So.... MK

Comments

• coeurnoir wrote: »
    I'm going to take the death blossom thing back again. It really is BS. With the Kobal method you have to rely on one hero dying that's a negative right there. Even if he does die MK still does a lot of damage to the others still. Making them very easy for the rest of the defense to kill.

He goes first! He should NOT be hitting that hard! Period! Nerf this pos or get rid of
    him entirely. I'm completely sick of him.

For me, this is the fix for MK, he needs to not be fast. The game has too many fast heroes and they do too much damage considering they have the speed advantage.

MK can keep his dodge and his tenacity, but there is no reason his character (or the game) needs him to have the fast attribute. Ditto Shade.

I personally don't think any fast hero should have an AoE as their principal ability.
  • Tom664 wrote: »
    I wish I had more MK's going first among my choices.

Well poor you. Let me guess, snakes or starting shade. I'll take shade any day. Snakes have grown a bit ridiculous too though.

• Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited March 25
    I hate saying this since it's just a game but I hate MK I hate absolutely everything about him he could be invincible move first 5 times in a row and 1 hit kill anything and I will forever refuse to even look at him this meta has ruined pvp it's all I ever see MK after MK after MK after MK attack or defence I still long for the day he gets nerfed
  • Percentage chance each round.
  • Filthygoon wrote: »
    I hate saying this since it's just a game but I hate MK I hate absolutely everything about him he could be invincible move first 5 times in a row and 1 hit kill anything and I will forever refuse to even look at him this meta has ruined pvp it's all I ever see MK after MK after MK after MK attack or defence I still long for the day he gets nerfed

That makes two of us bud, & not just because I am a master of the Undead in my own way, but because I hate MK All round.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Esmenoth wrote: »
    I personally don't think any fast hero should have an AoE as their principal ability.
    AOE yes, but it should do a lot less damage.

the general principle that has worked for countless previous games (in terms of balance) has always been that:

fast heroes = glass canons
    medium heroes = jack of all trades
    slow heroes = heavy hitters

this game, through runes and epics, have completely tossed that idea out the window, with fast heavy hitters that do huge AOE and high survival rate (like MK).

it's pretty stupid.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 28
    @itirnitii Yesterday I had an Mk dodge my koros. It was a 4v1.

I lost.

Edit: Oh hey watching this video I see that you relived my experience! At least you had a happy ending :(
  • by the skin of my teeth, and honestly it's happened before where it didn't go so well.
  • how can one hero be allowed to be so diverse?

Can take 2 turns per one?
    Has a special move that ignores DR and shields?
    Has an epic that deals tons of damage and prevents healing?
    Dodges way too often?
    Can't be crit against?
    Has all offensive specials that hit like a truck with low cooldowns?

Seriously the nerf can't come soon enough.

#salty
  • danacdanac Member
    itirnitii wrote: »
    how can one hero be allowed to be so diverse?

Can take 2 turns per one?
    Has a special move that ignores DR and shields?
    Has an epic that deals tons of damage and prevents healing?
    Dodges way too often?
    Can't be crit against?
    Has all offensive specials that hit like a truck with low cooldowns?

Seriously the nerf can't come soon enough.

#salty

y'all might talk about reducing tenacity or all the other ways he's op, but I think the biggest problem in PVP is their wonky RNG.
    MK is supposed to max out at 25% dodge but I'm pretty sure it's more like 50%, and higher vs first attack against him.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Lol... the nature team counters Mk Shade teams so hard. Rocky Willow Lilly and Julius. Lilly's vines hit enemies no matter what, and for a lot too. So MK or Shadowblades can't do anything to dodge taking 1-2k damage a turn, which for rogues is quite a bit. Also the nature team has huge survivabitiy, and will likely dodge the initial MK blossom.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • LOL one team working off of rng does not make him ok. LOL especially when there are 3 other to worry about. LOL guru.
  • LOL this is funny. LOL different people have different teams. Let all just be friends and LOL!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • @JackHallow666 I hardly think this is a suitable team to rebuff the argument. If the MK is teamed with nearly any of the other usual suspects - Koros, snakes, Emily etc- this team will lose, unless you get really lucky with the 35% dodge. Especially as MK will fire before rocky adds his dodge...
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited March 28
    by the skin of my teeth, and honestly it's happened before where it didn't go so well.

Wait, you have skin on your teeth?

Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    by the skin of my teeth, and honestly it's happened before where it didn't go so well.

That's how close it was!

TIL (since I've never looked it up)

The phrase has ancient origins in verse 20 of chapter 19 of the Book of Job in the Bible. Describing the illness that has made him so sick that he barely has anything left of his body, Job says, “My bone clings to my skin and to my flesh, and I have escaped by the skin of my teeth."
  • oredithoredith Member
    The phrase has ancient origins in verse 20 of chapter 19 of the Book of Job in the Bible. Describing the illness that has made him so sick that he barely has anything left of his body, Job says, “My bone clings to my skin and to my flesh, and I have escaped by the skin of my teeth."
    very cool. never knew that's where the reference came from.

of course, i'm often surprised by the number of sayings that are coopted from the bible, and used by non-believers without ever knowing the origin.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    gradders wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 I hardly think this is a suitable team to rebuff the argument. If the MK is teamed with nearly any of the other usual suspects - Koros, snakes, Emily etc- this team will lose, unless you get really lucky with the 35% dodge. Especially as MK will fire before rocky adds his dodge...

I dunno, I've always just been lucky to dodge or not be pinned against super runed up MK's I guess. Snakes aren't much of a problem either. I will admit though that Koros literally destroys the nature team in one shot.
  • @JackHallow666 I just tried this against MK, aria, Leo and Emily and lost pretty horribly. Mk killed rocky and reduced willow and lily to near death. Lily did get her special off and because julius lasted a while I did manage to kill aria and the brambles were hurting but Emily hadn't even resurrected, nor Leo, so it was massively uneven. I'm not sure what level your green team is or the MKs you face, but this MK was a standard (for me) 8500 and does massive damage. So someone better suggest a better team to counter the argument that MK is too powerful. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in 75 percent of the teams I face...
    @JackHallow666 I just tried this against MK, aria, Leo and Emily and lost pretty horribly. Mk killed rocky and reduced willow and lily to near death. Lily did get her special off and because julius lasted a while I did manage to kill aria and the brambles were hurting but Emily hadn't even resurrected, nor Leo, so it was massively uneven. I'm not sure what level your green team is or the MKs you face, but this MK was a standard (for me) 8500 and does massive damage. So someone better suggest a better team to counter the argument that MK is too powerful. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in 75 percent of the teams I face...

That MK was just too strong or your rocky and Willow were too weak... always check runes! A strong MK is a scary MK.
  • gradders wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 I just tried this against MK, aria, Leo and Emily and lost pretty horribly. Mk killed rocky and reduced willow and lily to near death. Lily did get her special off and because julius lasted a while I did manage to kill aria and the brambles were hurting but Emily hadn't even resurrected, nor Leo, so it was massively uneven. I'm not sure what level your green team is or the MKs you face, but this MK was a standard (for me) 8500 and does massive damage. So someone better suggest a better team to counter the argument that MK is too powerful. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in 75 percent of the teams I face...

That MK was just too strong or your rocky and Willow were too weak... always check runes! A strong MK is a scary MK.

Just about any MK is too strong. Stop making excuses for an obvious OP hero in need of a serious nerf bat beat down.
    coeurnoir wrote: »

Just about any MK is too strong. Stop making excuses for an obvious OP hero in need of a serious nerf bat beat down.

I... never said I was making an excuse? I was giving an idea to counter him? I don't think he's necessarily OP, though, because he's still hardly viable in PvE. I think rather the format of how PvP is done is what's broken. 40% increased health is nothing, it really should be like 200% so heroes who have one or two strong abilities and are also fast don't overrun the meta like they do now. I know it's probably not fair to judge how broken or balanced a hero is by performance in PvE, but what I'm saying is if MK was nerfed, he wouldn't be usable in either PvE nor PvP. I mean, all OP PvP heroes are OP for the same reason. That's why I think the system itself needs a fixing rather than the heroes themselves. If the health boost was bumped up from 40% to 200%, maybe heroes who are only good after they have some time to use their other abilities like the demons or the dwarves will be more viable.
  • I don't know why people bring up pve as if it relevant. Pve is really nothing more than a way to give you something to do to build up for pvp. Otherwise there would be a lot more levels. More boss mode would open up. What big boss encounter are you trying to get epic weapons and superior runes for? Oh there aren't any? Then I guess they are for pvp. It's
    not like every level can't be beaten by either Kobal team or Undead team.

He is ridiculously overpowered. And yes, in pvp. You know, the part people are really upset about.
  • MK definitely needs tweaking for his tenacity and dodge traits, with dodge being the 1st thing that needs to be looked at. He dodges way too much.

Tenacity should also be gotten rid of or changed to standard attack (non epic attack) only.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    MK definitely needs tweaking for his tenacity and dodge traits, with dodge being the 1st thing that needs to be looked at. He dodges way too much.

Tenacity should also be gotten rid of or changed to standard attack (non epic attack) only.

The issue with tenacity/haste is it allows heroes to use their first 2 abilities on turn 1 on defense. This pretty much throws balance out the window in a lot of cases.
  • farfella wrote: »

That's how close it was!

TIL (since I've never looked it up)

So job has skin on his teeth too? Hmm. Interesting.
    Also, go gorgons!
  • coeurnoir wrote: »
    Anything going on in this front? I'm really tired of having to skip so many teams. It's one thing to have to have a strategy to beat someone. There is no strategy to being wiped or almost wiped from a fast way too powerful hero.
    Anyone complaining about shade should just stop. Shade has never stopped me from attacking a team because he isn't huge deal until he does possession and even then he often picks a weak hero. But MK will stop me almost every time unless he has all defense runes which we all know is rare.

So pretty please? Do something about him sooner rather than later? If it weren't for him I would rarely skip any defense

thank you, finally I found someone who admitted that shade suks
    and the only reason I find mk hard is because my main late game big time damage is lord zomm

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided