A Battle of Ice and Fire (Plus, JERRY'S BACK!!!)

Comments

• lythstihl wrote: »
    I would probably enjoy this a lot more if I didn't constantly have to PvP to unlock a PvE event.

PLEASE Stop mixing the two especially when PvP is a limiter of access to PvE. PvP is still a shambles in this game. I know you don't need to win the PvP to get through it but 3 red to unlock one dungeon and 3 blue to unlock the other and then the one run isn't enough to get the associated quest finished... its too much, I will not be playing this event due to the PvP limitations other than in passing if I happen to PvP enough to unlock another run.

EXACTLY!

I imagine the DB people devs (or whoever designs the events) sitting around a table, trying to figure out the best way to piss off everyone by constantly putting MORE PvP requirements into every event and the quests. I actually yelled at my phone when I opened up the events earlier today, "Are you kidding me?!"
  • @Joel what the min lvl to get greater and superior rune in the event dungeon
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • TaronusTaronus Member
    edited March 22
    dryad wrote: »
    @Joel : Fulfilled the repeatable Duck! quest once and claimed the rewards. Now the quest is not showing anymore, even though it is repeatable.

Just completed that quest and it's not repeating for me either.

Edit: Doesn't work for the taunt quest either
  • gristnam wrote: »
    For Nitpick
    Knights in 7-2, 7-3, 7-4, 11-2, 11-7, 14-4, 15-2.
    Will update with best #s when I get some time.

For Yasmin
    Undead in 20-3 Spirit Sanctuary. All enemies are undead. Total of 16 per run.
    Kills stack to next level. Level 1 and 2 were 30, level 3 is 40.

Edit - Just realized that the Travel button in the quest tab links the levels. Heh. Oh well. 20-3 is best for Yasmin that I found.

Also try Hope's End- 8-7, I'm getting 10 undead knights so you can double up both quests quickly

On Challenge mode also gives Indigo tokens

8-6 The Infinite Army has the same guys but there aren't as many, but also worth a run if you want to double up. A team of MK, Jasmin, Ember and Furnace (taunts up for protection) can auto run the dungeons easily enough
  • Yeah the taunt and evasion repeatables are no longer there.

Sigh.
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    I like this event, not too time consuming and the dungeons are quite rewarding I think. I only got 3 stars rare greater and superior runes...nice!
  • edited March 22
    danac wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice above. I don't have Grog-Gnog and my Piggy isn't leveled. My yoko was useful in the blue level but I can't damage the mobs before they destroy me when the debuffs wear off.
    I did alright with Red but they still manage to do more damage to my tanks than I can heal, I'll probably need more stars on those characters.

Red, William therand Yasmin.

blue, I did torchy, but wasn't thinking.
    Should be Indigo, William, Yasmin.

Your William with Yasmin's end of turn healing should be enough. If he isn't, a few mediocre runes should do it.

Maybe I'm wrong, and 62 is too different than 70. but try it.

I actually just took attack at them. Sent furnace, ignus, koros at both dungeons, red and blue. Wiped both of them out without any issue.

Ignus wipes the first room with wall of fire, koros wipes the second. Taunt with furnace room 2 so then you can do a fired up ground pound in room 3, kill one enemy with ignus and another with koros. The third can hit furnace. After that its one hit KO for the remaining guy and the boss, volcanic shards makes quick work of both of them, especially once they're on fire. Worse comes to worse you also have siphoning rampage, then they're definitely dead.

I have all those guys runed for attack since I use them in PVP though. If Ignus cannot take out a room with wall of fire in the blue dungeon then yea you're gonna have a problem.

[Edit] Sorry forgot ignus doesn't have to be super as long as furnace is. Furnace ground pounds in room 1 to half all their life, then wall of fire. Koros Has to be super since his job is to decimate the full life room 2. But people with koros keep him runed for attack anyway.
    centralcommand
  • I submitted a ticket to customer support regarding the missing jerry quests. I wasted raid tickets and stam trying to complete those quests.

@Joel @Eej any updates to this?
  • KangKang Member
    I'm enjoying the current event---access to needed materials and superior runes is a nice boost! Any player that doesn't want to PvP can simply quit their matches and get credit toward the quest. That's 4 runs a day each of the IGOROK and Furnace dungeons, just burning raid tickets.
  • DragonDragon Member
    @Joel
    Are the duck and cover (repeatable) quest supposed to disappear after claiming them for the first time?
    I'd love to get an answer.

Where can I find the new contact address to customer support?
    The only one I found seemed to be wrong, because I could not choose Dungeon Boss AS before :(
  • DragonDragon Member
    No answer?

Makes it even more painful losing in PvP while trying to win with a blue hero in Team in Champion 1.

Only cheaters having fun, i guess.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The Duck and Cover quests should be fixed within the next few hours.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • DragonDragon Member
    Thank you very much @Joel
  • Of course it begs the question:

"How was this not identified as a bug during testing BEFORE the event was released in the first place?"
  • headsoak wrote: »
    Of course it begs the question:

"How was this not identified as a bug during testing BEFORE the event was released in the first place?"

Haha you think they test??

No. I don't. They should though.
    headsoak wrote: »

Funny in the latest summit eej said they so indeed test before they release things, I didn't buy it
    headsoak wrote: »

Funny in the latest summit eej said they so indeed test before they release things, I didn't buy it

Maybe they perform a "does it compile?" test. Does that count? Seemingly no functional testing at al.
  • Am I the only one who finds the event dungeon a total over tuned joke?
    Every time I go I get wrecked and I can't do any damage to the mobs, let alone defend Jerry. I'm level 62.

I also find them a joke, I go in, I three star with my heroes over 90% health

I used igo stone and furnace

I'm level 44

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • dryaddryad Member
    @Joel : thanks for working to fix the missing Jerry repeatable quests. I figured out how to complete each in just 1 run of the appropriate event dungeon. Will there be any compensation for the 3 or 4 event dungeons runs I have done without the repeatable Jerry quests available?
  • Don't hold your breath. I doubt anything is forthcoming.
  • dryaddryad Member
    edited March 22
    Also, after a question and pic from a guild member I have realized that my costumes fire heroes are NOT getting their event boost! Have checked on campaign and event dungeon screens, as well as the tower and pvp.

EDIT: NM! Just double checked and realized that they weren't actually wearing their costumes! Recently got their epics and have been enjoying those graphics instead.
  • EnervateEnervate Member
    edited March 23
    It seems the quests have started showing up again. Thanks for the fix. I am also curious about possible compensation for the runs when the quests were not available.

EDIT: Customer support helped me out. I appreciate that! Thank you.
    Post edited by Enervate on
  • There is very rarely compensation anymore. I wouldn't expect much. Maybe a suggestion to contact customer support to get raid tickets and stamina back, but that is likely all.
  • All I know is, its pretty tough for me to complete the red quest, and I haven't yet succeeded with the blue.

I've tried the suggestions in this and other threads, and either my heroes aren't runed enough, or I lack the understanding of the synergies needed to get the job done.

I'm not all that well skilled at memorizing all the specific abilities and knowing all the synergies I should know, and I can't help but think there are a lot of players out there like me.

I could sure use a "synergy reference sheet" or "best hero abilities to use against X quest or Y enemies."
  • echonapechonap Member
    For red, try Astrid. Use Jerry to put a taunt on Astrid and she can tank the entire stage. Just bring energy potions for Jerry, a damage dealer, and a healer in case Astrid is set on fire. Not sure what your defense needs to be on Astrid, but mine doesn't take any damage except for ticks of fire damage that I ignore.

For blue, bring two taunters and use one before the other expires. You never want to not have one up.
  • For both I've used Furnace, Ember and Koros and three pots of green juice. Koros just kills everyone, especially after Ember boosts. Furnace's taunt lasts long enough, but make sure it's on for last battle on blue run. You don't really need it for first two dungrons as a boosted koros leaves nothing alive. Quick and easy and just a few energy pots. Although pretty sad that a red team is better equipped to take on blue teams...
  • gradders wrote: »
    For both I've used Furnace, Ember and Koros and three pots of green juice. Koros just kills everyone, especially after Ember boosts. Furnace's taunt lasts long enough, but make sure it's on for last battle on blue run. You don't really need it for first two dungrons as a boosted koros leaves nothing alive. Quick and easy and just a few energy pots. Although pretty sad that a red team is better equipped to take on blue teams...

Thanks - that worked!

I had to scrape the bottom of my gem barrel, farm mats and shards to add a couple greater runes to Koros so he could take out an entire room, and to furnace so he could take a few hits, but it worked.

I'm a little low on martian juice but if I'm careful I can get several runs in.

On one of my runs, Jerry withstood 5 direct hits.,
  • LietoLieto Member
    Can I just say that the DB definition of "Awesome runes" and mine are quite different.

I've ran the dungeon a lot today. I've had a handful of superior runes, only one was heroic and it was 4 stars...good, but not awesome.

My most common prize is a 3+ Rare Greater rune...definitely not awesome.

I'd like to see the rune quality for these sorts of events significantly improve so that there is no doubt that "awesome" runes are available and not only for the hyper lucky amongst us...

The Christmas dungeon is an example of this sort of event done well...I don't think anyone complained other than not being able to get their hands on the stamina / time to take full advantage!
  • Wow another event based off pvp. At this point you guys have seemingly given up on the core aspect of this game and is making this game purely pvp.