Fan Hero Tag Idea: Artifact

-"Artifact" heroes are as the title says, artifacts, or inanimate objects. More specifically, battle equipment such as Swords, Bows, Sheilds, and even armour, that are possibly animated via magic or other mysterious means. Artifact heroes all share the "Artifact" trait, which gives them Impervious, and immunity to charm and revenge attacks, plus the ability to be "equipped" onto non artifact allies.

Equipping

-Artifacts will have unique basic attacks. They can be targeted onto an enemy for damage or an ally for a passive effect, like Bauble's IFF Targeting. Targeting a non-artifact ally will allow the artifact hero to "equip," onto an ally for 2 turns. The equipped artifact will become a buff, and will give the ally helpful effects or boosts to their basic attacks, stats, etc. Since the artifact becomes a buff, it won't be able to targeted or directly damaged until the buff expires in two turns or it is purged. Think of it like Shade's Possesion but you can do it more frequently, and it's friendly! Depending on the effects of an artifact's equip, there may be a short cooldown for this artifact's secondary basic attack option.

Playstyle

-Artifacts serve as a "support," and are great at performing combos. Their own stats aren't too high, and they are rather weak when alone. Then again, if it's an item- like a weapon that specializes in a certain task- like attacking- it will most likely have one stat pretty high while the others are rather low.

-Feel free to use the artifact tag for your Fan Heroes! I myself will be creating a few artifact heroes soon!
Current Level: 70
Proud Member of the Potato Family
"We should have more tags."
Favorite Hero: Bauble

Comments

• @AlbinoSqueegee i can see myself making a hero that is the embodyment of an Artifact if that counts?
    its a cool idea nonetheless. dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • @AlbinoSqueegee i can see myself making a hero that is the embodyment of an Artifact if that counts?
    its a cool idea nonetheless. dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm not fully sure what you mean by "embodyment." Can you please explain? Also, thanks!
  • @AlbinoSqueegee i was thinking something like stonefist. ..i mean.. .come on now. his name has STONE in it... he is in a sense.. .the living embodiement of living Earth. in a way Stone-Fist is kind of like a relic back on topic i meant something along the lines of the hero BEING the Artifact it self. like a haunted Dr.s mask from the 17th century you know those weird bird like things?
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 30
    @AlbinoSqueegee i was thinking something like stonefist. ..i mean.. .come on now. his name has STONE in it... he is in a sense.. .the living embodiement of living Earth. in a way Stone-Fist is kind of like a relic back on topic i meant something along the lines of the hero BEING the Artifact it self. like a haunted Dr.s mask from the 17th century you know those weird bird like things?

I guess that would work, as long as the artifact hero could be "equippable."
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think we should wait until everyone has their epics and we've had ample amounts of time to level them up before we go into armor and trinkets, but it would be neat to see the future of Dungeon Boss have all types of equipable items. Hopefully they'll also chop down the leveling up costs on epics and these new items so new players aren't scared of playing in fear of never being able to get everything.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.