A Battle of Ice and Fire (Plus, JERRY'S BACK!!!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
ufksm4f7pzux.png

The weather is getting warm enough for Fire heroes, but is still cold enough for Water heroes!

There are currently quests available that will let you earn up to 100 tokens for Yasmin and Nitpick. Later on in the week, you'll also get a shot at tokens for two other heroes. Don't worry about the Yasmin and Nitpick quests though, none of the quests will expire before the end of the event.

But let's face it, the real star here is everyone's favorite villager, Jerry! If you complete a repeatable quest, you'll get access to a special dungeon where you have to protect Jerry, and if you succeed, you'll get tokens for Furnace or IGOROK, plus a bunch of materials! Be careful though, only Water and Fire heroes into those dungeons.

In addition, any Fire or Water hero with an alternate skin on will get a boost to their Attack and Defense!
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• heelerheeler Member
    My question is: How do you pronounce IGOROK? Ee-go-rock? Eye-go-rock? Igg-o-rock? Any of those with -roke? Jerry asked.
  • RunRun Member
    What are the boosts on the costumed fire and water heroes?
  • Run wrote: »

Oh I missed this. Goood all the Furnaces I will now be fighting will be even stronger. I hope they are reselling some of these skins >.<
  • gristnamgristnam Member
    edited March 21
    For Nitpick
    Knights in 7-2, 7-3, 7-4, 11-2, 11-7, 14-4, 15-2.
    Will update with best #s when I get some time.

For Yasmin
    Undead in 20-3 Spirit Sanctuary. All enemies are undead. Total of 16 per run.
    Kills stack to next level. Level 1 and 2 were 30, level 3 is 40.

Edit - Just realized that the Travel button in the quest tab links the levels. Heh. Oh well. 20-3 is best for Yasmin that I found.
  • gristnam wrote: »
    For Nitpick
    Knights in 7-2, 7-3, 7-4, 11-2, 11-7, 14-4, 15-2

For Yasmin
    Undead in 20-3 Spirit Sanctuary. All enemies are undead.

Or just go after the Lich in normal mode with just Yasmin and MK - 2 Skel per round, rinse and repeat. So far 31 Undead on 7 Stam.
    edited March 21
    Thanks Sockless. Forgot about that strategy even though I just did it with dodges. Hopefully Tenacity doesn't kick in too much.
  • Sockless wrote: »
    gristnam wrote: »
    For Nitpick

For Yasmin

Or just go after the Lich in normal mode with just Yasmin and MK - 2 Skel per round, rinse and repeat. So far 31 Undead on 7 Stam.

Tenacity will eventually mess up that perfect system.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    Sockless wrote: »
    For Nitpick

For Yasmin

Not if you use Yasmin to heal when that happens - just have to watch count as you can't store extras. Just found a bug in the Quest as well - 1st is get 30, 2nd is get 30 but 15 carry over.

• echonapechonap Member
    edited March 21

Wouldn't ember and yasmin be better?

The Empire is recruiting.
  • LarryLarry Member
    edited March 21
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    For Nitpick

For Yasmin

No! Go with Yasmin ONLY! :smiley: Keep killing Lich Minions in last round and DON'T touch Lich (boss)... endless fight and PWN Kills stacks!

Got 40 kills in 1 round (7 stamina). Then pressed AUTORUN by mistake :D

UPDATE: Right now at 60 kills in last round :dizzy: Boss Lich just keeps summoning those little Lich Undead Minions. I love this "bug" :D and all PWN kills stacks :tongue:
  • echonap wrote: »

Wouldn't ember and yasmin be better?

Assuming you have Ember! ;)

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Run wrote: »

Attack and Defense boosts :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • RunRun Member
    Joel wrote: »

Attack and Defense boosts :)

Thanks!
  • Furnace special dungeon loot on run #1
    Furnace token, 8 x 100xp pots, 2 x 400xp pots, 9 x mushrooms, 8 x abyssal crystals, 5 x pyre embers
    10xp to run.

Similar to last time. All fire enemies (fire OE clones, Alexandros clones, and 1 more with a red Phemus clone boss.). Need at least 1 taunter to keep Jerry safe bc his taunt ability runs out before final room.
    edited March 21
    IGOROK special dungeon loot on run #3
    Rewards are listed as runes from Superior to Lesser (I think).
    IGO token, 8 x 100xp pots, 2 x 400xp pots, and a Greater fire focus rune.
    10 stamina to run.

Similar to last time. All water enemies (blue wolves, blue Mangle clones, blue Phemus clones, and a blue Bat boss). Boss killed my Jerry on run #1 & #2. Better bring a taunter to use before last room. I used Yoko and it worked out well.

Not trying to spam with multiple comments, just trying to help people plan with resources.
  • dryaddryad Member
    @Joel : Fulfilled the repeatable Duck! quest once and claimed the rewards. Now the quest is not showing anymore, even though it is repeatable.
  • These special dungeon rewards are worthwhile for the effort exerted. Good job devs.
  • TWilliamsTWilliams Member
    edited March 21
    Looks like the in-game email contained a spoiler....

03quw07zgb7y.jpg

Post edited by TWilliams on
  • CzechTwiceCzechTwice Member
    edited March 22
    What kinds of runes are in the dungeons exactly?
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • DragonDragon Member
    Sad that it's a PvP event to unlock the Jerry dungeons.
    Not much fun to "carry" a hero through PvP.
    Much more fun to "carry" Jerry ;)

I would be happier to hunt a random appearing hero while I do the other event quests ;)
  • Am I the only one who finds the event dungeon a total over tuned joke?
    Every time I go I get wrecked and I can't do any damage to the mobs, let alone defend Jerry. I'm level 62.
  • Am I the only one who finds the event dungeon a total over tuned joke?
    Every time I go I get wrecked and I can't do any damage to the mobs, let alone defend Jerry. I'm level 62.

I found it pretty easy to run with toons that were not runed. At level 62, lesser and improved runes should easily get your through.
    edited March 22
    Gemini - Which one? Red or blue?

Red - I use Grog Gnog, Piggie, and Yasmin. Use Jerry's taunt to start on Piggie, use GG's specials, and Yasmin to heal. Make sure to keep some specials ready for last boss and use a friend if needed. I'm level 64 with decent runes,

Blue - Harder overall. I used Yoko, GG, and Yasmin. Yoko needs to alternate between stun and taunt but always have taunt on before last room. Last room is a fast bat so it goes first. Active taunt was a must for me.

The rewards are really good. Keep trying and good luck.

Edit: Czech - It was every color rune from superior to greater, totally random on type.
    Post edited by gristnam on
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Can Jerry be an actual hero after this?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Thanks for the advice above. I don't have Grog-Gnog and my Piggy isn't leveled. My yoko was useful in the blue level but I can't damage the mobs before they destroy me when the debuffs wear off.
    I did alright with Red but they still manage to do more damage to my tanks than I can heal, I'll probably need more stars on those characters.
  • TWilliamsTWilliams Member
    edited March 22

Looks like the dungeons/prizes are leveled based on your level. At level 29 I'm getting level 29-31 dungeon with all 3* defenders and plants or crystals, and low level evos for prizes. Doesn't seem worth it for 10 stamina.
  • danacdanac Member
    Thanks for the advice above. I don't have Grog-Gnog and my Piggy isn't leveled. My yoko was useful in the blue level but I can't damage the mobs before they destroy me when the debuffs wear off.
    I did alright with Red but they still manage to do more damage to my tanks than I can heal, I'll probably need more stars on those characters.

Red, William therand Yasmin.

blue, I did torchy, but wasn't thinking.
    Should be Indigo, William, Yasmin.

Your William with Yasmin's end of turn healing should be enough. If he isn't, a few mediocre runes should do it.

Maybe I'm wrong, and 62 is too different than 70. but try it.
  • TWilliams wrote: »

Looks like the dungeons/prizes are leveled based on your level. At level 29 I'm getting level 29-31 dungeon with all 3* defenders and plants or crystals, and low level evos for prizes. Doesn't seem worth it for 10 stamina.

Well I have to take it back. The above prizes are for the red dungeon while the runes/evos are for the blue dungeon. And they're generous for 10 stamina if you can make it through. Can only use red/blue hero's so buff up.
  • I would probably enjoy this a lot more if I didn't constantly have to PvP to unlock a PvE event.

PLEASE Stop mixing the two especially when PvP is a limiter of access to PvE. PvP is still a shambles in this game. I know you don't need to win the PvP to get through it but 3 red to unlock one dungeon and 3 blue to unlock the other and then the one run isn't enough to get the associated quest finished... its too much, I will not be playing this event due to the PvP limitations other than in passing if I happen to PvP enough to unlock another run.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN