Light or Dark, Choose Your Side! (Also, Some Bug Fixes!) [DARK WINS!]

Comments

• After you kill malice twice, does the dungeon close and you have to kill the yellow knight thing 4 more times to reopen it?? The 2 hour time limit was not up.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 28
    PabloBison wrote: »
    After you kill malice twice, does the dungeon close and you have to kill the yellow knight thing 4 more times to reopen it?? The 2 hour time limit was not up.

Let me quote the opening post for you! I bolded the applicable part for your convenience.

"There’s also a repeatable quest that will allow you to unlock special event dungeons. Both the Light and Dark event dungeons will be available regardless of the side you chose. The event dungeons will close after you beat two of them (either beat each of them once or one of them twice), or after two hours pass, whichever happens first."
  • PabloBison wrote: »
    After you kill malice twice, does the dungeon close and you have to kill the yellow knight thing 4 more times to reopen it?? The 2 hour time limit was not up.

Let me quote the opening post for you! I bolded the applicable part for your convenience.

"There’s also a repeatable quest that will allow you to unlock special event dungeons. Both the Light and Dark event dungeons will be available regardless of the side you chose. The event dungeons will close after you beat two of them (either beat each of them once or one of them twice), or after two hours pass, whichever happens first."

Cheers bud, midnight here, think I need sleep.
  • phil wrote: »
    Light: 20-4(24), 12-3(22), 11-3(18), 5-1(12), 13-2(9), 14-6(8), 14-2(7.5)
    Not a list of best, or a list of all. Just some.

Feel stupid asking, but am I missing something? I don't see any quests that involve light or dark kills. I see using light/dark friends, and unlocking and beating the guardian event dungeons. That's it...

Have you clicked on the event banner for light and dark that lets you choose a side for the day? I'd bet that triggers the quest.

My only concern about this event is it appears as if we need to do at least 8 campaign dungeons to get 4 guardians (someone estimated 50% occurance) to get the event dungeons. And we're going to need a lot of event dungeons to get any good part of the 20 stages of the special quests for them done.

It seems like a -lot- of campaign dungeons - unless the guardian can appear more than once (I haven't looked closely).
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    phil wrote: »

Feel stupid asking, but am I missing something? I don't see any quests that involve light or dark kills. I see using light/dark friends, and unlocking and beating the guardian event dungeons. That's it...

Have you clicked on the event banner for light and dark that lets you choose a side for the day? I'd bet that triggers the quest.

I did, but nothing happened. Had to close and restart. That got it to appear.
  • edited March 28
    i cant choose between either i love bauble and malice equally but ill have to go with dark since malice is more diffficult to star than emily
    also @Joel thank you for finally fixing the VIGIL bug i can now use my favorite team again but there is alos the chance that when ANTI-MAGIC AURA is on HANSUKE it might cancel VIGIL from being applied.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • Just wondering here but I did my crowns before the event start am I going to Miss out on the runes or is that a one time grab quest that's not going to change?
  • You're good. Wait till reset at midnight. You have all week.
  • GukZoinGukZoin Member
    Well done devs. Well done. This style of event is a winner imo.
    Now if you can just normalize material drops and requirements all will be well in my universe. Oh and make it so if I full tune a rune I get a max rune and not a 5 star heroic. Lost track of how many times I get 5 star heroic and tune 10 times for no improvement.
  • DM666DM666 Member
    Okay I'm sorry - I have what I think might be a dumb question! Right now I haven't chosen a side, and I have quests for both light and dark to use friends' heroes for tokens. When I end up choosing either light or dark, will that open up additionally quests for ONLY that colour (ie extra quests to get hero tokens?) Or will it just give access to the repeatable quest line? Or does choosing a side open quests for additional hero tokens on both sides?

Does that even make sense?!
  • phil wrote: »

Once you pick a side from the "Events" screen you should see an event for Light/Dark side team.

thhfouavu9j4.jpg

• Interesting Concept. Prizes looks good.
  • DM666DM666 Member
    Got it - thanks!
  • I did the Light side quest (kill 100 dark enemies) in one run of Lair of the Lich Challenge Mode - once I got to Lich, just set it to auto attack and my undead team kept dropping his skeletons over and over without doing much dmg to the Lich. Easy peasy. Might be a commonly known tactic but figured I'd share.
  • tallkristallkris Member
    edited March 29
    Was the Koros on Koros debuff supposed to be this major? I just had a drenched Koros do zero damage to my Koros who's only defense is two champion runes when using pyre

b035ciizvc1a.png
  • tallkris wrote: »
    Was the Koros on Koros debuff supposed to be this major? I just had a drenched Koros do zero damage to my Koros who's only defense is two champion runes when using pyre

b035ciizvc1a.png

Well, Kai also provides a 25% elemental resistance to his allies, so that could also be affecting the damage done against your Koros.
  • I'm getting 25 gems per event dungeon win as well as runes, so that's a bonus to players who don't have stockpiles. Hopefully we can spend it on that new light dark hybrid hero coming out on Wednesday.
  • danacdanac Member
    Zuggey wrote: »
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Mom said that was a lie!!!!
  • any one found the gaurdian in boss island ??
  • edited March 29
    sirtainly wrote: »
    phil wrote: »

My only concern about this event is it appears as if we need to do at least 8 campaign dungeons to get 4 guardians (someone estimated 50% occurance) to get the event dungeons. And we're going to need a lot of event dungeons to get any good part of the 20 stages of the special quests for them done.

It seems like a -lot- of campaign dungeons - unless the guardian can appear more than once (I haven't looked closely).

Two things i have noticed.

1) At least for me, its SURE AS HELL that the chance for Alexandros to appear is much lower than 50%

2) i thinks its once per dungeon

so you are right.Its a LOT of dungeons

• I'm just doing my normal daily rounds -- collecting all the Gold tokens for aether on the Challenge Mode epic levels. He shows up plenty.

Unfortunately can't use friends on those levels, so I use friends when I run the light/dark realm levels and any time I'm doing Boss Island. Problem solved. ;)
  • I'm confused - wasn't there a quest to give out runes when you hit 30 crowns? I thought I needed 15 more crowns to complete it so I would get those after midnight.

Assuming I got them late last night and forgot, I just collected 10 more. I thought the quest was repeatable - if it is, will it show up again today after 3 because its not there now? And did I just waste the 10 crowns I just got, meaning I will have to wait until after midnight again to complete it?

I'm confused. Unless it was a one time quest? (Sorry if I wasn't clear, in a rush...)
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I'm just doing my normal daily rounds -- collecting all the Gold tokens for aether on the Challenge Mode epic levels. He shows up plenty.

Unfortunately can't use friends on those levels, so I use friends when I run the light/dark realm levels and any time I'm doing Boss Island. Problem solved. ;)
    did you met him in boss island??
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    I have done around 8 or 9 permafrost...no sight of him unfortunately
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    edited March 29
    I think this event is great! It's fun to choose a specific side.

Is there anywhere a counter showing the progress of the light and the dark side?
    I am really curious to see how it developes.
    1304054?gid=
  • echonapechonap Member
    Another great event DB. Creative, rewarding, and a break from the normal totem farming. You are slowly winning me back. :smile:
    mhmzayed wrote: »
    any one found the gaurdian in boss island ??

He is not in the list of available enemies for boss island, so I doubt it.
    The Empire is recruiting.