Season and Tournament Reward Changes (Plus, the First Season is Coming!)

Comments

• @shiggity80

Are we looking at different runes? I'm looking at a 5 star superior legendary attack/attack/health rune which would be an upgrade for essentially any red slot on my entire roster.

Huh? What are you referring to?
  • Wtf??????

Are you changing already the rewards?

I won another reward for the past season, why did you changed it?
    And more ...how is it possible to change the red rune with DAMAGE REDUCTION as reward for pvp tournment on the last day???that is not fair, not fair at all.

This was actually a glitch, they made a post about it being a red rune but it was glitched to look blue still.

• Drocas wrote: »
    I guess I don't understand why a month or so later they decide to go back to old rewards instead of immediately after. People here are also complaining of gems lost not thanking them
    Personally @Drocas im with you. I liked the gems a lot more. I could care less about the heroic summoner, i do a 10x once, maybe twice, when a new hero comes out and thats it. I still have more then 10x heroic summons saved up from when guild rewards gave them out before (not sure how many i actually have cause theres still no way to see that).

All my gems go towards rune tuning. I spend none on the portal cause stars are basically irrelevant. The 100 they give us in quests with each released hero to 4* them is more then enough to me. Theyll 6* eventually, im in no rush. And even without those quests most recent heroes went straight into pvp at 3* after moving runes around and were immediately valuable.

I will absolutely reconsider if this also comes with the updates to the value of stars eej talked about a few summits ago. But right now i feel like my rewards got nerfed personally. I know im probably in the minority though so oh well.
    centralcommand
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 11
    Drocas wrote: »
    I guess I don't understand why a month or so later they decide to go back to old rewards instead of immediately after. People here are also complaining of gems lost not thanking them
    Personally @Drocas im with you. I liked the gems a lot more. I could care less about the heroic summoner, i do a 10x once, maybe twice, when a new hero comes out and thats it. I still have more then 10x heroic summons saved up from when guild rewards gave them out before (not sure how many i actually have cause theres still no way to see that).

All my gems go towards rune tuning. I spend none on the portal cause stars are basically irrelevant. The 100 they give us in quests with each released hero to 4* them is more then enough to me. Theyll 6* eventually, im in no rush. And even without those quests most recent heroes went straight into pvp at 3* after moving runes around and were immediately valuable.

I will absolutely reconsider if this also comes with the updates to the value of stars eej talked about a few summits ago. But right now i feel like my rewards got nerfed personally. I know im probably in the minority though so oh well.

This mentality doesn't really make sense to me unless you plan to quit this game within the new 2 months. If at any point within the forseeable future they make stars relevant and you use 40+ heroic summons 5 starring a new hero, this change is good for you.

For a game that is all about long term horizons, this just seems very short sighted.

On that note, if you even do 1 10x heroic a month. This change is good for you. I would imagine when a new hero comes out you typically at least get it to 4 stars?
  • I usually never weigh on this stuff but this was a bad change. This is where the greed of the community got it wrong. For essentially 250 gems we got more gold, stamina, and tokens. I'll admit that when it was 750 I felt it was pretty shady. The move to 1100 plus all the additional avenues you added for gems made it quite generous in fact.

I don't blame the devs for this change. This was community driven and I understand they are listening to feedback. @Joel or @Eej I do hold you accountable for not telling us this would effect our mail we had saved. You've turned 3300 gems I had saved into 15 portals I don't want. Why can't you guys just give us a heads-up. This keeps happening and I'm done being patient about it.

I second this. I don't understand why you would convert the rewards we have already gotten, especially without notice.

If you agree that getting rid of or changing existing runes after the upcoming rune revamp is a horrible idea, why make this move for weekly rewards? I don't understand how your thought process works.

Needless to say, I'm peeved. People saved the rewards in their mailbox for a reason.
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    Communication issues aside, I appreciate that this change was driven by a lot of feedback from players about what they felt was important to them. While majority rule shouldn't govern all matters of game development, I think weekly rewards earned by nearly all players is an appropriate place for it. In the summit, Eej said the loss of heroic summons was the single biggest source of feedback from the community, so good job to DB for listening.
  • Enervate wrote: »
    I usually never weigh on this stuff but this was a bad change. This is where the greed of the community got it wrong. For essentially 250 gems we got more gold, stamina, and tokens. I'll admit that when it was 750 I felt it was pretty shady. The move to 1100 plus all the additional avenues you added for gems made it quite generous in fact.

I don't blame the devs for this change. This was community driven and I understand they are listening to feedback. @Joel or @Eej I do hold you accountable for not telling us this would effect our mail we had saved. You've turned 3300 gems I had saved into 15 portals I don't want. Why can't you guys just give us a heads-up. This keeps happening and I'm done being patient about it.

I second this. I don't understand why you would convert the rewards we have already gotten, especially without notice.

If you agree that getting rid of or changing existing runes after the upcoming rune revamp is a horrible idea, why make this move for weekly rewards? I don't understand how your thought process works.

Needless to say, I'm peeved. People saved the rewards in their mailbox for a reason.

Just to be clear. The main reason they aren't changing preexisting runes is because they are literally incapable of doing so. Saying it's a bad idea is a convenient excuse to go along with it.
  • edited April 11
    They actually listened. I'd say that's a win in and of itself. This community isnt worthless to the devs after all.

Edit: spelling
  • LietoLieto Member
    So changing the prizes in our inbox is NOT cool. I was counting on those gems!

Can I raise a ticket - I don't want to be a deuche about it but something just doesn't sit right with me on this...I get that you probably cant technically implement the change without altering inbox rewards but then announce BEFORE the change so that people can decide which rewards they want to keep - the ones they won, or the ones you are changing to...

Really irritated about this since i used up gems on Bauble summons fully expecting to replenish my stash from my 3 x 1st place inbox rewards...

Wont waste my time on a ticket if this is "fair" but if its a mistake, i'd really like to rectify it asap.

@Joel / @Eej
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Great changes guys - just one issue, a superior heroic is a lot weaker than a legendary greater... so legend 1 just got nerfed, my incentives are way down on it.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
    edited April 11
    Kacey wrote: »
    Great changes guys - just one issue, a superior heroic is a lot weaker than a legendary greater... so legend 1 just got nerfed, my incentives are way down on it.

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/51011/rune-stats-improved-greater-and-superior#latest

"A lot weaker" seems to be stretching it. It's "a little" weaker. From a shiny toy stand point, I certainly prefer the legendary though!

This also makes the whole "rich get rich" situation "a little" worse... when it should be getting better. Perhaps equivalent rune rewards will be added to the honor shop.
  • Enervate wrote: »
    I usually never weigh on this stuff but this was a bad change. This is where the greed of the community got it wrong. For essentially 250 gems we got more gold, stamina, and tokens. I'll admit that when it was 750 I felt it was pretty shady. The move to 1100 plus all the additional avenues you added for gems made it quite generous in fact.

Just to be clear. The main reason they aren't changing preexisting runes is because they are literally incapable of doing so. Saying it's a bad idea is a convenient excuse to go along with it.

20:07 EEJ.DB Yeah, we won't be changing pre-existing runes - that gets into some tricky territory
    20:07 EEJ.DB both technologically and player reaction

I think player reaction is a valid thing to consider before making any changes to anything that already exists.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    They don't always consider player reaction when nerfing heroes. I also thought they nerfed the haste runes. They might not be currently able to modify runes in our inventory but they could probably decrease the special effects like electricity and poison. They could then introduce new effects like electric skin II and poison skin II. However, the players that got these runes legitimately might be upset.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    They don't always consider player reaction when nerfing heroes. I also thought they nerfed the haste runes. They might not be currently able to modify runes in our inventory but they could probably decrease the special effects like electricity and poison. They could then introduce new effects like electric skin II and poison skin II. However, the players that got these runes legitimately might be upset.

They can change one key word to another aka All poison is now venom. I have a feeling the tech they don't currently have is the ability to say "All skill on only power runes is now crit". Essentially taking a subset of runes and changing only those. Given the fact it's not even currently possible for them, anything else they say is simply conveniently tacked on.

That all being said @Enervate of course I don't disagree with you. It's not really relevant to the point I was making however.
    edited April 11
    @MattCauthron regardless of how you feel about it this wasn't a good change for everyone. You are basing your whole argument on the chance that they might make stars more valuable in the future. What if they don't? You've essentially traded rune tuning for a bunch of aether. I for one will fight hard against making stars more valuable because it's just going to make strong rosters stronger. Also to call people ignorant because they don't buy $100 boss bundles is pretty ignorant on your part. Not everyone is fortunate enough to throw that kind of money on pixels.

Ignorant is not a negative term. It merely means people who don't know any better. Would you prefer if I used the term naive? New players by definition are almost always ignorant to a plethora of things. When I first started playing this game I bought a bunch of hero bundles for bad heroes... out of ignorance.

I would also argue against them increasing star value because it would indeed make the game more expensive. I said exactly that much when Eej first raised the suggestion, as well as pointing out the power gap disparity it would create between whales and the average player. However, making the game more expensive is the exact reason they would raise it (And why I see it as inevitable). Right now a huge part of their game (tokens) have almost no value (This would of course be the reason given for the change).

Finally, you really only have to use a single 10x heroic a month for this change to be positive for you. I would imagine the vast majority of players fall into that boat.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MattCauthron - BF has made a lot of changes to attempt to balance the game. I think they are doing a pretty good job at keeping the game interesting. Runes make the game almost impossible to balance and my biggest concern is that cheating has given a group of players such a big advantage. Anything that minimizes this damage would be welcome by me.
  • NekramessNekramess Member
    edited April 11
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    • Legend gets 5* Heroic with effect
    • Level 60-70 get Greater, except Legend gets Superior
    • Top 100 (Level 65+ eligible only) get Legendary 5* Superior with 4th effect

So if I am reading this right, starting with tomorrows new season the new rewards for somebody like me would be a 5* legendary superior with 4 stats and a 5* Heroic with 4 stats.

Where currently we get a 5* legendary Superior and Greater with 4 stats,

5* legendary greater is much better than a 5* heroic superior..

• I could get a 10x summon in one week from combined tower gems and guild winnings. Let alone the gems I got from pvp. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get the same thing I could have gotten in one week before. Plus all of the other portals are essentially worthless until a new hero comes out or a hero I want is featured. If that's the case I grind for one week and get what I want. You've given up tokens,stamina,gold and orbs for a net gain of 250 gems plus an added week too get it.

I'm actually only mad about them turning my gems I had in my mailbox into aether. If this is what the community wants then fine. But to presume because of a flawed conversion of 1 portal=300 gems that this is a better deal for all is silly.

Btw whether or not you meant naive or whatever is irrelevant to my point. If somebody wants some gems and can afford the $20 bundle that doesn't make them ignorant or naive. It makes them sensible in terms of what they can do financially.
    edited April 11
    I could get a 10x summon in one week from combined tower gems and guild winnings. Let alone the gems I got from pvp. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get the same thing I could have gotten in one week before. Plus all of the other portals are essentially worthless until a new hero comes out or a hero I want is featured. If that's the case I grind for one week and get what I want. You've given up tokens,stamina,gold and orbs for a net gain of 250 gems plus an added week too get it.

I'm actually only mad about them turning my gems I had in my mailbox into aether. If this is what the community wants then fine. But to presume because of a flawed conversion of 1 portal=300 gems that this is a better deal for all is silly.

Btw whether or not you meant naive or whatever is irrelevant to my point. If somebody wants some gems and can afford the $20 bundle that doesn't make them ignorant or naive. It makes them sensible in terms of what they can do financially.

I suppose we simply disagree on value then. The gems/gold in their store are horrendously priced. I would strongly advocate noone to ever purchase them, and to instead wait on the special offers that occur.I think many who would do this are indeed ignorant to how to properly take advantage of sale opportunities in this game. If people don't mind spending a significant premium on gems, that's their choice. If they are aware of the premium they are paying, then you are correct it is not ignorance. No need to argue over semantics on the forum however.

Also I value a heroic portal at 270 gems. Not 300. I would agree valuing them at 300 gems is silly. If you note my conversion from earlier 5,500 gems to 6,750 you will see that I indeed used a 270 gem conversion factor.

Finally, I agree with you their communication in regard to the mail changing was poor. I think most players actually got a benefit out of this (I certainly will take the free increase in gem value), but the lack of communication and taking away player choice should not have occurred.
  • ZWendy wrote: »
    A simple counter like you have for My Dungeon is not too much to ask.

fyi...in the last summit Eej noted the need for a counter on heroic pulls but if/when this will get implemented is not known.

Teal125
  • While DB changed the guild rewards based on feedback, it does seem not everyone agreed. Food for thought, maybe next time DB wants to make a major change, they announce it to the forums first. First I heard the change to rewards was happening was from the last summit notes. No doubt not everyone gets access to those and even fewer read them.
    Teal125
  • I'll manage with future rewards but I'm still annoyed at the changes made to rewards in our inbox. Personally I had been keeping it for the stamina -- that saved stamina is critical when 3x material events roll around and this drastically nerfed every one of those saved emails.
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    While DB changed the guild rewards based on feedback, it does seem not everyone agreed. Food for thought, maybe next time DB wants to make a major change, they announce it to the forums first. First I heard the change to rewards was happening was from the last summit notes. No doubt not everyone gets access to those and even fewer read them.

I really wish they'd do the summit on the forum where everyone gets a chance to voice their opinion instead of a 3rd party chat.
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    While DB changed the guild rewards based on feedback, it does seem not everyone agreed. Food for thought, maybe next time DB wants to make a major change, they announce it to the forums first. First I heard the change to rewards was happening was from the last summit notes. No doubt not everyone gets access to those and even fewer read them.

I really wish they'd do the summit on the forum where everyone gets a chance to voice their opinion instead of a 3rd party chat.

If by "do the summit" you mean post the summit log on the forums, I'm sure that could be arranged. Obviously the actual summit could not be done on the forums as it is a very active live dialogue.
  • well according to @Eej the summit logs would be posted to the forum the week following, this has happened twice, so expecting good or even decent communication from DB is honestly asking too much, they seem to have no idea how to relate their intent in any meaningful way or with any reasonable lead way. So yeah basically just roll with it. That is what I get from their handling of public relations.
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    well according to @Eej the summit logs would be posted to the forum the week following, this has happened twice, so expecting good or even decent communication from DB is honestly asking too much, they seem to have no idea how to relate their intent in any meaningful way or with any reasonable lead way. So yeah basically just roll with it. That is what I get from their handling of public relations.

Well Eej was actually trying to type up a summit summary, not the log itself. Essentially taking 3 hours worth of conversation (Yes Eej gives up 3 hours of every Saturday to help this game), and turn it into easily digestible information. I can only imagine this was far more difficult than he expected.

The actual log is simply a copy of the entire chat that took place, and could easily be linked on the forums each week. You'd just have to take the time to read through the whole thing.
  • @MattCauthron Yes I meant do the summit on the forums. I admit it would be more difficult, but forums are pretty much for communication and sharing ideas. You just have to refresh a bit more. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to the general public and include both hardcore guild leaders and casuals.
    Tag the guild leaders with guru tags if they matter more on certain issues.
    But I am glad that @Eej is doing it at all so I really can't complain too much.
    At least if he used the forums he wouldn't have to worry about logs :P