom RNG applied the way you had implied. She is definitely bugged. And I would consider making her unusually powerful and near impossible to kill without Koros to be bugged.


    In this you are wrong. iirc the description says multiple hits, but I might be misremembering.However, she does hit multiple times. So, she can kill Krexx, trigger invincibility, then strip invincibility and kill opposing snake with her special.

    The chance to apply venom is very hi.

    But the damage multiplier isn't, iirc. For the red snake it's something like x1.35 or so.

    However, the reason Viperia is so deadly, especially on a snake team, is that her crits do high damage, and the red snake increases crit % and/or damage.
    I have my green snake runed for increase crit for this reason.
  • danacdanac Member
    Matsuda241 wrote: »

    Takes 2 seconds to open up the game and check. Viperia's first ability clearly describes it as a melee physical attack -- without the s. It seems strange for toxic to be applied on the first damage counter of a multi-hit attack, when the description describes it as a singular attack. Perhaps this may be a debate over semantics, but it is unbelievably broken for a multi-hit attack to be multiplicatively stronger within the move due to its passive.

    I personally never bothered with the reptiles because I'm relatively f2p (haven't spent a cent since level 42), and I only invested resources into what, at the time, was the PvP meta -- Kozar/Zen.

    Doesn't take 2 seconds for me, a different device and huge load times. But you're saying they got the description wrong, ok. That's on them.
    As for it being broken, kinda, but no more broken than Shade MK or Koros.

    btw, I'm f2p too, but have my snakes 5* and decently runed. But I've been around since before they were.
  • I have had success with Sb, shade, torchy, and indigo. Sb removes taunt off Krexx. Shade hits whoever is the 4th (Emily, Leo, etc). 4th usually dies. Torchy silences Viperia, and Indigo silences Cobressa. Next round kill Viperia first, then you should be able to soul link Cobressa's invincibility Kill Cobressa then krexx
    malphius
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com