Regarding the changes to SKILL coming, I have several questions:
1. How would this affect status effects that are binary in nature (either on or off and have no scaling effect) like: Frozen, Chilled, Stoned, Back Splashed, Spirit Linked, Crit Blocked, Haunted, Slowed, Silenced?
2. Could this be extended to giant character changes to have their abilities tied to SKL: Kai's Drenched (have the reduction based on ascension and SKL) , Reptiles Envenomed (stacks based on SKL), Haunted (extra damage based on SKL), Icepick's Frostbitten (% health lost based on SKL), Ignus and Squinch Pyromaniac (base bonus damage on SKL), etc?
3. How would abilities that already include scaling be changed to reflect changes in skill (would it matter): Yorick's Mark of Death, and other characters Fear, Defensive boosts, Def Lowered, and so on where the effect is already based on the ability's level?
4. Would these changes be based on the caster's SKL or the Target's (ie if my IGOROK has a low skill because he doesn't need it (frozen is not SKL based) and Yasmin heals him is her SKL used for the calculation or the target's?
5. How would this affect Rune distribution as essentially some character's now have a Rune-tax to get their SKL to a perceived needed level to be effective (so some characters would have to choose between Offense/Defense/SKL and other need not concern themselves with SKL, thus reducting the viability of SKL use characters.
6. Creating new RUNE formula's (Nature and Dark have no SKill runes, thus limiting characters of those Elements to fewer rune slots of wanting to be SKL focused)?
7. Changing Rune Formulas (all 3 Runes Types grants the same bonuses (SKL, Dodge, Crit, Health, Def) Could different elements make their runes more focused on that elements key things, or be changed to enhance the skill users of those elements (Need to look into specifics but that would be reliant on the changes to SKL and abilities and thus characters)?
That's a long list (and that's just off the top of my head) This is a HUGE undertaking and i hope you guys are successful in making SKL something cool.