Dwarven Rune War! And Change To Koros

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
j3v5uf5jai67.png

Having weathered the Goblin onslaught, the Dwarves have begun a methodical advance on Goblin strongholds, vowing to eliminate the threat once and for all. While the main army goes head to head with the Goblins, King Valkin and a small, but elite force advance on the main Goblin stronghold via a hidden cave passage!

We have several quests available now and will be adding more on Friday and Sunday that will allow you to earn a bunch of tokens for Dwarf and Goblin heroes.

In addition, all Dwarves are getting the passive "Resolute Stance" for the duration of the event, which lets them deal 2x damage to enemies with a chance to dodge, and gives them 25% damage reduction from enemies with dodge chance. This passive applies in all game modes.

NOTE: There will be a slight delay to the start of this event, but it shouldn't be too long!

I completely blanked on a patch note, it's been a hectic few days. We have added the "magical" passive to Koros.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    edited April 5
    So, you post a forum post early, yet the event is going to be late?
  • appleapple Member
    Yeah dwarf in pvp meta. Cue complaints about free rune movement.
  • @Joel
    Joel wrote: »
    In addition, all Dwarves are getting the passive "Resolute Stance" for the duration of the event, which lets them deal 2x damage to enemies with a chance to dodge, and gives them 25% damage reduction from enemies with dodge chance. This passive applies in all game modes.
    "A chance to dodge" - like literally any chance to dodge? Like if I have a rune on my guy which happens to add like 1% dodge as a random secondary then suddenly dwarves do 2x damage to them?

centralcommand
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    What exactly is "ememies with chance to dodge"? Is it when an enemy has a buff that adds dodge, or if the hero has any dodge at all (passive, from runes, or buff)?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    NobodyPi wrote: »

I figured people would rather have the information and something to look forward to.
    @Joel
    "A chance to dodge" - like literally any chance to dodge? Like if I have a rune on my guy which happens to add like 1% dodge as a random secondary then suddenly dwarves do 2x damage to them?

Yes.
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

Why is this a problem for you? You'd rather them delay the event and not have a forum post telling us it's delayed?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 5
    @Joel

Almost certainly inherent chance to dodge ie: MK,SB, Aria. I feel like these buffs could be permanent. Anything to wipe MK off the map. Excited to play around with the buffs!

Edit looks like I was wrong. Man this was a huge nerf to a poor runes that rolled dodge for the week! Fortunately not too many people have dwarves on defense so it shouldn't be much of an issue.
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Why is this a problem for you? You'd rather them delay the event and not have a forum post telling us it's delayed?

Not a problem, just kind of ironic.
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

How is it ironic?

How is it ironic?

You wouldn't expect someone, who usually posts things about 3 minutes after the event comes out, to post it earlier, yet they already know the event will be later.
  • I love the idea of this event. Thanks Boss Fight!
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member

How is it ironic?

In an Alanis Morissette kinda way.
  • Does Therand do triple or quadruple damage against armored dodgy people (say first round furnace team with Bauble).
  • @Joel dwarves were mentioned to get some love sometime in the future, surely it isn't this temporary event long passive ?
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited April 5
    @Joel

Almost certainly inherent chance to dodge ie: MK,SB, Aria. I feel like these buffs could be permanent. Anything to wipe MK off the map. Excited to play around with the buffs!

Per Joel's post it appears that any chance to dodge, including from runes, activates the buff. That might make it a bit harder to plan around.
  • Wow I read the new passive trait wrong. I thought it meant the dwarves did 2x damage to anyone and they also gain additional chance to dodge. And then I read the next part where they get damage reduction and more chance to dodge.

But really, it is that dwarves will do 2x damage and receive 25% dmg reduction from enemies that have any sort of ability to dodge.
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    @Joel - So now we need to go check all our runes on PVP heroes for any Dodge stat, as even a slight bonus will make a huge difference this week. Can you please consider a free rune unequip period for such a drastic potential meta change?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 5
    D_Rodd wrote: »
    @Joel - So now we need to go check all our runes on PVP heroes for any Dodge stat, as even a slight bonus will make a huge difference this week. Can you please consider a free rune unequip period for such a drastic potential meta change?

It will really only matter if people start putting Rogar/Valkin on more defenses. As far as I know currently only Goose is running a defense with a dwarf (Valkin) which was easily countered by Viperia/Lily (Neither who have dodge). If the Meta starts to become inundated with dwarves, it could get quite annoying however.

At lower tiers where people are potentially running dwarves just because, it could be even more annoying to the average joe player who has no idea why his hero was just destroyed (They are also far more likely to be using a random rune with a dodge stat).

I definitely think this would have been way better if it was just heroes with inherent dodge.
    Hopefully they don't make all dwarves fast like the superior dungeon :P
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited April 5
    I figured people would rather have the information and something to look forward to.

I, for one, was happy to see your posting, and would have done the same. I was, and I'm sure many other players were, expecting to know at the regularly scheduled 3PM time, what the new event would be. In fact, I would not have minded if you posted it earlier today or even yesterday with the knowledge that it was not to be in effect yet.

Its clear to me you prepared the post way ahead of time and at the last minute had to add the "Delay" note.

Delays happen, thanks for keeping us posted.

@Joel could you tell us about what the delay is? About an hour like the new PvP?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Joel could you tell us about what the delay is? About an hour like the new PvP?

It should actually be live within the next few minutes. :)
  • BlothBloth Member
    I see you guys left out the totem chest this go round in the event shop.
    Is there only the one event dungeon? If not, how do I unlock the others?
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Questions:

-Will we see a new epic along with this event?
    -Will we see dwarf buffs/changes to incentivise working for the dwarf tokens a bit more? Especially for Dagrund.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • AceyNB wrote: »
    Questions:

-Will we see dwarf buffs/changes to incentivise working for the dwarf tokens a bit more? Especially for Dagrund.

This was essentially verified in the summit log 2 weeks ago. Dagrund is getting the next epic that will come along with some buffs. I would assume it will hit on Friday.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    AceyNB wrote: »
    Questions:

This was essentially verified in the summit log 2 weeks ago. Dagrund is getting the next epic that will come along with some buffs. I would assume it will hit on Friday.

Yeah, I remember the mention in the summit. Was just hoping to make sure so I can know what to expect for the event.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I Have a feeling there will be a new dwarf hero

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • I wish Resolute Stance would stay..but this event is still very promising! I always love the Rune War events!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • -WIN- 2 pvp matches with Dagrund on your team as opposed to -FINISH- 2 pvp matches with Dagrund on your team?

His first ability is not offensive, and I've been relying on 4 offensive abilities to win any pvp matches. Won 1 out of the first 8.

Maybe its me, but that seems a little steep...maybe I'll grow into it...