Introducing Dagrund's Epic: Veth's Mace! (Plus, Other Dagrund Buffs)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
d4byxcw5u81n.png

Using blueprints given to him by a dear friend, Dagrund has just finished forging his epic, a mace with the power to both hurt his enemies and heal his allies!

Dagrund's epic increases his defense, attack, and crit chance. During an epic attack, he does 3x base damage, and then lifesteals for all allies.

In addition, we have made the following changes to Dagrund. These are separate from his Epic.
  • Energy Rune's cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 6, and Dagrund now heals himself in addition to the targeted ally.
  • Smack Down has been replaced with Dwarven Smack Down, which has all Dwarf allies do a basic attack on the same target.
  • Dwarven Heart I/II/III: A new passive that increases the health of all Dwarven allies by 15%/25%/40%
  • At his second ascension, Caster Spirit becomes Caster Spirit II, which increases the attack of Caster allies by 25% (Caster Spirit I still increases it by 15%)
  • At his first and second ascension, Dagrund gets Forgotten Lore I/II respectively. If on a team with High King Valkin, Dagrund will heal all Dwarf allies by 10%/15% each turn.
  • Dagrund's base defense, health, and skill have all been buffed!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Nice, "Veth's Mace".
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    He has really nice synergy with drawves now.
  • These changes sound awesome! Can't wait try try out some dwarf teams.
  • Joveth would be proud!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Finally!! My dwarf team :D When is it live?
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @Joel how many turns does the epic lifesteal last?
  • Joveth left too soon!
  • KaceyKacey Member
    DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    kpung07 wrote: »

"Lifesteals" is a verb in this case. It heals all allies based on the amount of damage dealt by the attack, it does not give the team a passive leech.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    kpung07 wrote: »

I think it is just for the epic attack.
    Kind of like Yorick's epic
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    If only we can now get some synergies with Hagrim or Therand, a dwarf auto-run team could be quite nice
    Especially with Valkin being able to make an ally do an attack, that can make Dagrund trigger his epic and do some great healing!
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    edited April 7
    @Joel - I'm not seeing Dagrund's epic pack in the shop, though it is mentioned in the event notes. Will that be available later today?

EDIT: Thank you for the free rune unequip!
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    What a tease! My dark boss island is locked and it's usually open at previous Epic launches. Austraila time Sat morning so I have red blue green. Any chance of unlocking it so I don't have to wait a whole day? Much appreciated.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    @Joel I see the runes have been updated for pvp. Is the red rune correct? It has DR stats. Just double checking.
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks for honoring the late Jov' <3
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Brazy wrote: »
    @Joel I see the runes have been updated for pvp. Is the red rune correct? It has DR stats. Just double checking.

I have a feeling they are hesitant to push out more 10% pvp damage runes. Damage Reduction runes are far less potentially "game breaking" than crazy attack runes.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited April 7
    Brazy wrote: »

I have a feeling they are hesitant to push out more 10% pvp damage runes. Damage Reduction runes are far less potentially "game breaking" than crazy attack runes.

I agree about the pvp dmg runes. But just odd seeing a red with DR. I just hope it isn't a mix up that's all (meaning it should've been blue like the top 100 one, instead of red)
  • Joel wrote: »
    The end of season runes are indeed bugged. The runes will be red, but won't have damage reduction, because red runes don't have damage reduction by definition. If released, they would cause a paradox that would open a hole in spacetime, threatening our entire universe. We've employed a Doctor to fix things.

Well if they have pvp damage % I suppose I welcome the continued growing disparity between top 100 and everyone else /s
  • HollandOrcHollandOrc Member
    edited April 7
    osibyymp1ddv.png

ducking fell, i just saw that episode a few days ago...

forgive me for not knowing what happened to Joveth. I noticed his absence, but i didn't know that he left.

• Can I just ask that we get the details of the new red rune reward before the end of the free rune unequip?
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    edited April 7
    Joel wrote: »
    The end of season runes are indeed bugged. The runes will be red, but won't have damage reduction, because red runes don't have damage reduction by definition. If released, they would cause a paradox that would open a hole in spacetime, threatening our entire universe. We've employed a Doctor to fix things.

Wait,so we'll not have blue runes for this season?
    And are red runes stats the same as green champion runes?
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Can I just ask that we get the details of the new red rune reward before the end of the free rune unequip?

Why tho
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited April 7
    I rightfully claim royalty sales on all purchases spent towards acquiring this epic.

Patent pending.

df2ljwretdg5.png
    Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: [ 6th | 6th | 6th | 3rd | 2nd | 6th | 1st | 10th | 5th ]
    Seasons: [ 6th | 5th | 5th | 4th | 6th ]
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Joveth It's official! You're epic!
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • dryaddryad Member
    Joel wrote: »

@Joel : This is the best blue-ink post ever!!!
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    edited April 7
    AceyNB wrote: »
    Can I just ask that we get the details of the new red rune reward before the end of the free rune unequip?

Why tho
    because he expects to get those runes this season and wants to save $ to unrune now.

• I love the name of the weapon, knowing where the name comes from makes me happy :)
    I'm more excited than ever to bring Dagrund out for a spin.
    I just need to work on unlocking Valkin now...