Season and Tournament Reward Changes (Plus, the First Season is Coming!)

124»

Comments

• VioletLyra wrote: »
    GUYS! We're about to have our first official season and PvP is finally fixed!! Am I really the only one who's excited about that?!

I feel so alone...

dsmvc3k50o4v.jpg

Excited, but I already used up all my free raids, my 2x aether shop raid tickets, and refreshed all the way through the first 80 gem refresh today, just to get to legend 1 with 8,500 honor to buy valkin tokens. I probably will not raid much today with new season lol.
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    @joel is they any chance you can roll back what happened yesterday with our saved gems in our mail and let us collect what we had since the new rewards won't need to be handed out until next Sunday night?
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • First season and Cobressa is still bugged. @joel any idea when her healing/venom issue will be fixed?
  • LietoLieto Member
    @ZWendy. Send a ticket.

I agree, it's not right that they dip their hand into your inbox and meddle with rewards previously achieved.

I had plans for the stamina and gems... And they got trashed...

• So... This is awkward but I'm going to have to withdraw my initial support to the new rune rewards.

I still think it's awesome that they're available to a larger group of players. Yay for that. But I'm really bummed that they're identical for level III, II and I in every different league. (and yes, my bad for missing it the first time. It was clearly stated)

Thanks to the E/M/H options, I was finally going to reach Legend I. FINALLY! I was thrilled! What's my incentive now if I get the exact same rune as if I reach Legend III? I'm not spending gems for that. :(
  • DavoDavo Member
    I really like the pvp changes made this last round. Good work db crew. I think the community is crazy to want portal summons vs. gems. The flexibility intended by the dev team made much more sense.

Most importantly can you please consider changing legend 1 pvp prize back to legendary greater? There is a big jump from heroic greater to legendary superior at top 100.
  • VioletLyra wrote: »
    GUYS! We're about to have our first official season and PvP is finally fixed!! Am I really the only one who's excited about that?!

I feel so alone...

dsmvc3k50o4v.jpg

I'm with you VioletLyra!
  • danacdanac Member
    No need to argue over semantics on the forum however.

Most arguments are ultimately arguments of semantics.
  • danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »

I feel so alone...

8bl83iah5din.jpg

• danac wrote: »
    No need to argue over semantics on the forum however.

Most arguments are ultimately arguments of semantics.

95% of statistics are made up on the spot.

• 95% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Seems like a legit % to me ;)
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 13
    @VioletLyra many are forgetting that Legend 1 receives more Tokens (38.3%) & Gems (47.5%) at a season's end; more Daily rewards; access to the Legend 1 Tokens; there are still benefits to being in Legend 1. However, the Rune change broke the precedent established throughout the Pre-Seasons where higher Tiers rewarded better Runes.

60 of X token guaranteed in the Heroic Portal would cost at least 2700 gems - this assumes a player receives the guaranteed hero twice, and/or beats the odds with the chest tokens.
    IGN: N00BST4R
  • @Rexob I'm not forgetting. :)

It's a nice advantage. But for many players, and I'm one of them, runes are where it's at.

I'm not going to feel motivated, let alone spend a lot of gems, if I don't get a better rune once I join Legend I. As someone else said in another thread, I might as well just sit at Legend III.
  • RexobRexob Member
    @VioletLyra if the only goal is the Rune then yes there is no reason to progress beyond L3. That said, depending on the Hero Tokens offered, L1 could still be worthwhile for some.
    IGN: N00BST4R
  • Aura0fsmilesAura0fsmiles Member
    edited April 13
    A nice legendary improved vampiric rune beats this legend 1 rune
    Ive crafted comparable runes with minimal effort and those can get 10% life steal.
    If this remains the reward the only I is to salvage it. Even an extra 20 or so baubles tokens isnt worth gemming in PvP this week

• A nice legendary improved vampiric rune beats this legend 1 rune
    Ive crafted comparable runes with minimal effort and those can get 10% life steal.
    If this remains the reward the only I is to salvage it. Even an extra 20 or so baubles tokens isnt worth gemming in PvP this week

Well 25 koros tokens at Legend I is a decent carrot.
  • Aura0fsmilesAura0fsmiles Member
    edited April 13
    A nice legendary improved vampiric rune beats this legend 1 rune

Well 25 koros tokens at Legend I is a decent carrot.

guess so but some people will have to spend a decent amount of gems to break legend 1and it would be better to save for x10 koros portal instead.
    sadly going all right Isnt an option for me not being lv70 and Still seeing mostly top100 roster power players

• Yeahh they suppose to reward people that achieve leg 1 for greater legendary rune like before..
  • Legend gets 5* Heroic with effect
    Level 10-30 get Lesser, except Legend gets Improved
    Level 31-59 get Improved, except Legend gets Greater
    Level 60-70 get Greater, except Legend gets Superior
    Top 100 (Level 65+ eligible only) get Legendary 5* Superior with 4th effect

@Joel Is this still correct?Or does it changed?

I'm lvl 58, just unlocked Leggend III but the reward for this pvp season shows me an "improved" rune...and it's legendary 5*

Thanks in advance for the answer.

qlrrc718bnyv.jpg

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @PontifexAeternus, we did indeed change the types of runes that are being rewarded, but the runes are now actually better. Several players pointed out that the Heroic Superior runes we were giving out were strictly worse than what Legendary Improved runes would we, so we made the switch. I admittedly missed the memo on the change, hence the lack of an announcement, but the change is very much in your favor. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Well, Legendary Greaters are better than Heroic Superiors, and Legendary Improveds are better than Heroic Greaters... but we know what you mean.
  • digmdigm Member
    Pvp has been steadily getting better ever since the change from the old system. I know there was a lot of uproar with the initial change but after the 24 preseasons and the few real seasons I can easily say that I've been thoroughly enjoying pvp lately. The meta is pretty diverse. The rewards are solid although there will always be complaints. The e/m/h was probably the best choice allow players of any level still keep moving up the tiers. Keep up the good work @joel @eej @Joveth
  • digm wrote: »
    The e/m/h was probably the best choice allow players of any level still keep moving up the tiers. Keep up the good work @joel @eej @Joveth

Absolutly disagree. Matchmaking is broken and stupid as ****. 3 runs with Jabber for the crowns are the only runs i do. I dont even know what 6* fully runed defenses do in the second last tier, should they not be higher? Who is beating them, that they are not raising in rank? And why are they my "M" choice, with 2-4 lvl over me?
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We’re pleased to announce that tomorrow will mark the beginning of our first full season, the Season of the Hare!

We’ve continued making some subtle matchmaking improvements, and will essentially be doing so perpetually, but nothing fundamental has changed from last week on that front.

The big change we’ve made is to end-of-season rune rewards. Runes will now pay out to leagues as low as Gladiator III. However, the runes paid out will scale depending on your player level. The rune’s rarity and stars will be based on your league ranking.
    • Gladiator gets 4* Rare
    • Champion gets 4* Heroic
    • Warlord gets 5* Heroic
    • Legend gets 5* Heroic with effect
    • Level 10-30 get Lesser, except Legend gets Improved
    • Level 31-59 get Improved, except Legend gets Greater
    • Level 60-70 get Greater, except Legend gets Superior
    • Top 100 (Level 65+ eligible only) get Legendary 5* Superior with 4th effect

As for guild tournament payouts, we’ve re-added Heroic Summons as rewards. Essentially, we’ve reverted the payouts to what they were before the previous change, but are keeping in the 10,000 rank tier. For those of you who have forgotten the old system, here’s what it looks like:
    oh9nm85skxos.png

Good morning! I am lvl 44 and i always get Legends position. According to @Joel , if i reach Legends, i get greater runes, but i just get improved ones. Is there a problem?
  • InnovInnov Member
    Does anyone know if honour points will get carried to the next season? Or they will be converted to gold? I'm confused, can't find info on that.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    About 2 (?) seasons ago they made a change to allow up to 100K honor to accumulate, and the remainder turned into gold (at 250 gold per honor point? Can't recall.)

I'm expecting that to continue - haven't heard an announcement otherwise...
    Innov wrote: »
    Does anyone know if honour points will get carried to the next season? Or they will be converted to gold? I'm confused, can't find info on that.

124»