Event Idea: Survival Mode!

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Something I really really want to see, whether it be a daily event like the Tower of PWNage, or a temporary event like any other, is a survival game mode. You select four heroes to survive against waves of enemies until they're defeated. To shake things up, after one team is defeated, you won't be able to use those four heroes the next day. Or the next event, or the next day of the event. Whichever. That way, people can't just find a broken team to get super far every day. Or perhaps, the types of enemies could change every day/event to make using the same team over and over a bad idea. It would force players to think about their team comp. The rewards for the event would be based off of rounds survived, more rounds survived equals better rewards. One thing I'm unsure of though is how the actual level set-up would work. One option would be to have basically an infinite dungeon, and each "wave" is a new room. I think it would be neat to make an entirely new level theme designed to look like the town your heroes walk around in all the time. As if you're defending your own home. That way would benefit some heroes more than others, however, as Plant heroes on a team with Lilly could grow all the way up to 8 stacks, whereas if they moved after every wave the stacks would reset. In this event, the devs could practically ensure nobody could find a team that lasts forever by making each wave harder and harder using a simple number calculator, such that after so-and-so number of waves, enemies will pretty much just one-shot all your toons no matter what you do. They'll slowly gather passives each wave until they make Boss Mode boss enemies look sad. They'll gain ridiculous passives like, "This enemy ignores Aegis Shield", or, "Wounds foes on basic attacks or when hit by a physical attack", ect. What do you guys think? Would it make a fun event? Would it take too long and just end up as an annoyance? Feedback greatly appreciated!
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• I really like an event like this, seems really fun. I'm assuming there would be quest/rewards for beating X amount of waves. And also maybe a leaderboard for farthest wave reached just to glorify that person :^). And much like season people that complete the most waves get something, I dunno. And yeah I like the idea of enemies being changed in order to counter the team you're using making you have to switch each time. I would say though, when you switch out a hero you can't use them for X amount of time, not just daily because somebody could just keep switching the same heroes over and over. Something like using mangle jaw cause it's a room of unarmored enemies, then the next wave has armor so you bring Mr. Fiddle, vice versa. Other than that I would really enjoy an event like this cause I don't do the tower much, but this seems a lot more fun than the tower!
    A useless fat tub of lard, with no social skills that you don't and shouldn't have to listen to. May Adele call me depressed meme at this point :^) Just kidding. I think. I hope. Pretty sure. Yeah. Pretty sure
  • danacdanac Member
    That's already what I feel like for every superior boss island dungeon.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    upsetmeme wrote: »
    I really like an event like this, seems really fun. I'm assuming there would be quest/rewards for beating X amount of waves. And also maybe a leaderboard for farthest wave reached just to glorify that person :^). And much like season people that complete the most waves get something, I dunno. And yeah I like the idea of enemies being changed in order to counter the team you're using making you have to switch each time. I would say though, when you switch out a hero you can't use them for X amount of time, not just daily because somebody could just keep switching the same heroes over and over. Something like using mangle jaw cause it's a room of unarmored enemies, then the next wave has armor so you bring Mr. Fiddle, vice versa. Other than that I would really enjoy an event like this cause I don't do the tower much, but this seems a lot more fun than the tower!

You don't get to swap heroes each wave. Otherwise you'd have to basically exhaust your entire roster every day and, quite frankly, that'd be tiring.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • I love the idea to be honest. It would add some life back into the game. It seems as if we're stuck in a "routine" each and every day. The same exact things over and over and over and over and..... you get the point...
    Favorite Hero: High King Valkin