Elemental Status Effect Buff Suggestions (Exp: Fire could cause Fear?)

TenchigoTenchigo Member
edited March 31 in Feedback & Suggestions
I would like to add a interesting idea to status effects to maybe enhance and heighten the combat experience.

Burned : 5% Chance to cause Fear, Chance increases each turn. Chance resets once Burned is either cured or removed.

Frozen : 10% Chance to cause Chilled and 5% Chance to cause Frostbite. Chance of Frostbite increases each turn. Chance resets once Frozen is cured or removed.

Shocked: 5% Chance to cause Nerve Damage (Only for the host of the effect, not the allies receiving the shock dmg from the host), Chance increases each turn. Chance resets once Shocked is cured or removed.

Poisoned: 5% Chance to cause Off-Balanced, Chance increases each turn. Chance resets once Poisoned is cured or removed.

Diseased: 5% Chance to cause Dehibilitated. Chance increases each turn. Chance resets once Diseased is cured or removed.

@Eej @Joel

[Edit]

I would like to see possible Unique Status Effects that happen with this Elemental Debuffs. So possibly instead of Burned causing Fear, maybe it could be Burning Agony instead? That way these Unique States Effects can be tweaked separately from the Normal Stats such as Fear.

I really would like this implemented into the Game somehow, share me your thoughts. Possibly increase the chance of a certain effect if it is on your opposite element and/or you have a Seekers Blessing?
Post edited by Tenchigo on
Tagged:

Comments

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited March 30
    I think that the debuffs are already punishing enough.
    Gorgons have a new guild! Gormandizing gorgon! Yaya!!!
  • These are intersting ideas and sound like they could be fun under a few conditions:

Fix how broken shock is, fix how out of balanace attack is (probably relates to shock damage problem), and also should only be put in if the coding could be done without huge bug issues.

I like how you have the debuffs paired up, very well thought out!
  • this is an awesome idea but for those who use pontifex in PVP this is just adding to the bug of him being killed via status effect and not ressurecting
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • For this to be balanced, you would have to greatly diminish the power of debuffs. Fear is essentially mark for death. This would make furnace go from a very strong hero to an insanely broken hero overnight I would imagine.
  • For this to be balanced, you would have to greatly diminish the power of debuffs. Fear is essentially mark for death. This would make furnace go from a very strong hero to an insanely broken hero overnight I would imagine.

Agree with some balancing needed. Thst being said a 1 in 20 chance doesn't seem so bad.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 30
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    For this to be balanced, you would have to greatly diminish the power of debuffs. Fear is essentially mark for death. This would make furnace go from a very strong hero to an insanely broken hero overnight I would imagine.

Agree with some balancing needed. Thst being said a 1 in 20 chance doesn't seem so bad.

That doesn't seem bad to you? It also grows in chance every successive turn with his suggestion. But on top of that furnace has a chance to burn every hero (That isn't immune) every single turn with his basic attack on top of being able to have a burn skin. I'll often have 2 heroes burned at once over multiple turns. I think realistically you'd see a hero being feared in 30+% of your matches and a feared hero on fire is dying the very next turn.

Of course this could all be fixed by some balancing. Reducing the damage increase from fear (Which is MUCH more powerful than the other proposed affects) and lowering the damage of burn. Burn already decreases armor (Something many people don't know), so heroes are already taking more damage simply by being on fire.
  • TenchigoTenchigo Member
    edited March 31
    If anything maybe it could be Status Effects specific for these Debuffs? So instead of Fear , it could be Burning Agony where it's specific debuff stats are only from Burned so it could be tweaked sepretly from Fear.
  • I think pairing debuffs is a neat idea, but I find this an unnessecary addition of RNG to an already powerful toolset in game that could potentially introduce bugs and balancing issues.
  • seanlucky wrote: »
    I think pairing debuffs is a neat idea, but I find this an unnessecary addition of RNG to an already powerful toolset in game that could potentially introduce bugs and balancing issues.

Honestly it's more of logic backing up my idea rather than balancing. Because if you were set on fire and your skin was melting off, I think you would panic. I mean it'd be funny if they ran off screen because they were scared sense they were on fire lol.