Nerf Koros or I quit

I am extremely disappointed that Koros 7 levels below me and only 3 stars can decimate my entire team. That is rediculous and short sighted in an already broken and anger inducing PVP system. I have one of the top 6 most powerful squads and should not be defeated by low 60s anything NOR 3 star toons... THAT IS JUST BAD PROGRAMMING!

I am already starting to not want to play anymore, when I used to play several hours a day.

NERF KOROS, NERF KOROS, NERF KOROS.... or take that crappy toon out of circulation!

Comments

• Might be quicker to kill Koros before he has a chance to move than to wait for them to nerf him. Cause last time I checked, they have their hands full at the moment.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • All they need to do is boost stats for 4, 5 and 6 stars. Basically there's nowhere near enough buff for highly starred warriors. A star is worth one rune. So three stars can be eclipsed by three good runes. That's crazy, given how hard it is to get stars. If they boosted stats for stars it would, in effect, downgrade the boost from runes and things would feel more balanced. It's also quite easy to do and, as a universal change, wouldn't cause these frustrations of new heroes being too powerful, as most come in at three stars and can't then destroy 6 star heroes. They said they were looking at it but I think this single change could save the debacle we're currently in.
  • gradders wrote: »
    All they need to do is boost stats for 4, 5 and 6 stars. Basically there's nowhere near enough buff for highly starred warriors. A star is worth one rune. So three stars can be eclipsed by three good runes. That's crazy, given how hard it is to get stars. If they boosted stats for stars it would, in effect, downgrade the boost from runes and things would feel more balanced. It's also quite easy to do and, as a universal change, wouldn't cause these frustrations of new heroes being too powerful, as most come in at three stars and can't then destroy 6 star heroes. They said they were looking at it but I think this single change could save the debacle we're currently in.

Or make the debacle significantly worse giving whales yet another outlet to further their advantages over others to an even more significant degree.

Definitely one of those two options.
  • @MattCauthron True. I've seen a 6 star Lily about an hour after she was released, and I'm not sure there's anything you can do against those who are willing to spend, but on the other hand all those old heroes, many who are now 6 star, would be competitive against a new 3 star. For a while. But the balance adjustment is of stars against runes. Tokens need more value. It took me months to upgrade Ember from 4 to 5 star and it's one good rune of increase. Tokens need more value.
  • Agreed. People should be getting something for their money if they're paying to star up these heroes.

As long as I can work for it and eventually get the same thing, I don't begrudge those who would willingly support my habit and help fund the game.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • So everyone with a 6 star Lily upon release is a whale? How do you know they just don't have a mass supply of gems saved up from doing towers and whatever daily? I'm somewhat of a whale myself and I only got to 5 star Shade when he was released. Not gonna lie I spent quite a bit on him. I've pulled the guaranteed 20 or 25 tokens twice in one 10x summon though. Maybe some got lucky and got more than 40 tokens in one 10x?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 21
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Agreed. People should be getting something for their money if they're paying to star up these heroes.

As long as I can work for it and eventually get the same thing, I don't begrudge those who would willingly support my habit and help fund the game.

Except if they went with the idea Eej proposed where you unlock a % of your runes power at each star level, given the power level of runes this would lead to a power discrepancy between whales and normal players larger than it has ever been before. It's certainly something to take into consideration.
  • Ooh! I like that idea even more! I hadn't heard that twist. Haven't seen writeup from the most recent summit.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • fphfph Member
    @Gitz focus on hero power as you have been. Appreciate what you can control not what you can't
    Always keep striving towards tomorrow because you want to live another day and tomorrow never dies!...DM

• danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    One more thought, maybe you should consider joining a guild that specializes in PVP strategy? They might be able to look at your offensive lineup and explain what you're doing wrong.

I hear Underworld is looking.

I understand they're kinda good at PVP.
  • danacdanac Member
    Gitz wrote: »
    I have one of the top 6 most powerful squads and should not be defeated by low 60s anything NOR 3 star toons... THAT IS JUST BAD PROGRAMMING!

I am already starting to not want to play anymore, when I used to play several hours a day.

NERF KOROS, NERF KOROS, NERF KOROS.... or take that crappy toon out of circulation!

I understand.
    It's that sort of frustration that can cause a person to just up and leave their 10.5k guild on a Saturday without warning or discussion.

All I can say is, if the game frustrates you that much, maybe you should stop playing.

• We've been deceived by new releases enough as it is and they're already considering nerfing the top tier meta. Yet, ironically, I see so many events, epic weapon intros, and heroic portals dedicated to the usual suspects.

I'm going to repeat my sentiment here that the resolution for glaring issues in "overpowered" characters is NOT to nerf them. Instead, the direction of the game should include improving existing characters to balance the roster. Otherwise, no one will ever want to invest time/money/resources in new characters due to potential nerfs.

• Just quit..koros aint gonna get nerf :D
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • @MattCauthron I hadn't read that idea of runes being linked to star level. That works for me. It does the same thing: makes tokens more valuable. So happy for a different mechanism to achieve the same result. Just now i upped Cobressa from 4 star to 5 star and her stats went up by 80 pts. That's less than a very average rune. It has to change
  • I LOL'd
  • oredithoredith Member
    well, the last time i read Foozle's spreadsheet on rune values vs. stars, I thought it was much worse (for stars) than a 1:1 comparison of 1 star = 1 good rune. It was more like 1 superior rune on a 2 star is better than a 6 star with no runes.

which is completely ridiculous, but also completely i line with the current game model where runes are the end game item.
  • @oredith I never saw that but he's probably right. A superior rune at about 280 whereas a star at about 80 so at least worth three stars PER rune. So five runes might add 1400 whereas those last three hard stars add about 250. Absolutely crazy
  • oredithoredith Member
    gradders wrote: »
    @oredith I never saw that but he's probably right. A superior rune at about 280 whereas a star at about 80 so at least worth three stars PER rune. So five runes might add 1400 whereas those last three hard stars add about 250. Absolutely crazy
    if i had more gold and gems (strictly F2P at this point, not putting money into the game anymore), i would craft up some runes to put on my 3* reptiles just to screw with people.. :P
  • @oredith you have to laugh at the mechanics. Right now I can compete for 100 yasmin tokens. She's already 6 star for me so that means I'll get 500 aether. 500 aether gets me 1.5 tokens for Ember. I need 250 tokens to six star ember, so i need about 17,000 excess common warriors before I can upgrade Ember for a return of about 80 boost. OR i just craft a greater rune and boost her by 250.
    Basically tokens are pointless. And once you six star anyone excess tokens can be converted very very slowly to more pointless tokens. Runes are currently everything. Don't spend gems on anything else, unless they fix it.
  • oredithoredith Member
    gradders wrote: »
    Runes are currently everything. Don't spend gems on anything else, unless they fix it.
    which is the problem with mudflation, and what just about every MMO type game struggles with. the developers have to keep shifting resources in order to keep people grinding.

right now, it's runes, but i have no doubt that they'll shift it from runes at one point and make stars more meaningful. maybe even just a "clarification" of the skill stat and healing to get everyone re-rolling runes.

it's a game of moving the goal post, which we all know (at least subconsciously, even if we may not want to admit it) and subscribe to.
  • Kegman913Kegman913 Member
    edited March 23
    the problem with koros and DB design team was that Koros came almost immediately after they nerfed Kozar. They felt Kozar was a one hit wonder and too strong, what did they do next? They released a one hit wonder that removes all protective buffs first. Then they released a juiced up rocky to make things even worse. Their "balance" team is a bunch of children who dont play the game.

In summary, you'll get a koros nerf, but they'll make valkin fast or something
  • Instead of nerfing him, just find a good counter..

nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• @FatCat69 I like your counter there! Anyways seriously I use fast heroes to deal with Koros, and Indigo is very effective.
  • mikitaromikitaro Member
    Matsuda241 wrote: »
    I am not usually one to save up gems, but I've recently started trying to save up gems for the coveted Koros. Time and senseless ****-whoopin' has proved to me that doing PvP without Koros in your roster is inane, and it is impossible for me to enjoy PvP at the higher levels without DB's newest one-hit wonder.

Do you actually read what you write. If you can finish the tower of pwnage then there's no reason you shouldnt have every hero (except Shade). I notice you complain about every hero you don't have & even had the audacity to call the devs "retards" in another post. I'm vip4 & I have every hero except Shade & I always have at least 2700 gems on hand for any new hero & hopefully Shade one day. I guess your just another millenial who has no concept of "saving" for the future. I hope when you start high school you've learned some common sense.
  • Koros is the counter for shade. This is what happens when you introduce one overpowered hero, you need a counter. If they get rid of or nerf koros too much they have to do the same to shade. Look at what they did to zen because people were taking advantage of a broken mechanic with kozar.