You're joking, right?

2»

Comments

• edited March 21
    -
  • Let's not forget the time they tacked on guaranteed unlocks for Zen at the very end of the promotion!
  • HardiganHardigan Member
    edited March 21
    Some smart guy once phrased it so fittingly: The currency of good leadership is open dialogue and transparency.

Go figure.
  • DM666DM666 Member
    I agree with everything that's been said here. It would have been one thing to have Lily for the first 24 hours then the jackpot for the remainder. While that would have sucked to miss out on one or the other, it would have been at least fairly advertised AND more fair to players. Who's to say how many tokens or jackpots or additional summons people missed out on....
  • DM666DM666 Member
    Also (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't the Lily timer reset for another 24 hours after every 24 hours was up? After that first 24 hours, it wasn't a 2 or 3 day timer, right?
  • DM666 wrote: »
    Also (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't the Lily timer reset for another 24 hours after every 24 hours was up? After that first 24 hours, it wasn't a 2 or 3 day timer, right?

You got it. She should have just said three days from the beginning. Instead it was three consecutive 24 timers.
  • For someone who got her day 1 ... oh well.

I don't think it's dishonest. It's Quite a marketing scheme.

Day 1... they'll hit the core group of gem spenders.

Day 2... they'll hit the fence sitters and entice those who almost had enough... and those who didn't quite have enough but don't want to miss out again and make a gem purchase to get her before they figure out she kinda sucks (Right now).

It's all about impulse buying.

But come on people... you really want to blame a company for trying to make an extra buck?
  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    Maybe I'm just to old and tired but I don't see what the big deal is here. Some got a better deal then others. That's life, happens everyday for us grown ups. My kid unlocked her with 1 free summons he earned. I'm not gonna jump on here and whine about it. If your that worried about getting so much out of your money you shouldn't be spending it on a phone app game, geez...
  • ratlhed wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just to old and tired but I don't see what the big deal is here. Some got a better deal then others. That's life, happens everyday for us grown ups. My kid unlocked her with 1 free summons he earned. I'm not gonna jump on here and whine about it. If your that worried about getting so much out of your money you shouldn't be spending it on a phone app game, geez...

If you read the comments in this thread, you will realize that the issue has nothing to do with the silly 'life isn't fair' motto.

The issue is deception, proceeded by a lack of real acknowledgement.
  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    nobody forced anybody into buying the 10x on the first day and nowhere did it say, that I seen, this hero will never be offered again at a better deal. You had a choice to get the hero first day or wait for a better offer. Start completing the quests quick or risk not unlocking for who knows how long. Do you complain to the gas station when gas drops the day after you fill your car up? Do you cry to the Feds when they lower interest rates after you just locked in a loan? Let me know how that works. How bout everyone just try and put on some big boy pants today. What's really humorous about this is most people probably got there gems for free from the tower and if they didn't I guess they should've saved them. Smh
  • I see that you do not quite understand deceptive nature...

Well, I certainly have a deal for you. Send me $500 bucks now and by next week you will get $750 bucks back.

No, really... I am quite serious.
  • RexobRexob Member
    @ratlhed people would be less upset if the Devs hadn't spent the last ~3 months consistently screwing the players & game. Using the Feds as a comparison to a game where the Devs know well in advance what they're going to do isn't the same thing lol; especially when interest rates aren't a special promotion...
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R Lv69 Top 50 PS9
  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    I appreciate the offer but I will exercise my right as a consumer to say no to your deal Zenza. Thanks for the opportunity though. And for Rexob, I understand the frustration. Everyone also has the right to quit the game if they don't like it. My advice to anyone who gets frustrated at a phone app game would be to put the phone down, go outside and try to accomplish something outside of the virtual world. You might surprise yourself and motivate others
  • ratlhed wrote: »
    I appreciate the offer but I will exercise my right as a consumer to say no to your deal Zenza. Thanks for the opportunity though. And for Rexob, I understand the frustration. Everyone also has the right to quit the game if they don't like it. My advice to anyone who gets frustrated at a phone app game would be to put the phone down, go outside and try to accomplish something outside of the virtual world. You might surprise yourself and motivate others

I'm sure plenty of folks on this forum do in fact, accomplish many things outside of this game. Just because they are frustrated or upset with this game doesn't mean they aren't doing anything else in life. They aren't mutually exclusive.

People invested time and money into this game, and when the developers aren't making things better for the players, why shouldn't they voice their frustrations. This game is something they care about again b/c of time/money invested.
  • Everyone really should watch this episode. Everything will make so much more sense.

You're going to see 50/50 of devs exploiting people and trying to fix things/help players. This is pretty much true though. Destiny was a game that promised like 10 years worth of add-on content, obviously paid content but then just few years after release they announce Destiny 2 and your previous gear and experience will NOT carry over. They have released $20, $30, and $40 add-ons so far AND a full game bundle for $60 with all of the add-ons included, meaning that if you paid at release of content you're basically getting ripped off since you could have waited and bought everything for $60 instead of $150. This game has done similar things and even Final Fantasy VII is being remade but as a series of episodes which is just another term for add-ons. So people will pay for every new episode and I'm sure after every episode or two the devs will release a bundle for a lower price. It's just marketing techniques. While players are exploiting the game, the devs are exploiting the players while at the same time trying to make it a playable game. So if you think the DB devs are leaving certain things around for a reason, it could be true, or maybe they haven't found a way to fix it. It's very easy to accidentally created unfixable exploits. It's also risky for players to release the instructions because it will be abused shortly before it's fixed, creating even more chaos. So any apm users could be freaking out right now at the thought of losing their greatest secret.
2»