You're joking, right?

So, you give players every indication that the new hero will be gone after one day (as evidenced in your hourly countdown) and THEN it's a big 'oh, just joking. You can still get the new hero, and NOW you can also get bonus jackpots with your 10x summons!' That's terrible. Everyone who just spent gems on a new hero that was apparently gone after 24 hours now just got ripped off out of jackpots, while STILL being able to get the new hero....

Not cool. Though not really surprising....
Tagged:

Comments

• DM666DM666 Member
    I was actually surprised that there wasn't some sort of comment about this already. I'm not happy though and I'm sure there are others that are in the same boat. I'm not really sure there's much we can do about it though....
  • seth33seth33 Member
    This deserves a bigger outcry than it's gotten. Can only imagine it was overshadowed by the rocky business. This was a blatant ripoff of people's money really not cool. And that's from someone who wasn't affected by it.
    DM666 wrote: »
    I was actually surprised that there wasn't some sort of comment about this already. I'm not happy though and I'm sure there are others that are in the same boat. I'm not really sure there's much we can do about it though....

These forums are dead. It's very very telling.
  • DragonDragon Member
    Eej wrote: »
    We've been testing this in LIVE - and it is returning 10x for Lily as intended.

Speechless
  • They really LOVE to make JOKE..
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • DM666DM666 Member
    And still no one's addressed this yet? Do we really have to tag people in posts so they'll read them? I don't even know who to tag anymore. Also I'm sure the jackpot event will be over before anything is fixed or compensated....
  • DM666 wrote: »
    And still no one's addressed this yet? Do we really have to tag people in posts so they'll read them? I don't even know who to tag anymore. Also I'm sure the jackpot event will be over before anything is fixed or compensated....

It's so convenient for them , it's the weekend so nooo communication, come Monday and end of event day " hey folks we apologize, this was a mixup on our end " , " going forward we'll be more careful when turning on summoning event and communicating how long they're in for !
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    I don't understand why they don't have anyone there to at least acknowledge these issues over weekends.
  • DM666DM666 Member
    Right?! I mean, they've got to have at least two employees. Have one work from Sunday to Thursday, and one from Tuesday to Saturday....
  • They already have customer service working seven days a week, and they've enlisted forum leaders to answer many of the more common questions posted here with some authority.

I don't know what you expect. Regardless of whether someone answers you over the weekend doesn't mean you're going to see a change made and pushed outside a normal release schedule. Takes more than one person to code and QC and prep a release.
  • DM666DM666 Member
    I understand that FatCat, but an acknowledgment of posts and/or problems, regardless of whether or not they can be fixed immediately, would probably go a long way towards players feeling heard and valued. It seems like (how things are going) customer satisfaction doesn't matter in the least....
  • KaceyKacey Member
    heh
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Contact Support, They might be able to help you with your inconvenience B)

• DM666 wrote: »
    So, you give players every indication that the new hero will be gone after one day (as evidenced in your hourly countdown) and THEN it's a big 'oh, just joking. You can still get the new hero, and NOW you can also get bonus jackpots with your 10x summons!' That's terrible. Everyone who just spent gems on a new hero that was apparently gone after 24 hours now just got ripped off out of jackpots, while STILL being able to get the new hero....

Not cool. Though not really surprising....

Definitely shady, dishonest, and poor planning on DB's part. I doubt there's anything they can do about it. I just hope they don't come back with a "oops that's our mistake, we'll do better next time" response.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    They already have customer service working seven days a week, and they've enlisted forum leaders to answer many of the more common questions posted here with some authority.

With the surprisingly poor communication between the blues here and customer support people I think that the customer support part is just outsourced....
  • DM666DM666 Member
    Contact Support, They might be able to help you with your inconvenience B)

Thanks - what's the best way to do that? I'm sure nothing will come of it but they should still be aware of it....

• bvs72bvs72 Member

Finally someone posted something funny in this joke thread.

• I feel like this thread will end up being like the purple chest scandal lol. All we can do is keep bumping this thread for visibility.

Tagging @Eej and @Joel so they are aware of this "oversight".
  • bump..bump...burghhhhh
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • DM666DM666 Member

bvs72 wrote: »

Finally someone posted something funny in this joke thread.

You're a clownfish right?! Tell us a joke!

All right, I know one joke. Um, there’s a mollusk, see? And he walks up to a sea- well he doesn't walk up, he swims up. Well, actually the mollusk isn’t moving. He’s in one place and then the sea cucumber, well they – I mixed up. There was a mollusk and a sea cucumber. None of them were walking, so forget that I....
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Have any of you not heard back from customer support yet?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Have any of you not heard back from customer support yet?

Should we be contacting customer support about this? The argument being made is that everyone who jumped on Lily the first day were cheated out of a shot at jackpots... That's like, a lot of summons for a lot of people.
  • Joel wrote: »
    My apologies, I got this mixed up with a separate thread regarding an issue of players not getting Lily when she was guaranteed. Our portal offerings are always in flux, but we do not offer compensation if a better deal or portal appears down the road.

Hey genius , there would be no issue if Lily debuted with 10x pull lasts 3 days , and the first day being just her, the 2nd day being jackpots as well. Players could decided to either wait to see if the portal gets better before summoning and in the meantime slog through Lily event dungeon to complete her token quests , OR summon right away with the risk of the portal being better later, but getting to use her to do her token quests at leisure.

Of course alot of players were under the impression wow Lily is only here for 24 hours ? Better get her now and rack up a 4* through quests .

@Joel why was Lily not debuted for 3 or 4 days whatever the remainder of the event was, and instead was on a 1 day timer initialy ?
  • Joel wrote: »
    My apologies, I got this mixed up with a separate thread regarding an issue of players not getting Lily when she was guaranteed. Our portal offerings are always in flux, but we do not offer compensation if a better deal or portal appears down the road.

@Joel This was not "down the road". This is differsnf from simple buyer's remorse. This was a portal that was stated to last for 24 hours that ended up lasting for multiple days, with the timer continually resetting and obscuring what the actual end time was.

People who could have saved up enough gems over the several days were tricked into spending money thinking it was expiring much sooner than it actually did.

No one is saying it was on purpose, but it was misleading and caused real people to lose real money over an inaccurate timer. It was horrible customer consideration. It's a **** way to treat people.

I am saying it was done on purpose. Half jokingly, and half serious. Given their track record YTD, I would not be surprised if that was their intention to begin with. I mean when they are creating these events and looking at what's being offered each day, they would have caught it and changed it if they cared about their player base. But the fact that it wasn't changed is just more evidence that it was intented. It definitely is a **** way to treat their customers.