Season and Tournament Reward Changes (Plus, the First Season is Coming!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hey everyone!

We’re pleased to announce that tomorrow will mark the beginning of our first full season, the Season of the Hare!

We’ve continued making some subtle matchmaking improvements, and will essentially be doing so perpetually, but nothing fundamental has changed from last week on that front.

The big change we’ve made is to end-of-season rune rewards. Runes will now pay out to leagues as low as Gladiator III. However, the runes paid out will scale depending on your player level. The rune’s rarity and stars will be based on your league ranking.
  • Gladiator gets 4* Rare
  • Champion gets 4* Heroic
  • Warlord gets 5* Heroic
  • Legend gets 5* Heroic with effect
  • Level 10-30 get Lesser, except Legend gets Improved
  • Level 31-59 get Improved, except Legend gets Greater
  • Level 60-70 get Greater, except Legend gets Superior
  • Top 100 (Level 65+ eligible only) get Legendary 5* Superior with 4th effect

As for guild tournament payouts, we’ve re-added Heroic Summons as rewards. Essentially, we’ve reverted the payouts to what they were before the previous change, but are keeping in the 10,000 rank tier. For those of you who have forgotten the old system, here’s what it looks like:
oh9nm85skxos.png
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• appleapple Member
    Nice work bruh!!!! Now bring back bevis and all good!!! Wait what done and done? Hero sorting for the win"""""!!!!!!!!
  • HakonaHakona Member
    edited April 11
    No more gems :'(

Fewer tokens, stamina and no more orbs!

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • Hakona wrote: »
    No more gems :'(

Fewer tokens, stamina and no more orbs!

@Joel - Orbs need to be reintroduced as well.

It's taking me forever to get orbs now.
  • @Joel: So, to be clear, if one ends up in the top 100, are they still looking at two runes? One would be 5 star Legendary Superior and the other would be 5 star Heroic Superior? A little confused on that point, thanks.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We’ve continued making some subtle matchmaking improvements, and will essentially be doing so perpetually, but nothing fundamental has changed from last week on that front.

Maybe I'm just lucky but today I'm finding too many easy players as hard choice in legend I
  • Aw dude. Did this have to effect the prizes I was keeping in my mail? It's a lot less stamina, tokens and gold then j was planning on redeeming.
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    Aw dude. Did this have to effect the prizes I was keeping in my mail? It's a lot less stamina, tokens and gold then j was planning on redeeming.

Seriously I have over a month worth sitting in the mail haha guess I got my heroic portals back! Score :D
  • So, legend 1 players 60-70 receive the same gem as top 100? If so, I whole heartedly approve.
    So, legend 1 players 60-70 receive the same gem as top 100? If so, I whole heartedly approve.

Not quite.

Level 60-70 players in legendary 1 only get at best Superior 5* HEROIC runes.
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    what triggered you guys to move back to old system? what happened to wanting to make it more flexible for the player?

I'm guessing gems sales went down and no new heros for heroic portal on the horizon. New heros will probably be in VIP portal aether shop and guild games. Or maybe new heros will be available in Legend rank of pvp(please do not do that).

This is also really going to slow my quest for 100k gems
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    NateDoge wrote: »
    So, legend 1 players 60-70 receive the same gem as top 100? If so, I whole heartedly approve.

Not quite.

Oh. Well still better than current reward so I'm happy.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    NateDoge wrote: »

Not quite.

Oh. Well still better than current reward so I'm happy.

Aren't Greater Legendary 5* runes better than Superior 5* Heroics though?
  • I usually never weigh on this stuff but this was a bad change. This is where the greed of the community got it wrong. For essentially 250 gems we got more gold, stamina, and tokens. I'll admit that when it was 750 I felt it was pretty shady. The move to 1100 plus all the additional avenues you added for gems made it quite generous in fact.

I don't blame the devs for this change. This was community driven and I understand they are listening to feedback. @Joel or @Eej I do hold you accountable for not telling us this would effect our mail we had saved. You've turned 3300 gems I had saved into 15 portals I don't want. Why can't you guys just give us a heads-up. This keeps happening and I'm done being patient about it.

While I didn't run into this issue (as I always accept mail immediately), I feel for this poster and others in his boat. Should definitely have told folks about this. And you can't used the excuse of you didn't know it would happen because this same thing happened when you guys changed rewards the first time.
  • yzxnhlunl7lw.png
    This seems to be the rune
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 11
    Drocas wrote: »
    what triggered you guys to move back to old system? what happened to wanting to make it more flexible for the player?

I'm guessing gems sales went down and no new heros for heroic portal on the horizon. New heros will probably be in VIP portal aether shop and guild games. Or maybe new heros will be available in Legend rank of pvp(please do not do that).

Way to read the summit log drocas! The main reason they changed it back was because of the negative community reaction to the change in the first place. They didn't like people thought they were receiving "less", and so changed it back to how they were.

It had nothing to do with gem sales.
    I usually never weigh on this stuff but this was a bad change. This is where the greed of the community got it wrong. For essentially 250 gems we got more gold, stamina, and tokens. I'll admit that when it was 750 I felt it was pretty shady. The move to 1100 plus all the additional avenues you added for gems made it quite generous in fact.

I don't blame the devs for this change. This was community driven and I understand they are listening to feedback. @Joel or @Eej I do hold you accountable for not telling us this would effect our mail we had saved. You've turned 3300 gems I had saved into 15 portals I don't want. Why can't you guys just give us a heads-up. This keeps happening and I'm done being patient about it.

While I didn't run into this issue (as I always accept mail immediately), I feel for this poster and others in his boat. Should definitely have told folks about this. And you can't used the excuse of you didn't know it would happen because this same thing happened when you guys changed rewards the first time.

In my mind I just turned 5,500 gems in to 6,750 gems. It's reallllly hard to be mad by that >.<
  • Drocas wrote: »

Way to read the summit log drocas! The main reason they changed it back was because of the negative community reaction to the change in the first place. They didn't like people thought they were receiving "less", and so changed it back to how they were.

Yet it probably does have something to do with it :P
  • DrocasDrocas Member

Sorry did not read the summit log, i also thought people were happy with the gems after they were increased. I guess it was only me...
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »

Sorry did not read the summit log, i also thought people were happy with the gems after they were increased. I guess it was only me...

You didn't read the forums when they changed the guild rewards the first time?

But in any case, I'm with you that while they say it was because of negative reception by the community, I also believe it had to do somewhat with gem sales. (all major changes are related to $ to some degree, but that's just my personal opinion).

I'm ok with this change, so long as they add back orbs...I still need like 15 orbs to get everyone blessed ><
  • @joel. How do I go about getting my 6600 gems and other mats back that were essentially stolen from me by switching all my rewards that were saved in my in box for a guild game or rainy day such as first actual pvp season. This is some real snake in the grass type stuff converting what had already been passed out to your player base over the last 6 weeks
  • edited April 11
    Wtf??????

Are you changing already the rewards?

I won another reward for the past season, why did you changed it?
    And more ...how is it possible to change the red rune with DAMAGE REDUCTION as reward for pvp tournment on the last day???that is not fair, not fair at all.

If you're gonna doing changes you should do from next season....you cannot change the 'rules' on last day of pvp tournment or changing the 'previous' reward of the season.

k5hxo907wjff.png

Alright first of all. Buying gems is ALWAYS a bad deal if you aren't buying the boss bundle. I can't imagine many people straight up buy gems in the first place except for ignorant new players who wouldn't be receiving top guild rewards anyways.

Secondly, this change is better for every single person who EVER uses the heroic portal. I spelled this out quite clearly when they changed it to 1,100 gems that this hurt everyone.

Finally, in summit 2 Eej hinted at potentially making stars valuable again. If this were to occur (And from a business stand point I feel they have to make it occur), people will be very very happy to have these heroic summons stockpiled again.

Alright first of all. Buying gems is ALWAYS a bad deal if you aren't buying the boss bundle. I can't imagine many people straight up buy gems in the first place except for ignorant new players who wouldn't be receiving top guild rewards anyways.

Secondly, this change is better for every single person who EVER uses the heroic portal. I spelled this out quite clearly when they changed it to 1,100 gems that this hurt everyone.

Finally, in summit 2 Eej hinted at potentially making stars valuable again. If this were to occur (And from a business stand point I feel they have to make it occur), people will be very very happy to have these heroic summons stockpiled again.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am happy heroic pulls are back. I was with you on that side. I'm just saying that I can't really trust DB anymore and that my thoughts on any major change is because it had to do something with their revenues or bottomline. That's just my opinion after seeing so many terrible changes lately.

I like the heroic pulls back, but I also wish they gave back orbs. And the new rune rewards for seasons, seems bad at first glance, but I'll have to wait and see.
  • @shiggity80

Are we looking at different runes? I'm looking at a 5 star superior legendary attack/attack/health rune which would be an upgrade for essentially any red slot on my entire roster.
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    I guess I don't understand why a month or so later they decide to go back to old rewards instead of immediately after. People here are also complaining of gems lost not thanking them
    KuK1uXt.png