"The Wire" disbanding (4th/5th ranked guild in the world.)

Short post to the point; The Wire, lead by fantastic people, have placed 4th/5th in the last few Guild Games, good people, good rewards, great chat and strategy.

Yesterday the guild was dissolved due to players leaving as well as lack of interest in keeping the guild going due to the direction of this game.

Although some players have relocated to other guilds, many have quit the game outright - expressing the feeling of frustration at the change in PvP direction and overall "grind VS fun" issue. Some of these members' accounts are worth thousands of dollars.

This post is a eulogy to an amazing group of people and a game that at one time captured the minds, hearts and wallets of 50 dedicated players.

Time to move on.
Tagged:

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    Really sorry to hear this. I didn't know (m)any of you guys, but I am sad that one of the top guilds in the game is retiring. I enjoyed reading your guild spotlight, and hope you guys find greener pastures in other games.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOO! This cannot be happening!

Well that is a shame.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Sorry to see The Wire dissolve as they were one of the original. On the bright side, the members that are staying in the game were good players and should easily find new homes and hopefully re-energize with a new guild. We took in a bunch and they are already making a positive impact for our guild.
    Teal125
  • Sorry to hear it, guys! Every exit from the game takes away a bit of the luster.
  • That sucks nice work DB
    Zodiac4EVA

• Awesome group of guys... Was the perfect guild. Will be missed :|
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • LietoLieto Member
    Never good to see well run, established guilds fold...hope all the members get sorted with new homes if they are still intending to play.
  • OmarOmar Member
  • Wonder how many more will follow!
  • danacdanac Member
    It was all that was keeping the dealers off the streets!
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Omar Spoiler Alert :s :'( :(
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• fphfph Member
    You see what happens Larry when you........
    Always keep striving towards tomorrow because you want to live another day and tomorrow never dies!...DM

• Find a stranger in the Alps?
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • StarskreamStarskream Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Very sad to see so many great players and such a top guild go. You're welcome back any time :)
  • RexobRexob Member
    Assuming the Devs manage to fix their game in some capacity, my biggest concern is who's going to be left when that finally happens...
    IGN: N00BST4R
  • Rest in peace young homies, there's a heaven for a G.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Rest in peace young homies, there's a heaven for a G.

Be a lie if I told you that I never thought of death.
  • Brazy wrote: »

My homies, we the last ones left.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Brazy wrote: »

But life goes on
  • Brazy wrote: »

But life goes on

And thus, the hook ends. Well played Brazy.
  • danacdanac Member

But life goes on

ohyeah,
    long after the thrill of livin is gone.
  • Thats disappointing, I'd better start etching a gravestone, what with being a guild gravekeeper to Synchronicity & all, If anyone needs a guild to call home, you are always welcome to Join SyNecrocity, you only need 100 crowns a week, because with PVP the way it is, the crown count is gonna stick like that for a long time.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • With PVP what it is? Seriously? You simply have to try to do 3 raids. What's the problem with your PVP? Does your ticket counter not increment past 1 or something, because mine goes to 8 and it's not hard to accrue enough tickets to ATTEMPT 3 raids.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    With PVP what it is? Seriously? You simply have to try to do 3 raids. What's the problem with your PVP? Does your ticket counter not increment past 1 or something, because mine goes to 8 and it's not hard to accrue enough tickets to ATTEMPT 3 raids.

Love it