Yet Another: Invincible Toon Taking Damage Post

Hello @Joel and @eej, it's me again...

Well I was messing around with icebloom and Lily in pvp since it is mostly just a boring Koros grind. Here we have an invincible icebloom taking burn damage:

drby3uensj31.png

Could we please see some progress on these long standing bugs? If a punch list is needed I am sure we could group source it, even with the deminsihing amount of people playing or on the forums.
Tagged:

Comments

• v15wrwzcl746.png

@Joel @Eej Any chance this is being worked on? If Icebloom is on fire, then gains invincibility from her epic attack, she will still take burning damage at the end of the round.
  • q6rdylwabn4t.jpg

Invincible vipera catches fire from a burning skin. Then while still invincible she dies from burning damage.

@Eej @Joel

If either of you have some time would you give an update on this obvious bug?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 28
    @Zombie8u

I'm quite sure those effects happen at the beginning of each round, not at the end. In all these cases invulnerability has fallen off before the damage effect ticks. This probably isn't a bug so much as you disagreeing with how the mechanic should work.

Edit: I'm now interested in order of start of the turns heals (Ie: Yasmin) and burn affects. I've never really paid attention, but if a burn damage was going to kill you but yasmins heal would get you above the threshold ordering would certainly be important. Possibly they both occur and resolve in the same "phase" and order doesn't matter though.

• @MattCauthron Good insight, but this was round one, and krexx had just died. So viper would have had invincibility through the next round too.

And the above icebloom she should of had invincibility through the start of the next round as she just gained it via her epic.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    @MattCauthron Good insight, but this was round one, and krexx had just died. So viper would have had invincibility through the next round too.

And the above icebloom she should of had invincibility through the start of the next round as she just gained it via her epic.

Bug confirmed.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The Icebloom issue is related to Furnace's 'Fired Up', which we are working on. The one with being burnt is not a bug, as passive damage is not mitigated by invincibility.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I guess he's got us here Zombie.

To quote the description of invincibility "Invincibility means that an attack does not inflict any damage." Seems a little silly though.
  • Joel wrote: »
    The Icebloom issue is related to Furnace's 'Fired Up', which we are working on. The one with being burnt is not a bug, as passive damage is not mitigated by invincibility.

What is that stance on a condition such as burn, shock, etc being INFLICTED through invincibility. I can understand the logic behind an existing condition dealing damage, but what on new ones being inflicted?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Sockless wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

What is that stance on a condition such as burn, shock, etc being INFLICTED through invincibility. I can understand the logic behind an existing condition dealing damage, but what on new ones being inflicted?

Intended.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
    Sockless wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Intended.

Thanks for the info Joel!
  • Totally agree. This isn't an aegis shield, protecting from external blows. It's *INVINCIBLE*.

An attack which cannot be mitigated, i.e. pierces shields and ignores "Invincible" is fine. Attacks which remove this buff and then do damage are fine. But that hero should not take ANY damage from any attack or debuff (think poison, burning, etc.) until the next round as long as Invincible is present.

I'd even go as far as to say they should be able to use a special attack in the presence of Frostbite without incurring damage, because they're *INVINCIBLE*.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • i just saw the face of the Furnace at the top of the page made me smile
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
    The Icebloom issue is related to Furnace's 'Fired Up', which we are working on.

This also occurs when Furnace is not on either team. Below are a bunch of the previously reported Icebloom invincibility bugs.

PM's Chaos Storm going through Invulnerability thread: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/53366/epic-icebloom-in-pvp#latest

MK's Dim Mak going through Invulnerability thread: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/53388/dim-mak-bug#latest

Shade Haunt through Invulnerability: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/171313#Comment_171313

Kozar's blowing through Invulnerability (Zen thread) : http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/174348#Comment_174348