So.... MK

13»

Comments

• So are the devs just continuing to ignore us cause they have no rational explanation why one character has so many upsides. Get rid of tenacity and he becomes more manageable
  • I don't think an hero that is fast should have such a powerful aoe. Like I said before, you get no chance to act before him and even if you use kobal he will still hurt your team thus making them much easier to kill for the next one.
  • sure would be nice if you took care of this soon @Eej or someone! I don't really feel like posting screen shots of crap you already know but for the love of pete take care of this. 9.5 of 10 teams use MK, whether Kobal lives or dies usually dies, the rest of the team will be half health. If you manage to make it through the rest of the snakes, because let's be honest, that's the cheap team now, here comes MKs stupid **** ready to kill you with tenacity. Why are you letting this continue! I'm really really sick of it. I'm about to delete this freakin' game.
    You need to keep people informed of what's going on.
  • oredith wrote: »
    The phrase has ancient origins in verse 20 of chapter 19 of the Book of Job in the Bible. Describing the illness that has made him so sick that he barely has anything left of his body, Job says, “My bone clings to my skin and to my flesh, and I have escaped by the skin of my teeth."
    very cool. never knew that's where the reference came from.

of course, i'm often surprised by the number of sayings that are coopted from the bible, and used by non-believers without ever knowing the origin.

That doesn't mean the expression originates in the Bible. That may be the first place it was written down. Likely the expression was common at the time of writing and has its origins elsewhere. However, the popularity of the Bible has assisted the expression in surviving for centuries.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Or rather, they used that phrase when translating the passage. No idea if the phrase is a literal translation of the original Hebrew or Aramaic, but I would be surprised.
  • Personally, a recommendation to changing Masuta Kira would be to increase the cooldown of Vibrating Palm by 1 making it 5 instead of 4 since it is OP, removing either tenacity or Undead Pwnage II & Switching the order of Deathblossom & Dim Mak As well as making deathblossom so that it hits all foes only once instead of twice.

A man can only dream, let alone a Vampire.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • sagewithaflawsagewithaflaw Member
    edited April 5
    What I dislike most about MK is that his Pwn Undead trait AND the fact that his 1st special is AoE makes the entire Undead roster unusable on PvP defense, and also worthless on PvP offense *if* the defense is opening with MK, which is at least 50% of the teams I come across, as MK always gets to go 1st in that scenario and there is no way to really mitigate it. Even with the Kobal thing, the attacking Undead are probably toast.

I get that the Undead team shines in PvE, and maybe that is intended to be their niche. But would be nice to be able to use them in PvP once in a while too. Just my two cents.
  • oredithoredith Member
    I'd like to let everyone know that I have finally given in, and upgraded MK from epic 10 to 11, and working on epic 12.

this will surely guarantee a reworking of MK to make him less OP within the next week, most likely the hour after i get him to epic 12.

>_<
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredith wrote: »
    I'd like to let everyone know that I have finally given in, and upgraded MK from epic 10 to 11, and working on epic 12.

this will surely guarantee a reworking of MK to make him less OP within the next week, most likely the hour after i get him to epic 12.

>_<

You're doing God's work. I wish you all the best in succeeding in causing his nerf.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @nunya should be here soon to do the devils work.
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I think the alternate skin MK has a big boost. I avoid them. So much for skins not being useful.

feels this way for me too....always dodges much more, and crits when not supposed to, and just overall is a **** to me...
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    MK is so weak. Doesn't dodge much and tenacity never procs. Needs a buff.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Brazy I agree. The poor little thing needs a little help. Perhaps an attack buff? Or maybe a tad more defense? Definitely both. :)
    nunya
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    f1ag8ztm9fz1.jpg
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited June 23
    @nunya HOLLY MOLY DOES THAT ARCHER HAVE A MARSHMELLOW BOW AND ARROW!?!
    Post edited by farfella on
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Even MK's Epic is ridiculous. No other hero deals 4x damage in a single attack from their Epic, and on top of that it applies Nerve Damage!

I understand Bovus does 3 attacks for 2x so it's technically 6x, and Kobal does 5 attacks for 1x so it's technically 5x, but neither of those heroes are necessarily overpowered like MK. Plus, enemy passives can reduce those attacks' damages so it could end up being less than just one, super-powerful attack... Like MK's.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Fine, let's remove nerve damage from his epic and call it a day.
    I think nerve damage could be removed from the entire game tbh.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • nunyanunya Member
    @farfella my avatar is the princess from clash royale bc she is my favorite. It's just regular old flaming arrows. :)
    nunya
    Oh. One of those regular, average, boring flaming arrows of death and destruction.. *sigh* How mundane.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • danacdanac Member
    farfella wrote: »
    Oh. One of those regular, average, boring flaming arrows of death and destruction.. *sigh* How mundane.

Regular flaming arrows don't have 3 prongs.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @danac, there is nothing about @nunya that is just regular.
  • TenchigoTenchigo Member
    coeurnoir wrote: »
    Anything going on in this front? I'm really tired of having to skip so many teams. It's one thing to have to have a strategy to beat someone. There is no strategy to being wiped or almost wiped from a fast way too powerful hero.
    Anyone complaining about shade should just stop. Shade has never stopped me from attacking a team because he isn't huge deal until he does possession and even then he often picks a weak hero. But MK will stop me almost every time unless he has all defense runes which we all know is rare.

So pretty please? Do something about him sooner rather than later? If it weren't for him I would rarely skip any defense

Shade is a problem because not only can he dish out unimaginable amount of damage, but his synergy with Dark Heros is insane. Shade AND MK are a huge problem along side Viperia (or is it Cobressa? The green snake is who I'm talking about)Koros and Emily.
  • danacdanac Member
    Tenchigo wrote: »

Shade is a problem because not only can he dish out unimaginable amount of damage, but his synergy with Dark Heros is insane. Shade AND MK are a huge problem along side Viperia (or is it Cobressa? The green snake is who I'm talking about)Koros and Emily.

Lets get rid of all of them.
    We don't need 72[?] heroes.

Let's only have 10.
    Rogar Willow Stonefist Yasmin Selwyn Jabber Balog ....

• oredithoredith Member
    oredith wrote: »

>_<
    I'd just like to point out that I finally farmed enough light totems to get MK to epic 12 about an hour and half ago....

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Lol... the nature team counters Mk Shade teams so hard. Rocky Willow Lilly and Julius. Lilly's vines hit enemies no matter what, and for a lot too. So MK or Shadowblades can't do anything to dodge taking 1-2k damage a turn, which for rogues is quite a bit. Also the nature team has huge survivabitiy, and will likely dodge the initial MK blossom.

I just annihilated a nature team this a.m. Kai, MK, SB, Koros. They had no chance, and they had a FA Rocky. 3 fast heroes to kill the 1st normal speed, then Koros turns them to ash.

MK is filthy, but Kai really keeps my team together. I've survived so many Ponti/Grog/koros/bovus attacks because of Drenched. Gives me way more room for error vs. dogding heroes.
  • I think there are a few fixes here. MK has 2 major problems from what I've seen - his first ability is AOE with an increased crit chance, and he has an elevated dodge rate.

The first actually should apply to all fast heroes - their first ability should be single target, not AOE. I'm level 42, been in Legends for a month+, was in Legend I last season and I use 3 fast heroes and Koros. Once my Hopper is FA, I'm dropping Koros; my fast heroes hit nearly as hard as my normal speeds, and with various debuff capabilities. I like Koros vs. the Reptiles because he can remove invincibility (Kai is great too because Surfs up doesn't need to damage an opponent to apply Drenched).

Fast heroes should be able to weaken opponents, but not one-shot them regularly. My flipping Kai usually wipes out half the opposing team, and I lead with him FOR drenched. But, he does bonus damage to magical . . . .then I have MK, and SB to clean up. I rarely even use Koros; only if Zen invincibled someone, etc.

It's silly that PvP can be over in quite literally the first attack, either way. There's no strategy for me; hit hard with fast heroes.

AOE attacks in general need to do reduced damage, OR HP needs to be greatly increased across the board. OK, my shadow can hit for 10,000 damage, while my MK is going to hit everyone for 5,000. The opponet heroes have 4500 HP. SB is overkill for 1 hero, which is nothing compared to the fact MK wipes everyone. AOE damage is just not scaled properly; they're so much more desireable than just about any single-target attack out there.
13»