Matchmaking Changes For New Season

124»

Comments

• bvs72 wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    What does "Streak" do for you in PvP? I'm only Gladiator II/I depending on my match-ups.

It increases the amount of trophies earned per raid. It caps out at different amounts depending on your league.

I believe in Legend, it goes as high as +400, while Warlord is +375? Can't remember the rest.

Darn, all this time, I thought streak was to run around naked. No wonder my trophy count is so low.

"Hey Ethel"...bu it was toooooo late.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Eej wrote: »
    SKL (the base hero Stat) affects CRIT chance, gives a small Healing bonus on Heals (based on the hero casting a heal, not receiving a heal), and can impact whether a debuff is resisted to a very slight degree (hero level makes more of a difference).

However, +SKL bonuses on Runes only currently affect +CRIT% (although pure +CRIT bonuses from Runes are more efficient) - the Healing bonus is not affected by +SKL from Runes (this is a long-standing issue).

With the upcoming SKL fix: all SKL (base hero and +SKL Rune bonuses) will affect CRIT% (same way as current), Healing bonus, and a slight bonus to Buff/Debuff effects.

Yes, was a very very long-standing issue. I first reported it back in September 2016 (link below). Very glad to see this will be fixed soon. Thanks

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/14649/skill-not-increasing-healing#latest
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    Just saying... this does not seem intended. Yes I have a high RP but that's no reason "Boss 100" players should be able to hit me down here.
    1nclqdfk55sh.png
    2ddcjl2hh08q.png
    wbod5on62ek0.png

TTS1000, Officer in Kings of Diamond
    level 70, Roster Power 326k, 512k trophies (stats from March 31st 2017)
  • There's no hiding. If you're in the same general level as another opponent you have a chance of showing up as a raidable defense regardless of the league/tier either of you occupy.

If you have a less than optimal roster composition, you might show up as an "Easy" or "Medium" target and be worth less trophies for them, but there's no hiding in lower leagues anymore.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • So how does the matchmaking actually work? Now it just feels broken.

I'm level 52 and got enough heroes which are 4 star with good runes and i've dropped myself from Gladiator down to Recruit but still mostly my opponents are level 52-55 with 5 to 6 star heroes?!

If I refresh enough I might sometimes get an opponent who I can beat but mostly I just lose a lot. If my enemies would be based on league tier I would imagine the opponents would be much easier at the bottom but somehow it feels like there is no difference between the bottom and higher leagues??
  • So how does the matchmaking actually work? Now it just feels broken.

I'm level 52 and got enough heroes which are 4 star with good runes and i've dropped myself from Gladiator down to Recruit but still mostly my opponents are level 52-55 with 5 to 6 star heroes?!

If I refresh enough I might sometimes get an opponent who I can beat but mostly I just lose a lot. If my enemies would be based on league tier I would imagine the opponents would be much easier at the bottom but somehow it feels like there is no difference between the bottom and higher leagues??

Couple options - try to slow your leveling, develop a stronger roster, crafting solid runes, and get some stars.

or

Speed up leveling, don't worry about PVP too much until you've hit lvl 70 region, then you'll be on an even playing field (level wise). And while you will struggle at the start, eventually you will be able to craft superior runes and complete end game content (epics / events) progressively easier.
  • Yeah, I guess you're right. It is just that even though they say you'll get an easy, normal and hard opponent that is not actually how it is. Most of the time even the easy one is way too hard and sometimes the hard one is the easiest. Just feels broken :/
  • I'm wondering the same.

Apparently my pathetic lvl 67 account is a "Hard" choice for top 10 (not 100, top 10) players.

I get blown away by lvl 70s rocking 5-6 star Koros... and somehow I'm a hard opponent?
  • BIGBENBIGBEN Member
    Is it possible to get the first green champion rune with % dmg instead of the new one? Is it a bug or we will really have such a strange rune?
  • Yeah, I guess you're right. It is just that even though they say you'll get an easy, normal and hard opponent that is not actually how it is. Most of the time even the easy one is way too hard and sometimes the hard one is the easiest. Just feels broken :/

I see the same. Am trying different combinations and not winning much. Would like PVP to play a bigger role in my playtime, but I guess I lack the skill to find the particular synergies/combinations that win in PvP.

Its really funny to see the "easy" one being way harder than the "hard" one...
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Trophies are awarded based on difficulty and league rank, you gain more trophies for defeating harder enemies and less for weaker enemies.

Wrong, until trophies are issues in fractions.

Trophies are awarded based on difficulty and league rank, you gain more trophies for defeating harder enemies and fewer for weaker enemies.

Right. Just saying...
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    So, realistically, as a L36 player, I could make Boss 100, by playing other L36s?? I'm in ChampII with minimal effort aside from timing my streaks for a few days and being able to handle the hard opponents (gaining close to 300 points/win by the end of the streak).
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    No. Only the highest level players will be in the Boss 100, even if you spend enough gems to get your trophy count up there with them.
    9gJSaHl.gif
124»