Maxing a selected hero: heroic or VIP portal?

edited March 18 in General Discussion
Hi guys, a question for you.

I am looking for info about the tokens you get in portals.

How many you get on silver chest and how many on gold chest? Also, do you know how many you get in VIP portal?

I 'd like to know how to max specific heroes. For example Emily. I assume she will never be featured in the heroic portal but she is always there. So, how long will it take to max it?

I have access to VIP portal, so I am checking if I see it in the portal what should be done? The only info about VIP portal I found is that it has very little value compared to the 10x normal pulls.

What ya reckon?

Post edited by Sabbro on

Comments

• You've answered your own question - Emily for example - I don't remember her ever being featured in the heroic portal, so it all depends on your luck.
    Some events will allow you to get tokens for random heroes as well. I don't know how often you play, or how much you spend on the game, or what future events will hold, so I don't know how long it will take you.

Generally, I'd stay away from the VIP portal unless you're trying to unlock Shade.
  • fair enough, thanks ! :)
  • Look to max different heroes different ways. For instance, with Emily, she will be featured in Heroic only during a light hero event, which hasn’t happened in a while. But there’s also one or two challenge dungeons that give her token and she appears in the tower shop with some regularity. In fact, it’s generally a good idea to buy Emily and Igorok tokens there is you have the cups to spare.

Note also eej said tokens should be more available soon. So the above might be obsolete soon.
  • yeah I bought her tokens up to the 4th star, was checking for alternatives. Tower points price is actually cheap I think, so I am happy to buy them
  • Don't waste gems buying tokens after a hero is unlocked. They are better used crafting better runes.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Don't waste gems buying tokens after a hero is unlocked. They are better used crafting better runes.

When I star up a hero, I get a sense of accomplishment, of working towards a finite goal.

When I use gems to craft a 3* Superior attack rune that has health and resist as secondary traits, I get the feeling that I just wasted my time and resources.

So I'm not sure 'better used' applies.