Producer Letter - March 22nd, 2017

Comments

• fphfph Member
    0vlexea0of5j.jpg

It's like the sopranos. It's over man. Find a new show. Boss fight is not going to create a wall of shame for the guilty. Find something new to complain about.
    Always keep striving towards tomorrow because you want to live another day and tomorrow never dies!...DM

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Maybe BF is using the same team of investigators that was used in the investigation of the Tom Brady's football deflation. That took a long time. Apparently, the guilty parties are refusing to let the investigators have their cell phones.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    uf06x9t6es6n.jpg
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    ioo4latnfnrp.jpg
  • InnovInnov Member
    Huh????..........
    .........anyone cheated?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Innov, BF says no. As an uninteresting third party, they must be reliable.
  • InnovInnov Member
    Who cares about cheater morons, just perma ban them. Let's change the subject to something more familiar.
    Someone who can write with blue letters in this forum don't remember/care who, mentioned something about E/M/H battles being reintroduced.
    So...........have they?
    If answer is NO, then get your story straight and say when.
    If answer is YES, then I'll finally be sure that you are just making fun of players.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited March 25
    Thank you BF for wanting my opinion.

As a NASA scientist, I did a careful analysis. If you ban the 324 serious cheaters, you will lose approximately $55 dollars per month from those cheaters. If you don't ban those cheaters, you will lose approximately 123 honest players that spend an average of $125 a month. The statistics confirm that if you dam those honest players in favor of the cheaters, you will make more money. My bill is in the mail. Please pay it before you go bankrupt.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    PS. I had to mispell dam because I saw four stars representing the class act that you represent. I am awaiting your payment before one of the walking dead destroys me in a video.
  • Are you guys sure these "cheaters" aren't just vets that have done every **** thing in the game and just have better runes than you while you're so salty? All these salty tears...you need a **** canoe for this forum. I mentioned a long time ago the mods should just ban all these people complaining and it came back as negative on me and now I see the mods warning people not to complain or throw out accusations hahahaha. You guys should start a podcast where you just scrape the salt from this forum and complain about the game on a live stream. That would be pretty amusing ^.^
  • Are you guys sure these "cheaters" aren't just vets that have done every **** thing in the game and just have better runes than you while you're so salty? All these salty tears...you need a **** canoe for this forum. I mentioned a long time ago the mods should just ban all these people complaining and it came back as negative on me and now I see the mods warning people not to complain or throw out accusations hahahaha. You guys should start a podcast where you just scrape the salt from this forum and complain about the game on a live stream. That would be pretty amusing ^.^

By your logic, you should be banned for complaining about the people complaining.

Banning people for expressing their opinion would negatively effect DB. Some complaints are justified and used to help shape the game to make it a better experience for the devs and players. Now, there are some silly and worthless complaints, and those should just simply be ignored or addressed as pointless.

Regardless, the devs are warning players for shaming specific guilds and players over cheating without hard proof. It is definitely bad for a community to be blaming specific people or guilds without real evidence, but the topic of cheating should still be allowed for discussion. APM glitches have been known to exist in DB since the beginning of the game, the main issue is that it is now potentially effecting tournaments and runes. The players should have a right to discuss and know if they are still on a level playing field, so long as specifics are not pointed at.
  • In game, no one can hear you cheat... ;)
  • I read all of this and now I have a headache.
  • @Joel @Eej when will we gonna get the update about new pvp system? Next week?
  • Hi Eej, thank you for the producer letter, I really appreciate being able to read your thoughts about the game that I love so much,

-You said "We are working towards a SKL update as well as an update to Status Effects like Burn, Poison, and Shock to be released in the near term."
    My Question: What is an SKL update? Is this regarding the stat "Skill"?

-The extra crown quests were a wonderful addition! I think almost everyone applauded you guys for that one.

-You said "Members of the community will participate in giving feedback on upcoming new Heroes, revamp plans for existing Heroes, and other balance plans.". I hope you guys get a good variety of players and not just the hardcore ones who enjoy super difficult PVE and PVP content. I hope it's a mix of casuals AND hardcore players so that the game is more fun and less frustrating for people. For example, casuals really liked the War of Legends quests because it didn't require a super powerful roster and the team was pre-made and easy to use, a hardcore player hates that. Hardcore players wanted their own heroes and more of a challenge. The event Fire and Ice we have going on today leans more toward the hardcore players, some people's rosters are just too weak to make it through the dungeon.

-Regarding player EXP on quests, I say THANK YOU! I feel like I've been playing this game for ages and I just trapped and was never going to see level 70. I feel bad for the slow leveling population, but for me this is an amazing change and I plan to soak up as much EXP as I can in case it gets removed in the coming weeks. I also really enjoy doing the quests in general, and I hope you add more PVE variety to them. I'd like to see "use an all red team two times" for PVE instead of PVP, it would be fun once in a while!

-Regarding PVP changes, I find it is slowly getting better and better. The best change for me is needing to complete PVP instead of winning. You removed the stress of needing to win and I thank you very much for that. It makes it a lot more fun even if most of the time I get slaughtered in 5 seconds by the same teams a lot of the time.

-A new question, are we getting any new PVE content over the horizon that all levels can participate in? I find normal/challenge mode to be redundant, and PVP and Tower of PWNage feel the same and after months of doing all of them it gets old. Level 70 has boss mode and boss island, but I feel like there should be a lot more permanent PVE content seeing as you make dungeons so often for events.

• can this nonsense end already? its really annoying that theirs cheaters but thats how people choose to play its their fault but in the end they suffer anyhow since they litterly took all the fun out of their experience with the game
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • -You said "Members of the community will participate in giving feedback on upcoming new Heroes, revamp plans for existing Heroes, and other balance plans.". I hope you guys get a good variety of players and not just the hardcore ones who enjoy super difficult PVE and PVP content. I hope it's a mix of casuals AND hardcore players so that the game is more fun and less frustrating for people. For example, casuals really liked the War of Legends quests because it didn't require a super powerful roster and the team was pre-made and easy to use, a hardcore player hates that. Hardcore players wanted their own heroes and more of a challenge. The event Fire and Ice we have going on today leans more toward the hardcore players, some people's rosters are just too weak to make it through the dungeon.

I think that event is well balanced.

The Igrok and Furnace Dungeons are built for higher level players but it is scaled for level (so are the prizes) and if you have the right heroes and a few friends you can get through.

The rest is for just about everyone else.

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Well damm. I wish I could have do overs like undead Android users.

How was that @TWilliams?
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Well damm. I wish I could have do overs like undead Android users.

How was that @TWilliams?

I'd be careful though. Might get sanctions for inappropriate language :)
  • VoidravenVoidraven Member
    edited March 27
    The reason why devs have unusually high tolerance towards some players exploiting their game is that most of them created a huge desire for others to want to play and advance to be like them stats-wise.

By showing off their crazy equipped toons to other players making them wanting to continue playing and spending, they helped the game alot. In fact devs imo should have payed them for keeping the hype up for high end gameplay which creates the most income compared to low level players.

More important issue is the gap that has been created with all those perfect runes, this gap will never get filled, even if all cheating somehow stops today, the exploiters will carry the advantage they have got with them forward. I doubt devs have data on all the runes crafted unfairly to start deleting them and banning ppl. Even if they had the data, banning all the exploiters would be like a genocide, big chunks of population will go, won't make sense for devs to do it.

They are now in a tough situation they have to punishem for cheating but they feel they owe them some gratitude . Players want justice, my guess is that they will wait and let the uproar die, afterall few whales will compensate for all of the f2p or low spending players that would quit because of the unfair playingfield they have been dealing with for a long time without knowing it.

I would have sided with whales as well from a business standpoint. Sad but true.
    Post edited by Voidraven on
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    "Cheaters never win, winners never cheat." What a crock. At least the cheaters got rid of most of the mushroom teams that relied on the luck of dodge to win.
  • oredithoredith Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    "Cheaters never win, winners never cheat." What a crock. At least the cheaters got rid of most of the mushroom teams that relied on the luck of dodge to win.
    don't worry guys, results of this punishment is to be tangibly felt without need for detailed communication going forward.

it's handled.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • "paper flying things"