Matchmaking Changes For New Season

Comments

• itirnitii wrote: »
    The blue rune has got to go. Bring out the triple attack 10% pvp damage rune already, we know it's coming.

Honestly I feel like you guys are missing out on a golden opportunity with these pvp runes. Instead of making them stat sticks you could have made them unique, like maybe have zero stats but have a really strong passive on them, such as Turn a Blind Eye (ignore taunt), Fire Immune, or Wushu (immune to crits).

Something to think about.

These ideas are just killer. Aside from making us happy, can you imagine the gem expenditure increase if there was a wushu rune for one season? No one would be willing to miss out on that. As opposed to a 9th and 10th DR rune that just excacerbates one of the more frustrating game mechanics at the moment (physical invincibility).
  • InnovInnov Member
    You changed the raid tickets from 4 to 8, that was brilliant, everyone enjoys this.
    New change in matchmaking, so far so good (for me at least), PvP is more enjoyable, more relaxing and more fitting to different kind of players, whether they aim for the top or not. Not rejoicing yet, have to see how it goes but seems nice so far.
    I'm not sure if you removed the rune rewards or not, if you did then for me that was one more great decision. There must be plenty of other ways to reward players without adding to the imbalance. If you didn't then pfffffff...
    Now BE BRAVE AND NERF THE SHIET OUT OF STUPID SHADE AND KOROS.
  • @Eej
    So far if anything I find the new system worse than before and it FEELS (whether it's what you wanted or not this is how it feels) like an attempt to just make me buy more raid tickets. I'm in Champ III, early seasons I always finished legend II or III, later seasons somewhere in warlord till I got fed up and generally PvPed minimally and got to Champ I or Warlord III and stopped. Now my experience so far with the new system is the placement into E/M/H is so skewed as to give me medium opponents that I can almost never beat. Until the match making looks at the defense team itself and take SYNERGY into account it will never work right. Almost every medium team I see is still Koros and unbeatable Emily. My very first medium team I looked at started out with a high 9000 power Shade. Under the old system I could pick and choose who to fight and would sometimes get ones I could beat and get full points and move up. Now because the reward for E is less than half and the cost for leagues hasn't changed and even M is generally out of reach beacuase of the way you calculate where to put people I have less hope of moving up and less desire to play PvP or the game as a whole. Weeks of rich get richer rewards for PvP has only worsened this phenomenon. I don't think you understand the average dedicated player and where they are positioned, only the very strong and the very weak.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • the real issue is OP heroes that they refuse to make simple changes to. I'll give it another week for changes to be made. Hate hate hate that I wasted money on this game but if they refuse to adress things such as invincible Emily and Bauble, seriously Bauble wiping out a full team because no magic or physical hit does any damage? Really? Hell how can you not win when your hero takes no dmg?

MK wiping out any team from the get go... dodge dodge dodge tenacity tenacity good bye.

impossibly difficult to overcome reptile teams (you have to plan and get lucky, one bad rng it's over). I mean really? Acid Spot does way too much dmg. It's stupid to have to first dispell an auto taunt off Krexx, then hope you kill viperia and if you do cobressa goes and does her spit while immune. That's at least 2 heros you Have to use just to get control of the situation before Cobressa goes throw in whatever random hero you want (usually rocky) and it gets much worse. Yeah you can silence Cobressa if she doesn't dodge but by next round you have no more specials. It's not impossible. I beat them a lot but one bad dodge and it's over. That should not be the case. The defense already has a huge advantage.

and Koros.. I don't need to even go into him. then it just shows that they really don't give a crap.

I could live with Shade and SB one shotting ONE hero at the get go but the others are too powerful by themselves, let alone on a team.

One more week. One! If this garbage is still going on I be done. I've already spent too much. Not going to double it just so I can get heroes that should not be as powerful as they are anyway.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    coeurnoir wrote: »
    the real issue is OP heroes that they refuse to make simple changes to. I'll give it another week for changes to be made. Hate hate hate that I wasted money on this game but if they refuse to adress things such as invincible Emily and Bauble, seriously Bauble wiping out a full team because no magic or physical hit does any damage? Really? Hell how can you not win when your hero takes no dmg?

MK wiping out any team from the get go... dodge dodge dodge tenacity tenacity good bye.

impossibly difficult to overcome reptile teams (you have to plan and get lucky, one bad rng it's over). I mean really? Acid Spot does way too much dmg. It's stupid to have to first dispell an auto taunt off Krexx, then hope you kill viperia and if you do cobressa goes and does her spit while immune. That's at least 2 heros you Have to use just to get control of the situation before Cobressa goes throw in whatever random hero you want (usually rocky) and it gets much worse. Yeah you can silence Cobressa if she doesn't dodge but by next round you have no more specials. It's not impossible. I beat them a lot but one bad dodge and it's over. That should not be the case. The defense already has a huge advantage.

and Koros.. I don't need to even go into him. then it just shows that they really don't give a crap.

I could live with Shade and SB one shotting ONE hero at the get go but the others are too powerful by themselves, let alone on a team.

One more week. One! If this garbage is still going on I be done. I've already spent too much. Not going to double it just so I can get heroes that should not be as powerful as they are anyway.

I think that some heroes could be modified,but by using the right attack team you can defeat any defense.
    It's true that most of 71 heores are useless for pvp,but now things are surely better then 1/2 months ago when all you needed was to have zen and kozar.
    The heroes who aren't good for pvp should be useful for pve(the problem is that pve needs to be revamped,but this is another matter).
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Thanks for the feedback on the runes. Our focus was getting the matchmaking changes in first - but Seasons "content" (rewards, etc.) is on the hitlist.

And, no triple attack + PvP Damage rune.
    Eej wrote: »

This is a wise decision,Jabber could become invincible with a rune like that
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    Can we please know exactly what "skill" does? I believe this was told it would be addressed.

Also, can we please have an autorun button for PVP? :)
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Sabbro wrote: »
    Can we please know exactly what "skill" does?

Doesn't skill determine how much damage all the characters extra attacks (anything besides the basic sword) does? Or have I misunderstood it this whole last year?
    Officer - Level 68 - "The Bastion"
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    edited April 6
    skill could do that, or improve healing, or something else. However, the general consensus on the forum is that it's just not clear what it does, as it might not even affect healing. For sure it affects crit chance though
    I runed my yasmin with a lot of skill and hp. I remember finding little difference from the unruned yasmin.

Might be wrong ofc but I am sure everyone can confirm that it's not clear what it does.

Also, when Eej introduced himself on the forum (replacing Joel thread) I remember he kinda confirmed it's not so clear what it does, and we were due an explanation.
  • TenchigoTenchigo Member
    Can you please look into nerfing Koros, Shade, Viperia and Matsu Kira?
    Tenchigo wrote: »
    Can you please look into nerfing Koros, Shade, Viperia and Matsu Kira?

Why not Furnace , Cobra, Emily, Krexx, Bauble, Kai, Shadowblade, Aria, Zen and Jabber too?
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Alrighty then, time to unequip all my characters at the next free unequip event and redo my runes :/
    Officer - Level 68 - "The Bastion"
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • SabbroSabbro Member
    Thanks Eej, looking forward for the update!
  • Eej wrote: »
    Actually, it means low level players can battle completely through the leagues up to Legend I without encountering "soft ceiling" impossible matches.

Yes the Boss 100 is limited to 65+, but Legend rewards aren't insignificant.

Is there a reason why i dont see runes on final PvP leagues rewards? Have they been removed once this season? Im lvl 43 btw
  • I mean removed on this season
  • Eej wrote: »
    Actually, it means low level players can battle completely through the leagues up to Legend I without encountering "soft ceiling" impossible matches.

Yes the Boss 100 is limited to 65+, but Legend rewards aren't insignificant.

Is there a reason why i dont see runes on final PvP leagues rewards? Have they been removed once this season? Im lvl 43 btw

Joel said it's not supposed to be removed, but he stated it absolutely would have been fixed yesterday (Thursday) but of course didn't happen.

Maybe with today's update it'll be put back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did intend to remove it.
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    There was no intent to remove runes as rewards.
  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    The only opponent I'm seeing being refreshed is the opponent I choose to battle. Is this how it's suppose to work? Leaves me stuck way to many times with the easy opponent until I choose to lose against the medium or hard opponent just to refresh that one
  • ratlhed wrote: »
    The only opponent I'm seeing being refreshed is the opponent I choose to battle. Is this how it's suppose to work? Leaves me stuck way to many times with the easy opponent until I choose to lose against the medium or hard opponent just to refresh that one

That's how it's been since PvP was changed months ago with seasons. It's been brought up many times and I have no idea what the devs plans about that is. For now, it seems like it is staying.

I just wish VIP free refreshes would allow you to keep your streak.
  • What I don't understand is I'm seeing entries in the "Easy"? (left hand) slot vary anywhere from just below my team power to as hgih as the "right hand" (harder?) slot.

So if I refresh (lose streak, spend gold), I can get easier opponents, but if I "play it as it lays" I get a fair number of foes matched higher than I would prefer.

If its really supposed to be E/M/H then I'm curious how the selection algorhythm works.
  • PardonPardon Member
    Eej wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback on the runes. Our focus was getting the matchmaking changes in first - but Seasons "content" (rewards, etc.) is on the hitlist.

Why all such mystery...please, just tell us what runes are we running for if you can't fix the bug that shows blue one.

• kpung07kpung07 Member
    I may be in the minority here but I think once you hit the Legend I tier there shouldn't be any more easy and medium options. The top 100 used to be about skill and fighting the best defenses, now it’s just about the gem refreshes.
    edited April 12
    kpung07 wrote: »
    I may be in the minority here but I think once you hit the Legend I tier there shouldn't be any more easy and medium options. The top 100 used to be about skill and fighting the best defenses, now it’s just about the gem refreshes.

As I said in another post,at the moment I'm finding too many weak defenses as hard choice.I'm in top100 so I'd like to fight against other top100 players sometimes.
    But before yesterday there wasn't that problem.
  • What does "Streak" do for you in PvP? I'm only Gladiator II/I depending on my match-ups.
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    What does "Streak" do for you in PvP? I'm only Gladiator II/I depending on my match-ups.

It increases the amount of trophies earned per raid. It caps out at different amounts depending on your league.

I believe in Legend, it goes as high as +400, while Warlord is +375? Can't remember the rest.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    What does "Streak" do for you in PvP? I'm only Gladiator II/I depending on my match-ups.

It increases the amount of trophies earned per raid. It caps out at different amounts depending on your league.

I believe in Legend, it goes as high as +400, while Warlord is +375? Can't remember the rest.

Darn, all this time, I thought streak was to run around naked. No wonder my trophy count is so low.