Introducing Chief Nub Nub's Epic: Chief of Staff!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 24 in General Discussion
ied4nwo5izo6.png

Hail to the Chief, baby! Chief Nub Nub's new epic is now available, and it's pretty awesome. When it activates, NubNub will cleanse all allies of all debuffs, hit the enemy for 1.5x damage, and then boosts the defense of all Goblin allies!

In addition, we've given NubNub a small buff to his defense, and lowered the cooldown of his "Haste Ally" ability from 6 to 5.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• I literally just took my runes off Zurk for Lily last night.

#Crushing

It's okay Yasmin will continue to carry my beasts to victory. This is cool though! Super stoked for when Zurk and the King get their epics too and really put goblins back on the PvE map.
  • Not really complaining here (for once :P), but what was the reason for releasing this earlier than the usual 3pm CST timing?

Will this be more common place in the future with other epics/skins/events?
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    Is there any way the epic will show with the skin? i have the war chief skin and the epic weapon doesnt show :(
  • Exalted wrote: »
    Is there any way the epic will show with the skin? i have the war chief skin and the epic weapon doesnt show :(

Sadly no. Epics won't show if your hero is wearing a skin.
  • Puns sooooo baaaad!!!!! But I laughed!
  • He "boos" the defense of all goblins? I can see him heckling them with mean words.

@Joel you missed the T and S on boosTS.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Thanks for doing a 3x mats event for the weekend too!
  • Awesome. How bout you turn that 3x materials on to celebrate.
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    Awesome. How bout you turn that 3x materials on to celebrate.

Well someone is about to be excited...
  • Apparently my 3x material didn't trigger, I ran several savage groves to get the epic and only got normal drops... sigh. But this is the first epic that came out since I decided I'm done spending money on this game unless they actually fix it. Usually I bought the epic package to support the game, was also less totems for me to farm and a couple of decent if not fantastic runes. This time I just ran boss island to get the drop. Stuck to my guns, no more money till I think the game is worth it.

"Ya have to know the juice is worth the squeeze"
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • Matsuda241 wrote: »
    Ahh yes...nothing says "screw the people without Koros" like making only the fire PvP quest drop rune materials. How the hell are players without Koros in the higher brackets going to be able to take advantage of the event without a ridiculously overpowered fire hero?

It'd only be fair if the water PvP quest also dropped greater rune materials. Otherwise this whole event is a bust for the non-Koros having people.

And no, I'm not going to purposely lose with a bunch of random fire heroes just to fulfill quest requirement. That's a waste of resources and a self-sabotage on trophies.

Astrid? Cobressa? Furnace? Torchy? Lupina? Ember? Rogar? And here I was thinking all these red heroes I use in pvp too were fire all along... Well you learn something new every day!
  • Well the easy solution is to do what many are doing... just stay out of the higher brackets. I haven't actually found a good reason to try to get into the higher brackets lately. I'm not going to make this game my job to get to legend 1 and likely I couldn't get there even if I did. There isn't anything I actually need most of the time that isn't in legend or legend 1 to get. So I just do my guild quests, maybe a couple of extra ones if I feel like it, and usually end up making a last minute run to end up in warlord 3 and pick up some totems for the honor and get a not so great champion rune and some aether...
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Matsuda241 wrote: »
    Ahh yes...nothing says "screw the people without Koros" like making only the fire PvP quest drop rune materials. How the hell are players without Koros in the higher brackets going to be able to take advantage of the event without a ridiculously overpowered fire hero?

Um..there's still tons or fire toons you can use. I use Furnace, Ember, Cobressa, Astrid, etc all the time in the higher brackets.
  • Thank you for the 3x materials over the weekend. It's greatly appreciated!
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    Grog gnog nails both dungeons for me
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 24
    Myself and others in my guild have gotten superior legendary runes from the blue island. We have a guild mate that has run it over 100 times already because of the runes it can drop while ignoring the fire one. (I should add he is your level and not even fighting the pvp, just retreating immediately). I wouldn't say the water one is completely useless...
  • Show me someone completing all their fire PvP quests without a Koros, and I'll maybe consider your statement partially valid.

For this event, I use Torchy frequently to silence defender's first normal speed character. Don't use him for damage obviously, but it let's me get at least one normal attack in. Level 62, decent roster & OK runes.

I agree with @MattCauthron. This seems like a perfectly simple quest.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Matsuda241 wrote: »
    Show me someone completing all their fire PvP quests without a Koros, and I'll maybe consider your statement partially valid.

There are so many viable red heroes besides Koros. And you are not required to win the pvp matches. What else do you expect?

Your roster is terrible. Matt gave you multiple great options, but none of those are available to you. It's not the game's fault.

This is the most generous event since Winterfest. Good job BF!
  • Matsuda. Quit whining. You don't have to win those PVP raids. Just bring a red along. And if that causes you to lose your raids, how were you going to win raids before?

You raced through PVE and don't have enough good runes to go around. Time to focus on building some good runes now while the gem rebate is in place.
  • WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes:Overlord Executum, Samurai Takumi, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • Huge step in the right direction. Event started out a little mediocre. Simple 3 pvp raids followed by event dungeons over and over. Rewards were pretty good, but now the rewards for the fire dungeon is amazing.

Also, thank you for not releasing a red epic.
  • Thanks so much for 3x mats weekend! @Joel @Eej