Tower of Pwnage is Frustrating

A few weeks ago while at lvl 57 or 58 I was finally able to complete the Tower of Pwnage. I was very excited because it took a long time to finally be able to do it. I am now lvl 61 with better runes then I had back at 58 and I can't get past the 9th floor. WHAT HAPPENED????

Comments

• Jason1970 wrote: »
    A few weeks ago while at lvl 57 or 58 I was finally able to complete the Tower of Pwnage. I was very excited because it took a long time to finally be able to do it. I am now lvl 61 with better runes then I had back at 58 and I can't get past the 9th floor. WHAT HAPPENED????

I've long been a fan of the idea that there should be no repeat heroes in the tower. None of this MK/BD on 6 of the 10 floors, or Ponti on every floor for some reason. Your roster versus the A.I. Roster is how I would like the tower to be.

The tower right now is so random. Once you hit 70 with a few strong runes, you'll basically be able to Auto Pilot the tower, however, that doesn't help you now. I understand your frustration.
    j81ezc.gif
  • RexobRexob Member
    @Grappler82511 I second no repeat heroes or at least a max on how many times they can appear...MK on over half the floors is a bit annoying when a player lacks the roster depth and/or runes to deal with that.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • My vote? MK shouldn't be allowed to appear more than once on any floor. No more MK MK MK Aria! ;)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @Grappler82511 I second no repeat heroes or at least a max on how many times they can appear...MK on over half the floors is a bit annoying when a player lacks the roster depth and/or runes to deal with that.

Even if you do have the roster, the idea that you have to deal with turn one AOE/Crits for multiple floors, even if you can still clear the tower is just annoying. So I can only imagine the pain, if you don't have a full roster.
    j81ezc.gif
  • The Tower is not frustrating, it is ****! Absolutly no fun! Today i have 8 MKs. Fully evolved MKs in stages 1,2 and 3! What the ****!
    I am not saying that i have to finish the tower every day, or even get to level 9 every day (my record is 10), but how it is done now, is just stupid.
  • Keeeep going. You'll get there.

Tower is probably the best fifteen minutes of my day. Just show up with the same team twelve times in a row thinking "what's next? How am I going to handle this?"
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Well, time to stop playing that **** tower and wait 2 years untils i have some OP team...
  • Trust me, the current tower is way easier than it used to be. I'm guessing you just need to equip some runes on your heroes.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • unlucky guy i always complete tower since im level 40, all it takes is good strategy and a lot of heroes, masuta is broken in tower he clears a lot of threads, also grog gnog due to his double basic attack, try kobal with improved or greater runes for budget, use him with silence and healers to protect him he can clear like 4 consecutive floors if there are no fast heroes
  • Lol, no fast heroes! 8 Kiras!
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Checking in. No tough teams for the first 5 floors . . . . then 6-10 all have MK and 8-10 are FA MK. El oh El.

Thankfully I'm only L34 and generally have good runes (which are on my Koros, who has nearly 4K life and an attack rating of nearly 1700 at L34), but man, that is a lot of scapegoat heroes to waste on the way up.

What are everyone's preferred "Throwaway" heroes. I general "sacrifice' Rocky, Echo, Lupina, Squinch, King Yorick and Phemus at one point or the other; Sir Williams/Stonefist if I'm facing a FA Koros. Main "team" heroes are The 3 other goblins (Nub, Bramble, Zurk), Koros (of course), Shadow, Willow, Manglejaw, Nit pick, Tsume, Bovus and Executem. Emily, Yasmine, Selwyn, Rogar, Abigal, Hansuke, Julius, Phenol are my "If the match-up looks good, I'll roll them out." Pheno's poison is amazing for the tower, because if he gets it off, you're guaranteed big damage vs. Igorok/William, etc.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I would usually try to absorb a round of special attacks with one tank per level. If I could get off an attack of my own and damage or kill someone in the process so much the better.

Eventually you won't need to sacrifice anyone. I just run up the tower with an all rogue team.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I agree three should be SOME limitation on how often a hero can appear. It gets ridiculous when MK appears on floor after floor.
  • New record: 20 fast heros. Very fun o:)

Finished the Tower a couple of times now. Takes around 2 hours. Very fun o:)
    2 hours? Sounds like you need faster heroes.

My heroes take 15 minutes or less. I've started taking in random four person teams to mix it up a bit and prolong the fun.

P.S. - My Rocky made it to level 11 today. 11 floors, while seven others died by his side.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • echonapechonap Member
    New record: 20 fast heros. Very fun o:)

Finished the Tower a couple of times now. Takes around 2 hours. Very fun o:)

2 hours? Were you going for tower toppler achievement? It hasn't taken me more than 30 minutes ever (and probably 10-15 minutes now). I guess tower becomes significantly easier once you get some better runes?
    zntCIcd.gif
  • I found the Tower impossibly frustrating until I was around level 65, and rarely bothered to try to complete it. I'd come up against teams that were 10 levels higher than my heroes. That was before they invented runes.

After I hit level 65 I found I was able to complete every day, initially using sacrifice pawns (usually slow tanks like Stone Fist, Phenol and Phemus) on the harder levels.

Later the pawns became unnecessary, and now I'm running the tower without loss most days, losing one or two heroes if I'm really careless or unlucky. I usually auto run if the floor is level 65 or lower, and take manual control if 66+. Having good runes (Greater Heroic or better) and epics is essential for a quick easy run.
  • Thats the problem with the tower, it is totally unbalanced. Overleveled, overstared, with epics, 20 fast heros. Nothing you to care about when you are lvl 70. But i am not, and it will take a long time to get there. The problem is not even so the difficulty, it is the amount of fast heroes and the time what makes it unbearable. I liked the tower at the beginning, i had i steady progress and it seemed fun to find out the best strategies to clear the levels. Now the only strategy is, soak up every single special attack, and dont dare to forget one, or your team is dead - and the next team can start again with special attack #1. I really dont need to finish it every day, but make it least a bit more fun to play and not almost an hour to get to level 6 - yes i said almost an hour, you can continue making fun of me and bragging about how fantastic you are!

And thank you Barleyman, at least one understanding high level here... level 65 is not far away, leveling goes slow now (thank good) and after the last event i have some decent greater runes - but not the gold to upgrade them. Light at the end of the tunnel, i guess...
    Oh no, we all understand.

The thing is that you have an edge over us back in the day -- you have access to runes (and the tower defenders do not). I have no doubt that this actually makes the tower easier now than it was in your day (completely ignoring the various reworks of the tower to make things easier still).

We suffered through the same stuff you're going through and it made us better for trying. It taught us to use elemental synergies, to bring certain heroes against certain defenders, how much damage each hero could endure or inflict, what each special for each defender would be and whether we could ignore it or would want to avoid it.

This sort of stuff teaches you to be better. Once you hit 70, you've paid your dues and are able to cruise on through.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Just curious, what - missing except runes - made the tower harder?

And even a "learning experience" can be done in a way that is at least a little bit fun. I am almost glad that we had connection issues. On day without tower :D Kidding, i skip it regularly ;)

And hooray - new decent runes today ;) Are greater 4-5* heroic enough? ;)
  • ThundRThundR Member
    The tower is frustrating :(
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    The tower would be less frustrating if auto continued from floor to floor until all of your heroes died.
  • ThundRThundR Member
    True that is a good point
    bvs72 wrote: »
    The tower would be less frustrating if auto continued from floor to floor until all of your heroes died.

Half of the time I spend doing my tower is waiting for that opening animation as they run up the stairs. ;)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • elektrobankelektrobank Member
    edited June 14
    There are 73 heros and 48 slots in the tower (12 rooms).

How about both attacking team and defending team cannot use the same hero twice for the entire tower?

Lower levels could use a full 12 room structure plan out if they want / need to.

Edit: what to do with players with under 48 heros in their roster.
    ---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • echonapechonap Member
    you can continue making fun of me and bragging about how fantastic you are!

Not sure if you are referring to me, but I wasn't bragging. I'm expressing surprise that it takes so long. When tower first came out, I remember it taking about half an hour a day. That was pre-runes and much smaller rosters, so you had to be very careful or risk running out of heroes before getting to the top. Back then, I sacrificed three heroes per floor just to soak up BD, who led off ~6-9 floors every day.

Now, with the introduction of runes, I thought tower was easy for everyone. There are level 28's who got perfect towers on their first try.

Are you taking advantage of rune crafting? All you really need is to slap some good runes on MK and Hopper. The two of them clear most of the tower for me.

zntCIcd.gif
  • Cleared it today - a bit under 2 hours. Ok, to be honest, what makes it particualy slow for me is, that i STILL have to play it on an emulator on my crappy old PC. I dont know how much it would speed up on a mobile divice.

As i said, now i have better runes. They will be spread out over the important heros in the next weeks - upgrading is costly ;)
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    My vote? MK shouldn't be allowed to appear more than once on any floor. No more MK MK MK Aria! ;)

Oh, those were easy for me:

atss7lpzwd1g.png

I just brought two furnaces