Top 100 rune...pre season 9 Confusion

@Eej @Joel

Please confirm if the top 100 rune is remaining a blue champion or is it going to change to a red rune to match the colour going out as league prizes?

Ive heard some rumours of it switching but would like formal confirmation please since this will significantly impact how many gems and hours I spend on the remainder of pvp.

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    Yykkil wrote: »
    Maybe not the entire answer you are looking for but here:

But are these the droids he's looking for?
  • LietoLieto Member
    @Yykkil.

I see that as referencing the red runes currently displayed as the league prizes and completely separate to the blue top 100 prize.

This is the 5th week of Blue for the top 100 I think. So some players perhaps took the week off. If the rune now flips to red near the end of the season, I can imagine a lot of angry people... Not to mention the folk that dumped gems all season to win a blue only for this to get swapped out (some people may well really want the blue rune and have been investing time and gems accordingly).

I think we need formal Word because there is certainly concern fusion out there...
  • PardonPardon Member
    The point is that the rune will be red and not blu as they wrote but is hows blue in top 100 for a bug.
    The point is another one...the top players are grinding but they running blinded and this is not nice and if BF cannot fix this bug they should at least tell us what are we running for.....this lack of transparency is very irritating.
  • LietoLieto Member
    @Joel - any chance of some confirmation? Would be really appreciated. Cheers
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The runes will be Red and will have a primary attack buff. The other buffs will be attack (again), health, and damage versus armored enemies. Sorry it's taken so long to get these in, they'll be there soon!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • LietoLieto Member
    Joel wrote: »
    The runes will be Red and will have a primary attack buff. The other buffs will be attack (again), health, and damage versus armored enemies. Sorry it's taken so long to get these in, they'll be there soon!

Thanks @Joel - and we are talking the top 100 runes here that are currently advertised as "Blue Champion"?
  • Joel wrote: »

What about those of us who have been spending gems all week fighting for these runes advertised?
    Changing them so late is kind of a slap in the face.
    I did rerune my heroes leaving a spot open for these runes to save on gold since it is quite expensive when I still need gold for so much

• Joel wrote: »

What about those of us who have been spending gems all week fighting for these runes advertised?
    Changing them so late is kind of a slap in the face.
    I did rerune my heroes leaving a spot open for these runes to save on gold since it is quite expensive when I still need gold for so much

Not the most valid argument for you personally as they announced it was a mistake the first day. Now for the vast majority of players who aren't on the forum that have no idea... Well to be fair not many of the people in the top 100 are in that group but it's still a good point in regard to poor communication.
  • @joel @eej i suggest u guys setup daily/weekly annoucement in game whenever player login they will receive this annoucement regarding the issue/latest event so that people who arent on the forum can know any information/changes...
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • LietoLieto Member
    @MattCauthron. Sorry. I missed the forum post.

Please (other than @Joel's response which I think might only be talking about the league runes) link me to where they say that the top 100 rune is advertised in error and will indeed be a red attack.

The implied subject of everything I've read has been the league runes which have stats that should not exist in the game... Unlike the top 100 rune which is a normal rune and it being offered as a prize would be considered a "mistake" rather than a bug needing corrective action. I personally think it reckless to correct a mistake so late in the season but either way, I just wanted absolute clarity what the reward is given I'm spending gems and quite a lot of time on pvp right now.
  • PardonPardon Member
    As far sa I try I can't imagine a valid reason to justify the fact that this information was released so late. Many of us competed and fought in the PvP thinking that this rune would have been similar to the green champion, while it's not comparable to that.
    It's a good rune but nothing special: 1) of all it's a rune that you can craft also by yourself; second it has not pvp bonus while green and blue had a pvp buff.
    There is not written that all the rewards must have pvp buff and it can be under some point of view even reasonable not to do it, but we had to know it in advance and for this reason we all deserve some kind of compensation for this lack of information.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Pardon wrote: »
    As far sa I try I can't imagine a valid reason to justify the fact that this information was released so late. Many of us competed and fought in the PvP thinking that this rune would have been similar to the green champion, while it's not comparable to that.
    It's a good rune but nothing special: 1) of all it's a rune that you can craft also by yourself; second it has not pvp bonus while green and blue had a pvp buff.
    There is not written that all the rewards must have pvp buff and it can be under some point of view even reasonable not to do it, but we had to know it in advance and for this reason we all deserve some kind of compensation for this lack of information.

You could just go craft it then, nobody is stopping you. I, for one am looking forward to attack with health to put on valkin.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 11
    You guys need to learn to read blue posts...they said Friday that the red Rune graphic was bugged - Link.

@Pardon lmao - "deserve compensation" bc the Devs didn't communicate something, have you been playing every pre-season? There's a LOT the Devs haven't communicated...
    IGN: N00BST4R
  • nunyanunya Member
    Meh. As mistakes go it was minor. And they are still pretty, shiny runes. :)
    nunya
  • LietoLieto Member
    edited April 11
    Rexob wrote: »
    You guys need to learn to read blue posts...they said Friday that the red Rune graphic was bugged - Link.

@Pardon lmao - "deserve compensation" bc the Devs didn't communicate something, have you been playing every pre-season? There's a LOT the Devs haven't communicated...

@Rexob -

I am really trying to be clear...but for clarity, you know I am talking about the BLUE top 100 PVP rune, right?...and not the bugged red ones which I have always understood were going to change.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 11
    Based on every other PS where the runes have been identical, other than the quality, & Joel's comment - I doubt the trend changes.

@nunya I couldn't agree more - I still can't justify the materials & gems required to roll for Superior when most of my Greaters are 5* Legendary. I'll eventually get to that point, but I'm still trying to max out epics where I know what the outcome is lol.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Rexob compared to the cost for rolling superiors, gem refreshes for the top 100 are actually cheap. :)
    nunya
  • RexobRexob Member
    @nunya I completely agree, although I'm not sure if I make this push again - not until I can consistently win M-H more often; without Koros or Gorgons there are quite a few teams I avoid. I'm 423-9, where Sunday I started playing and nursed a 144 Streak into Monday morning at 1am lol.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Rexob that is awesome :). congratulations :)
    nunya
  • PardonPardon Member
    The compensation should be given because we played blinded and this rune is not so good as we could expect.
    This can be also reasonable not to overpower the top 100 players but it should have said at the beginning of the competition.
  • nunyanunya Member
    Everything doesn't need compensation. :(. Sometimes things just happen.
    nunya
  • JaxBoomstickJaxBoomstick Member
    edited April 11
    Photoshop mock up.
    p76o8nwdx85c.jpg
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 11
    @Pardon start a petition if you really feel wronged, at most you'll have 99 signatures assuming everyone else in the Top 100 reads it and signs...

99 bc I'm in the Top 100 and don't feel compensation is warranted; PvP is fun again. I'm not going to complain bc the Superior Rune, which is basically a perfect roll, wasn't fully disclosed at the beginning.
  • RexobRexob Member
    As expected the Top 100 Rune is the same as the season reward.
  • LietoLieto Member
    Rexob wrote: »
    As expected the Top 100 Rune is the same as the season reward.

Yep - I see that now...Time to grind...