Matchmaking Changes For New Season

Comments

• rpger001rpger001 Member
    D_Rodd wrote: »
    Perhaps we need more time for players to separate this season before the logic appears more accurate.

Perhaps logic was not a factor?
    Teal125
  • At first blush...my first 8 attacks. I was placed in a lower league but my opponents were as hard or harder than how I ended up at the end of the last season.

Is there supposed to be an Easy option? Do I need to wait for things to settle out?
  • TTS1000 wrote: »
    Is noone gonna talk about the fact that only H gives as many trophies as every other match before, making 40k trophies for Legend I even more unreasonable?

Hard is exactly what you were seeing in previous preseasons. Essentially you get 1 "hard" option instead of 3. The other two should theoretically be easier choices. The above picture makes me question that however.

@MattCauthron Except last season you always had three to pick from. Now, if your hard option is a team that you're trying to avoid or can't reliably beat, you're stuck doing easier options and getting fewer trophies. So this will mean more matches to get up to legend 1, further pushing people out. We were already getting closer and closer to top 100 not all making it to legend 1, so this seems like a change in the wrong direction trophy wise.
  • HakonaHakona Member
    So if I can't beat H option, i should wait 1 hr to get something else! !?

It's time to bring the refresh button for its designed purpose

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • TTS1000 wrote: »
    Is noone gonna talk about the fact that only H gives as many trophies as every other match before, making 40k trophies for Legend I even more unreasonable?

Hard is exactly what you were seeing in previous preseasons. Essentially you get 1 "hard" option instead of 3. The other two should theoretically be easier choices. The above picture makes me question that however.

@MattCauthron Except last season you always had three to pick from. Now, if your hard option is a team that you're trying to avoid or can't reliably beat, you're stuck doing easier options and getting fewer trophies. So this will mean more matches to get up to legend 1, further pushing people out. We were already getting closer and closer to top 100 not all making it to legend 1, so this seems like a change in the wrong direction trophy wise.

You could also make the argument that you have a better chance of keeping your streaks up too. I think it's too early to tell if this new E/M/H change makes it harder, easier, or the same as far as reaching leg 1.
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    you're stuck doing easier options and getting fewer trophies. So this will mean more matches to get up to legend 1, further pushing people out. We were already getting closer and closer to top 100 not all making it to legend 1, so this seems like a change in the wrong direction trophy wise.

But since your streak stays intact when you go to Medium, you just need an extra raid ticket or two to make up the difference (and those may have a higher win percentage than any single hard option). Eventually you'll get a new hard option, but you can keep raiding in the meantime. I see this as a benefit so far.
  • First impressions:

It went great, initially. I felt I had a good variety of opponents. But the minute I went from Champ III to Champ II, I ended up with three choices that looked to me like they were Kind of Hard/Hard/Harder. I lost to one of them. Had the same sort of sequence next. Then I refreshed and my options seemed to be Super Easy/Really Easy/Easy Peasy.

So I'm guessing some adjustments will be necessary. But we're definitely on the right track. So yay for that!
  • D_Rodd wrote: »
    you're stuck doing easier options and getting fewer trophies. So this will mean more matches to get up to legend 1, further pushing people out. We were already getting closer and closer to top 100 not all making it to legend 1, so this seems like a change in the wrong direction trophy wise.

But since your streak stays intact when you go to Medium, you just need an extra raid ticket or two to make up the difference (and those may have a higher win percentage than any single hard option). Eventually you'll get a new hard option, but you can keep raiding in the meantime. I see this as a benefit so far.

Might be true for people who PvP in bits throughout the day. Those of us who sit down for one or two long PvP sessions each day do not really get this benefit.
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    Those of us who sit down for one or two long PvP sessions each day do not really get this benefit.

Yep, I can see your point there. Thanks for clarifying!
  • DragonDragon Member
    edited April 5
    New Preseason and I don't know if I should play, because it may be reset.

How can people be in Legend III already?!

I am Level 70 and have the feeling the Top 100 get ahead more and more and there is no chance to catch up.

To make this whole league system more fair I would suggest:

- no streak bonus
    - everyone starts with 0 trophies
    - no trophy loss for a lost defence

With the New E/M/H System it should be no problem if everyone starts at the same point.
  • A boring honor shop , I was hoping for champion runes to be made purchasable via honor scrolls
  • @Dragon this season, those with 20K+ trophies, started off with ~10K trophies. So, it was much quicker getting to Leg III as we start much higher than previously (~5k).
  • D_Rodd wrote: »
    Those of us who sit down for one or two long PvP sessions each day do not really get this benefit.

Yep, I can see your point there. Thanks for clarifying!

That was...the most courteous forum post we've had in weeks! Let's all do that until someone cheats again!
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    ldf0qnifetbj.png
    ...And I think to myself what a wonderful world...
  • tphilly5tphilly5 Member
    I agree with Dragon. I am level 70 and have been top 100 but don't think it is fair to start at a much higher league. Use fewer resources, get greater daily rewards, and give OP runes to only the top 100. The game is creating a have nad have not environment which I don't think is good for long term viability. Maybe the top 100 are the big income generators.
  • Um should we really be praising db for this change? I mean it is an improvement but it still is a rollback of the old system. I dont think them breaking a vase and then expect to be thanked for fixing it is praiseworthy, especially when it took them about 3 months to implement this "change".
  • wisemagic7 wrote: »
    Um should we really be praising db for this change? I mean it is an improvement but it still is a rollback of the old system. I dont think them breaking a vase and then expect to be thanked for fixing it is praiseworthy, especially when it took them about 3 months to implement this "change".

This system is radically different than the system we had 3 months ago, and my initial impressions would say a solid improvement from the previous iteration.

So yes, praise is most certainly deserved.

Um should we really be praising db for this change? I mean it is an improvement but it still is a rollback of the old system. I dont think them breaking a vase and then expect to be thanked for fixing it is praiseworthy, especially when it took them about 3 months to implement this "change".

This system is radically different than the system we had 3 months ago, and my initial impressions would say a solid improvement from the previous iteration.

I wouldn't necessarily say its a solid improvement. In the last system lower levels were fighting lower levels and is able to get 1st place prize within their level group. Now it seems like its catering to the lv 70s since it is 100% certain that the best prizes possible will go to lv 70s. And besides changes to the currency and shop items, its not that different from the old system.
    wisemagic7 wrote: »

I wouldn't necessarily say its a solid improvement. In the last system lower levels were fighting lower levels and is able to get 1st place prize within their level group. Now it seems like its catering to the lv 70s since it is 100% certain that the best prizes possible will go to lv 70s. And besides changes to the currency and shop items, its not that different from the old system.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think saying this system is even remotely close to the old one is pure ignorance, but given the amount of time it would take to list the differences, it certainly isn't worth it as I doubt your opinion would be changed.

I would also argue that for the "average" low level player, this system is better as they get more overall rewards (The ones that didn't consistently rank in top 10). For the people who were "slow leveling" and essentially taking advantage of a system to dominate their peers in a laughable overbearing fashion... yes it may be worse for them. That is an incredibly small subset of the game's population.
  • @wisemagic7 @MattCauthron I think it'd be easier to state the main similarities. The only thing similar is having E/M/H variant style choices, but even that is well improved from the prior system.
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    @MattCauthron - My slow level 41 account loves this new system. Previously I would get to Champ 1 and have nothing else to do for days bc Warlord was a ceiling. I can't wait to play all the way through to Legend 1 now. This change is a boon for slow levelers, compared to other preseasons, as far as I can tell.

It's praiseworthy if only for the fact that they listened to our feedback and made some changes based on it. I think it's a show of (very) good faith on their part and I certainly appreciate it.

• Eej wrote: »
    Actually, it means low level players can battle completely through the leagues up to Legend I without encountering "soft ceiling" impossible matches.

Yes the Boss 100 is limited to 65+, but Legend rewards aren't insignificant.

Ah i see thanks for clarifying @Eej
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    As a level 70 player who normally finishes at legend 3, these changes are amazing. Love it so far.
  • I should add my only complaint (And it's a pretty big one) is did we really need a FIFTH week of blue rune. I 100% expected this to change. It's such an EASY change... and honestly 1 month (4 seasons) of the same rune is plenty.
  • I honestly don't care about the match making system. PVP is still an awful and frustrating experience with complete lack of balance and over powered heroes still running around.