MK - Balanced Hero

MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
edited April 9 in My Dungeon Discussion

After experiencing this super fun streak destroying match, I just wanted to share it with everyone else.

MK is 100% balanced and working as intended.

Comments

• After experiencing this super fun streak destroying match, I just wanted to share it with everyone else.

MK is 100% balanced and working as intended.

It really is frustrating. @Eej @Joel
    j81ezc.gif
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I hate to say bad RNG is to blame but... it sorta is. Dude's probably runed up the wazoo with evasion. You could have checked his runes before entering and then brought a hero who can either freeze or has perfect swing.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    I hate to say bad RNG is to blame but... it sorta is. Dude's probably runed up the wazoo with evasion. You could have checked his runes before entering and then brought a hero who can either freeze or has perfect swing.

Mk's base evasion is the maximum of 25%
  • @JackHallow666, MK innately has 25% dodge, which also happens to be the dodge cap. You don't need to check runes to know that.

But @MattCauthron, that also wasn't the best team choice to take in since MK could in fact be better taken care of by a perfect swinging freezer.
    seanlucky wrote: »
    @JackHallow666, MK innately has 25% dodge, which also happens to be the dodge cap. You don't need to check runes to know that.

But @MattCauthron, that also wasn't the best team choice to take in since MK could in fact be better taken care of by a perfect swinging freezer.

Oh yeah, forgot the cap is 25%. My b.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 9
    seanlucky wrote: »
    @JackHallow666, MK innately has 25% dodge, which also happens to be the dodge cap. You don't need to check runes to know that.

Having lost numerous times bringing Kai furnace bauble valkin against that exact setup I would tend to disagree. Shade almost never dies to my valkins opening move and then can one shot valkin the very next turn. Koros will live when he's not crit and inevitably get a triple attack on furnace killing him and then I have no way to kill emily.

Maybe this game just play vastly differently for other people than it does for me.

@JackHallow666 I love the hero sketches that you do but you know so little about pvp your advice is almost painful to read >.< you can't see stats on runes and freezing would be a terrible choice here (unless you meant valkin which I referenced above). But I think you meant icebloom who would die before getting to move.
    Post edited by MattCauthron on
  • I completely agree with the sentiments here, but be fair the ladder climb is stupid easy right now so you'll probably recover pretty quick.
  • SilvanusSilvanus Member
    Remove his tenacity and everything else will be fine. His damage output will decrease with the upcoming changes to attack stacking. Dodge is...well...RNG.
    IGN: Xanathra
  • KaceyKacey Member
    25% dodge chance™
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • AceyNB wrote: »
    25% dodge chance™

Funny thing is, I find that MK feels like he has a 25% to not dodge. lol. The other 75% is "Working as intended"
    j81ezc.gif
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 10
    itirnitii wrote: »
    I completely agree with the sentiments here, but be fair the ladder climb is stupid easy right now so you'll probably recover pretty quick.
    While easy - once a player maxes at 20+ losing that really sucks...it's a HUGE boost; at Legend:
    • E = 180
    • M = 260
    • H = 400
    Climbing & maintaining position in the Top 100 is pretty competitive too since everyone knows how to work & protect their streaks.

@MattCauthron you really got hosed here. This is what almost infuriates me, especially since I have a M.A. where I took grad level statistics, the probability of that many consecutive dodges places it as a fourth standard deviation outlier; in a normal distribution that equates to less than 0.1%
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »
    I completely agree with the sentiments here, but be fair the ladder climb is stupid easy right now so you'll probably recover pretty quick.
    While easy - once a player maxes at 20+ losing that really sucks...it's a HUGE boost; at Legend:
    • E = 180
    • M = 260
    • H = 400
    Climbing & maintaining position in the Top 100 is pretty competitive too since everyone knows how to work & protect their streaks.

I'm curious what you mean by this... as I have no idea how to "work and protect" my streak.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 10
    @MattCauthron this is the first season I've been able to actually compete for Top 100, but I quickly learned the value of NOT losing my streak & how to protect it using the hourly refreshes. If I can't achieve at least 10+ easily when I start playing in the mornings - I won't hesitate to refresh. My opening 8 or so matches I might take something I consider "risky" - I don't have Koros or Gorgons so there are some teams I simply won't fight - but if I think the odds might be 60:40 for more Trophies I'll take the fight. Once I hit 10+ getting to 20+ becomes the goal - I don't care how many E I have to beat to get there.

20+ I'm in full protect mode, I will play E/M/H, whoever I can beat when I basically know the fight is guaranteed. I won't risk losing my streak unless I absolutely have to which only occurs when two 1 hour refreshes elapse where the teams are what I consider "risky".

I'm looking at your profile and I can see that you fight a steady diet of H & M - your average trophy / win ~ 345.3 whereas my average is 177.6 as I almost solely feast on E to protect my streak. Top 100 breaks down into balancing quality wins vs quantity; Pupuer who is currently Rank 3 has an average of 181.5 taking a similar approach to mine - protect the streak.

I wish I could take more quality fights, but there are some compositions and players with vastly superior runes than me and I'm still learning / experimenting what works with the roster I have - I've only played DB for ~4 months.
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @MattCauthron this is the first season I've been able to actually compete for Top 100, but I quickly learned the value of NOT losing my streak & how to protect it using the hourly refreshes. If I can't achieve at least 10+ easily when I start playing in the mornings - I won't hesitate to refresh. My opening 8 or so matches I might take something I consider "risky" - I don't have Koros or Gorgons so there are some teams I simply won't fight - but if I think the odds might be 60:40 for more Trophies I'll take the fight. Once I hit 10+ getting to 20+ becomes the goal - I don't care how many E I have to beat to get there.

20+ I'm in full protect mode, I will play E/M/H, whoever I can beat when I basically know the fight is guaranteed. I won't risk losing my streak unless I absolutely have to which only occurs when two 1 hour refreshes elapse where the teams are what I consider "risky".

I'm looking at your profile and I can see that you fight a steady diet of H & M - your average trophy / win ~ 345.3 whereas my average is 177.6 as I almost solely feast on E to protect my streak. Top 100 breaks down into balancing quality wins vs quantity; Pupuer who is currently Rank 3 has an average of 181.5 taking a similar approach to mine - protect the streak.

I wish I could take more quality fights, but there are some compositions and players with vastly superior runes than me and I'm still learning / experimenting what works with the roster I have - I've only played DB for ~4 months.

Ah okay just making sure there wasn't something I was missing! I certainly have taken a few medium fights to "protect the streak" I suppose haha
  • Ah okay just making sure there wasn't something I was missing! I certainly have taken a few medium fights to "protect the streak" I suppose haha

I bet you thought he was referring to apm, eh? :p

Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
    Maybe once they buff the dwarves some more they'll be viable in stopping MK. I can see Rogar, Valkin, Therand, actually all the dwarves except Dagrund, getting more Synergy and new passives and moves to make them more viable together and on their own. Perhaps Valkin or Rogar will soon be able to put a stop to the MK menace... now if only we had a hard counter to Shade. Leo should make his team immune to Fear and Haunting, as he is the "Avatar of Light".
  • Hompipah wrote: »
    Ah okay just making sure there wasn't something I was missing! I certainly have taken a few medium fights to "protect the streak" I suppose haha

I bet you thought he was referring to apm, eh? :p

Hah that thought actually didn't occur to me. My initial thought was a way to "force" refresh your opponents. I certainly hope this is not possible!
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited April 11
    I just play the hard option every time, mathematically if you always get above 11 wins it's better than ever playing a medium match. With the system rarely actually ever giving me a truly "hard" match up in the hard slot, getting streaks above 50 is pretty simple if you have the roster and know what heroes to use and how to rune them. I think I would be being generous if I were to say 9 out of 10 of the "hard" choices given to me are unloseable for me at the moment.

Granted, human error is a thing and sometimes I folly and find myself not looking over the match-up long enough before selecting my heroes, or become lazy after grinding too long, or just outright attack the wrong hero with the wrong skill. I typically play Hearthstone arena at the same time I pvp on here to break up the mundane, so it isn't uncommon for my multitasking abilities to betray me.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    I just play the hard option every time, mathematically if you always get above 11 wins it's better than ever playing a medium match.

<<< Doesn't always get above an 11 streak. But I've been too lazy to calculate that number so thank you for providing it!
  • If you ever need insights I'm on line, same user name.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    If you ever need insights I'm on line, same user name.

Sometimes streaks are hard when you have ^^ the above happening to you on a far too consistent basis haha but I'll definitely hit you up on line sometime.
  • danacdanac Member
    I just play the hard option every time, mathematically if you always get above 11 wins it's better than ever playing a medium match. With the system rarely actually ever giving me a truly "hard" match up in the hard slot, getting streaks above 50 is pretty simple if you have the roster and know what heroes to use and how to rune them. I think I would be being generous if I were to say 9 out of 10 of the "hard" choices given to me are unloseable for me at the moment.

you SAY that, but you keep attacking ME. I hear I'm far right, but that seems fishy to me.

And YOU might think it's easy or simple, but for those of us who don't have vastly superior runes, seeing a team with 5 k runes is one to avoid.
  • yeah, it's only easy if you have the runes and know where to place them. Knowing the meta and what tactics are viable and how to rune your heroes to take the most advantage possible with the fewest resources needed is key.

It'd be nice if the game had a meta snapshot of sorts! If I had the time I'd consider it.
  • @danac you are far right....i ran into you earlier
  • It can be frustrating facing any hero with 25% dodge that gets on a winning streak. Like others, I question whether the RNG is working as intended.

However, I see one set of over-powered heroes defeating another set of them, so my sympathy is limited.

MK needs a major rethink (removing tenacity is not enough) but so does Koros and Shade and the almost-impervious Emily.
  • Esmenoth wrote: »
    It can be frustrating facing any hero with 25% dodge that gets on a winning streak. Like others, I question whether the RNG is working as intended.

However, I see one set of over-powered heroes defeating another set of them, so my sympathy is limited.

MK needs a major rethink (removing tenacity is not enough) but so does Koros and Shade and the almost-impervious Emily.

I'm hardly looking for sympathy here. I want to play a balanced game. It would be silly to not use "broken" heroes if they are available to you and your competition. That doesn't mean you have to enjoy using them (I certainly don't feel good when I dish out equal amounts of ****. It doesn't feel like I deserved the win).
  • RexobRexob Member
    @Esmenoth even if heroes are tweaked the meta will shift to a subset that is generally accepted by the player base as the most effective.

MK dodging that many times consecutively, while possible, is a borderline statistical anomaly

25%^4 = .00391%

I didn't watch the entire vid, but if he Dodged a fifth

25%^5 = .00098%
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    The computer circuit that determnes if MK will dodge is proprietary BS, mean BF technology.

l40hsbhcbcxb.png
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Honestly I'm fine with the crazy dodging it's the fact that he can kill any hero placed before him that makes me hate him even while diseased and the occasional drench that gets a lucky hit he still does insane damage
  • danacdanac Member
    @danac you are far right....i ran into you earlier

I know. I put your name on my list too.

[truth be told, I'm mildly curious about being far right. My total hero power is ranked 972, and I don't have many good runes. But I do put the best ones I have on my PVP teams, so that probably ups my placing a bit.]