Starring Heroes is Underwhelming

KangKang Member
edited March 30 in Feedback & Suggestions
I'm sure @Foozle has calculated the rune equivalent to a star, but I can surmise that 1 Superior Legendary Rune>>1 Star worth of actual power/hero effectiveness. Given how much focus and value is given to tokens ($1 per token it seems), their overall value needs to be increased. A possible solution would be to have them modify post rune stats by a percentage (1st,2nd,3rd stars give 5% bonus each, 4th gives 10%, 5th gives 15%, 6th gives 20%).

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 30
    The sad part is that your estimate is still more generous than reality.

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/37465/rune-theorycrafting-runes-compared-to-hero-stars#latest

The stat gain from a set of 5 star superior legendary runes is worth quite a bit more more than the stats you gain going from 1 star to 6 stars.

A hero at 6 stars probably goes relatively to 12-13 stars with a full set of top tier runes. (That doesn't even count 4th stats which pushes the disparity even further.
  • KangKang Member
    It seems a bit silly to chase after 250 tokens to go from 5 star to 6 star when the equivalent resources could be channeled toward crafting runes that will provide 10x+ more benefit. After all, isn't collecting every hero token a main objective of this game?
  • Kang wrote: »
    It seems a bit silly to chase after 250 tokens to go from 5 star to 6 star when the equivalent resources could be channeled toward crafting runes that will provide 10x+ more benefit. After all, isn't collecting every hero token a main objective of this game?

They are aware of this imbalance. The plus side is this makes the game considerably cheaper since you don't really need to spend resources on tokens. Once they reshift the balance back towards tokens, the price to stay competitive at the top goes back up significantly.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited March 30
    Monetarily it is actually more benficially this way. When Lily came out I knew once I summoned her she was good enough. No need to get her passed 3* since her power would come from runes.

Runes are interchangeable between characters, tokens are not, so if a new hero comes out and is meta-worthy I know I can just shift runes around off a hero who falls out of the meta. Might cost me a million gold but its far better than hundreds of dollars in portal summons!

Then I can slowly star these new heroes up through pvp and quest rewards down the line with little to no downside.