MK - Balanced Hero

2»

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    @danac you are far right....i ran into you earlier

I know. I put your name on my list too.

[truth be told, I'm mildly curious about being far right. My total hero power is ranked 972, and I don't have many good runes. But I do put the best ones I have on my PVP teams, so that probably ups my placing a bit.]

I honestly thought you mean politically far right for a second.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • EsmenothEsmenoth Member
    edited April 13
    I'm hardly looking for sympathy here. I want to play a balanced game. It would be silly to not use "broken" heroes if they are available to you and your competition. That doesn't mean you have to enjoy using them (I certainly don't feel good when I dish out equal amounts of ****. It doesn't feel like I deserved the win).

I do not believe that you were not looking for sympathy. It's a very human thing to do, to seek understanding from others.
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @Esmenoth even if heroes are tweaked the meta will shift to a subset that is generally accepted by the player base as the most effective.

True, but there are degrees, and the current potency difference between the front runners and the pack is much greater than if you reduced the effectveness of MK, Shade, Koros and a few others.

I sometimes wonder if the real problem isn't the silence ability on fast heroes and whether this led the developers to bring more fast heroes that could sidestep those tactics, instigating a seemingly unending war of silver bullets.
  • Esmenoth wrote: »
    I'm hardly looking for sympathy here. I want to play a balanced game. It would be silly to not use "broken" heroes if they are available to you and your competition. That doesn't mean you have to enjoy using them (I certainly don't feel good when I dish out equal amounts of ****. It doesn't feel like I deserved the win).

I do not believe that you were not looking for sympathy. It's a very human thing to do, to seek understanding from others.

You are free to believe whatever you want. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. You're wrong of course, but billions of other people are also wrong every single day, so you certainly aren't alone. If you would like to also believe I come from mars and am actually a savant monkey... be my guest good sir!
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 13
    @Esmenoth Lily, Bauble, Koros, Grog Gnog are the most recently released heroes and all Normal speed, I might be missing one... Rocky is fast when FA after the rework. Fast heroes with silences at the beginning: Torchy & Rocky, Indigo can but not guaranteed - these are easily countered without using Fast heroes.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @Esmenoth Lily, Bauble, Koros, Grog Gnog are the most recently released heroes and all Normal speed, I might be missing one... Rocky is fast when FA after the rework. Fast heroes with silences at the beginning: Torchy & Rocky, Indigo can but not guaranteed - these are easily countered without using Fast heroes.

Reptiles are top tier normal speed and were at least recently buffed. Fast heroes are certainly an issue overall. I mentioned this when they made the rocky changes, specifically asking about the overall direction in needing to be fast to be relevant. (Or resurrected or damage immune).
  • RexobRexob Member
    Reptiles are top tier normal speed and were at least recently buffed. Fast heroes are certainly an issue overall. I mentioned this when they made the rocky changes, specifically asking about the overall direction in needing to be fast to be relevant. (Or resurrected or damage immune).
    I was mostly illustrating that the Devs haven't been flooding the scene with a lot of Fast heroes as Esmenoth suggested, "led the developers to bring more fast heroes that could sidestep those tactics, instigating a seemingly unending war of silver bullets".

• danacdanac Member
    If you would like to also believe I come from mars and am actually a savant monkey... be my guest good sir!

ooh! I would! I would!
  • danacdanac Member
    Rexob wrote: »
    I was mostly illustrating that the Devs haven't been flooding the scene with a lot of Fast heroes as Esmenoth suggested, "led the developers to bring more fast heroes that could sidestep those tactics, instigating a seemingly unending war of silver bullets".

Flooding is strong, but... Kai, Zen, Ember, Shade, the bunny, Lupina, and Rocky were all released, reworked to be fast.

That pretty much doubles the number of fasts even as the total number has gone up from about 50 to 70 heroes.

• RexobRexob Member
    edited April 14
    DB has 13/72 Fast heroes, pretty sure I counted correctly; 18%. Previously if there were 6/50 = 12%.

Obviously an increase, but almost every hero released and rework shifts the meta regardless of speed now; some more than others.
  • danac wrote: »
    itirnitii wrote: »
    I just play the hard option every time, mathematically if you always get above 11 wins it's better than ever playing a medium match. With the system rarely actually ever giving me a truly "hard" match up in the hard slot, getting streaks above 50 is pretty simple if you have the roster and know what heroes to use and how to rune them. I think I would be being generous if I were to say 9 out of 10 of the "hard" choices given to me are unloseable for me at the moment.

you SAY that, but you keep attacking ME. I hear I'm far right, but that seems fishy to me.

And YOU might think it's easy or simple, but for those of us who don't have vastly superior runes, seeing a team with 5 k runes is one to avoid.

@danac 1xbcgkrat2se.png
    Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: [ 6th | 6th | 6th | 3rd | 2nd | 6th | 1st | 10th | 5th ]
    Seasons: [ 6th | 5th | 5th | 4th | 6th ]
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    I just play the hard option every time, mathematically if you always get above 11 wins it's better than ever playing a medium match. With the system rarely actually ever giving me a truly "hard" match up in the hard slot, getting streaks above 50 is pretty simple if you have the roster and know what heroes to use and how to rune them. I think I would be being generous if I were to say 9 out of 10 of the "hard" choices given to me are unloseable for me at the moment.

you SAY that, but you keep attacking ME. I hear I'm far right, but that seems fishy to me.

And YOU might think it's easy or simple, but for those of us who don't have vastly superior runes, seeing a team with 5 k runes is one to avoid.

26k isn't that strong. Not with teams well over 30.
    Plus there's two epics on that team.

iirc, there's 2 or 3 total superiors on entire team.
    I don't expect it to win much, just waiting to rune some other heroes before i make a halfway decent defense.

• PardonPardon Member
    AceyNB wrote: »
    25% dodge chance™

Funny thing is, I find that MK feels like he has a 25% to not dodge. lol. The other 75% is "Working as intended"

This is the real problem as the % is not 25% especially when he is in defence and epic and tenacity too trigger too much times.
    In any case @MattCauthron you choose wrong team to encounter Kira.
    In my opinion he should not be nerfed (he is one of the old warrior can be used in many situations in pvp)...he should only be fixed as the % are broken when he is in defence.

• kpung07kpung07 Member
    I just had a frozen MK dodge 2 attacks which I find ridiculous.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Since I am lazy, I don't always look at the opponents runes before PVP for lower powered teams. I just had a MK hit and kill Kobal, get diseased, and then proceed to wipe out the rest of my team. I would love a feature where you could look at the opponents runes after the match to see what made MK such a stud. Also, I though they changed it so that frozen heroes could not dodge.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @bvs72 Aria was on his team so I think that had something to do with him dodging while frozen.
2»