Pignius's Burning Taunt

I find that Pignius's Burning Taunt makes little sense anymore. Before, he had Bonfire to increase burn damage so it kind of made sense to cause attackers to burn but now, neither he or any other beasts benefit from burning aside from the obvious burn effects. Also, his taunt does nothing to help him survive the oncoming attacks meaning that he's asking to die if/when he taunts. IGOROK is the only other "tank" that taunts that doesn't increase their survivability through healing or defense and at least in IGOROK's case, his defense rune options are more than what Pignius's are (not that most people rune them that way though unless they have to).

I suggest either give his taunt a defense buff like most other taunts do or give him a Provoke attack. As it stands now, I don't use his taunt unless I'm desperate to save someone else and would rather sacrifice Pignius because he will likely die. Alternatively, just give him something else completely and not have him be a tank because his entire 'kit' is catered towards the offensive anyway and makes little sense to have him taunt at all.

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I believe IGOROK's Reflecting Taunt and Piggy's Burning Taunt actually do add Defense though. I'll check that.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • I believe IGOROK's Reflecting Taunt and Piggy's Burning Taunt actually do add Defense though. I'll check that.

I just tested Pignius's Burning Taunt just to be sure and it does not give a defense buff.
  • there are multiple taunts that dont increase DEF (excluding HEARTY TAUNT) like GUARDIAN TAUNT (i think maybe, i use leo alot but i dont look at the buff in the dungeons much) from Leonidus and STOKE THE BOILER from Furnace (that i do know since im always short on gold to increase his ability lvls)
    im pretty sure there was one other TANK hero that had a special taunt that didnt increase DEF. other than that i agree that Pignious deserves an increase in DEF for BURNING TAUNT.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • WobblyBananaWobblyBanana Member
    edited April 1
    there are multiple taunts that dont increase DEF (excluding HEARTY TAUNT) like GUARDIAN TAUNT (i think maybe, i use leo alot but i dont look at the buff in the dungeons much) from Leonidus and STOKE THE BOILER from Furnace (that i do know since im always short on gold to increase his ability lvls)
    im pretty sure there was one other TANK hero that had a special taunt that didnt increase DEF. other than that i agree that Pignious deserves an increase in DEF for BURNING TAUNT.

Leonidus's taunt doesn't give a defense buff but does give a reduction to magical damage. Stoke the Boiler doesn't give a defense buff but Furnace has Abs of Steel and just an innately high defense and HP to help him as a tank. Pignius's defense and HP isn't particularly high, probably just a tad about average and his taunt doesn't give him any sort of buff to survive which means using his taunt is a deathwish.
    Post edited by WobblyBanana on