I guess this is the break season...

5oobkzqjbcx7.png
ehxwax4r820h.png
I guess i didnt realize this was a PVE tournament....

The legend 1 prize is debatable even for pve. I automatically scrap vampirics with only 5%...
centralcommand
Tagged:

Comments

• Yea these are terrible. Like maybe OE or Zomm would like the top 100 rune... but why would I want a 5% (Worst possible roll) on anyone.

This will probably be a relatively very inactive season. At least these red runes are awesome! I was looking forward to getting more of these >.<
  • Wow! Seriously! Just wow. Season one officially started! Your momentous reward for this extraordinary event is the worst rune we've ever offered. Specifically targetted for PvE but not nearly as good as anything you can already craft. Really ... "just wow" is all i can say.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 12
    @Joel

Curious, but is it intentional that WL1-3 and L1-3 all receive the same Rune, or is it supposed to be tiered 3-5 stars?
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @Joel

Curious, but is it intentional that WL1-3 and L1-3 all receive the same Rune, or is it supposed to be tiered 3-5 stars?

Intentional. See the first post by Joel in the stickied thread for the new seasons.

" Gladiator gets 4* Rare
    Champion gets 4* Heroic
    Warlord gets 5* Heroic
    Legend gets 5* Heroic with effect

Level 10-30 get Lesser, except Legend gets Improved
    Level 31-59 get Improved, except Legend gets Greater
    Level 60-70 get Greater, except Legend gets Superior
    Top 100 (Level 65+ eligible only) get Legendary 5* Superior with 4th effect"

• I must have misunderstood this because it makes literally no sense. Why should Legend III get the same as Legend I. We are back to the issue of most players having no incentive to actually pvp for the majority of the season (And that's ignoring the fact that the actual rune is terrible).
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 12
    @shiggity80 Wow, I guess I thought they would still be tiered a bit...thanks!

@MattCauthron I agree to an extent, but L1 still gets vastly more hero tokens at the end and can purchase the L1 exclusive token pack in the Honor shop. I'm not saying I think that's great, but technically - L1 still gets more. This season L1 may be enough for T100 without having to grind nearly 3 seasons of Trophies like last.
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    I must have misunderstood this because it makes literally no sense. Why should Legend III get the same as Legend I. We are back to the issue of most players having no incentive to actually pvp for the majority of the season (And that's ignoring the fact that the actual rune is terrible).

Gotta agree with this. Almost 18K trophy difference and the same runes. If you're not going for Top 100, might as well sit at Legend 3.
  • Brazy wrote: »
    I must have misunderstood this because it makes literally no sense. Why should Legend III get the same as Legend I. We are back to the issue of most players having no incentive to actually pvp for the majority of the season (And that's ignoring the fact that the actual rune is terrible).

Gotta agree with this. Almost 18K trophy difference and the same runes. If you're not going for Top 100, might as well sit at Legend 3.

I'll probably battle to Legend 1 just to unlock the tokens in the shop, but definitely not doing it for the rune.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    This is an absolute joke. PvP is finally more fun, but then you do this to the rewards? No thanks - I'll save my gems and craft a GOOD rune(or 4) over the course of the season instead. I wouldn't even put this on a PvE hero - why is this even considered a "reward" for spending a ton of gems over a week? All the past runes offered unique advantages by having odd but desirable stats with a powerful passive - this has odd yet horrible stats with a terrible passive. Attack attack defence 15% to warrior or SOMETHING? Something useful please?
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • RexobRexob Member
    I'm waiting for a Dev post saying it's a mistake like last PS, "oops our bad, it's supposed to be atk atk hp 15%"...
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Also find it odd that green and blue runes lasted so many weeks that we had to beg for a change, but then red is gone after a single week.
  • DragonDragon Member
    edited April 12
    They should remove runes as PvP reward.

Every week the discussions about PvP and rewards.

They saddled up the horse in the wrong way.
    Now the Top 100 with a handful different players through the preseasons have nice Runes and a few start to get bored again.

With the new system Top 100 get's favoured again.

I still think to make it fair

- everyone should start with 0 trophies
    - remove streaks
    - remove runes as reward (maybe just the Top 100 rune)
  • Also find it odd that green and blue runes lasted so many weeks that we had to beg for a change, but then red is gone after a single week.

I think they determined the red runes were overly strong (They are super strong). Even those 2 runes alone might shift the meta. The runes on Koros means Kobal Emily no longer survives. The runes on Cobressa means she can shred Baubles without Lily. The runes on Furnace mean they can do serious damage to bullet proof Emilys. I would have loved 3 more weeks of them personally!

A perfect strike 4th stat sounds awesome. I'd slap that on so many heroes >.< DEATH TO MK
  • Someone suggested a wushu (can't be crit) rune in another thread. No other stats on it. I thought that was brilliant.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Dragon wrote: »

Now the Top 100 with a handful different players through the preseasons have nice Runes and a few start to get bored again.

- remove streaks

is this a joke post?
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Kacey wrote: »

- remove streaks

is this a joke post?

I think he's going somehwere with this idea. He just left off the 4th and most important step.

-Delete the game because no one will be playing it anymore.

Even those 2 runes alone might shift the meta.

Honestly I assumed that was intentional, and I kind of liked it. Each rune so far has fed into the meta for a brief time, and then the next rune breaks that meta. I thought that was a really cool way of keeping things fresh and interesting and generating desire to keep playing.

Huge damage with Koros and Viperia was the big thing when the preseasons started. The green runes played right into that. Then the blue runes came out right as we were all shifting to kfab and Emily and such with heavy DR to counter the crazy damage. Then the red runes arrive to help deal with the "invincible" DR teams. I would have expected a few weeks of that followed by a purple rune to counter whatever newest setups start popping up. Maybe something aligned with the upcoming skill changes that encouraged a debuff heavy approach? A rune that makes the hero immune to purge? A rune that pushes the meta towards healers, since they have not had a real place in PvP for a long time (Emily rez and bauble to furnace don't count)?
  • DragonDragon Member
    @Kacey
    @MattCauthron

Why should this be a joke?
    Why would people stop to play?

There were no runes as PvP reward before and people played.
  • Another idea I was kicking around when thinking that each new rune sort of counters the meta that the previous rune encouraged...

What if instead of offering lesser runes to lower tiers, they just offered older runes? It would be a similar approach to how they use portals. Spending players get first crack at new heroes in VIP portal, then serious free players in the heroic portal, then casual players from quests and events and such.

Do the same thing with runes. Top 100 and legendary compete for the red runes for a while, while lower tiers compete for the blue runes that the top players have already been using. Since the new runes for each season help shift the meta, the previous runes aren't nearly as valuable anyway. This would keep the top players interested in pushing each other, but also make it so casual and new players aren't falling so far behind that they can't reasonable compete even if they wanted to.

Even if you restricted it to legendary greater instead of superior, let the warlords tier and such work on the previous reward rune set while we duke it out for the latest and greatest.
  • TedTed Member

- remove streaks

I believe everyone rather have you to be removed from the game instead.
  • Ted wrote: »

- remove streaks

I believe everyone rather have you to be removed from the game instead.

Another Ted appearance with a random diss!

@Skip_Holmes Creating mixed incentives in games is never good. What if legendary greater nature champion runes are better than legendary superior dark terrible runes. Now you have people purposefully trying to do badly to land in a lower range for the better rune. You can see the inherent complications.
  • @MattCauthron yes there are some issues to work out, but I don't think it would create mixed incentives. You could set rune limits (if you have X number of Y rune, you can't get more of them) or tier limits (if you were in legend last season, you can't drop down, you'll just bottom out in legend 3). Any method will have outliers and complications, but so think you could make it work.

Imagine if you were a new player right now. You'd never have a way to break into the meta. The top players are always getting further away from you no matter how much you play or spend, as they have dozens of runes that you dont have any way to access. There needs to be some way to catch up. Either by rewarding some of those runes, even at a lesser tier like greater instead of superior, or else letting them buy from honor and event shops. Even giving out the legendary greater to all of legend tier at least would be something. The heroic runes earned in Warlord and Legend 2-3 tend to be scrap junk, and aren't helping those players.

As long as the meta keeps shifting like it has for the last few months, I'd be fine with more casual players having an "easier" way to maintain their power at a reasonable distance from my own. I would still have something to play for, and they could stay close enough so that they can reasonably make the "jump" to competitive if they decide to. But as it is currently, in a few more months they will be so far behind us in the rear view mirror that they might as well not even bother.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    @Kacey
    @MattCauthron

Why should this be a joke?
    Why would people stop to play?

There were no runes as PvP reward before and people played.

-make me go from 120k trophies in a season to 0 with that level 10 that just started
    -remove the new system that rewards players for consistent performance in PvP
    -remove the most worth reward

Yeah, absolute joke.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • RexobRexob Member
    @Skip_Holmes I'm not sure how new I am, but I started playing Xmas of last year and never placed higher than WL until recently. I'm lv68, VIP 10, without Koros, Gorgons, or Ignus.

e9gquvgempzi.png

It took a LOT of dedication and RTs, but I placed top 50 where my max epics are lv9 NubNub, Yasmin, Yorick - none are PvP powerhouses and my Runes are Greaters, granted my PvP Runes are almost entirely 5* Legendary.
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 12
    Rexob wrote: »
    @Skip_Holmes I'm not sure how new I am, but I started playing Xmas of last year and never placed higher than WL until recently. I'm lv68, VIP 10, without Koros, Gorgons, or Ignus.

It took a LOT of dedication and RTs, but I placed top 50 where my max epics are lv9 NubNub, Yasmin, Yorick - none are PvP powerhouses and my Runes are Greaters, granted my PvP Runes are almost entirely 5* Legendary.

You probably have better runes than I do :(
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited April 12
    Rexob wrote: »

e9gquvgempzi.png

That's seriously impressive and you're awesome. You also had to spend I can't imagine how many hours a day and like $1,000 to do something that us older players do totally for free and while barely paying attention and watching tv. I don't mean that to take away from it at all..it's totally badass that you did that. I just mean to say that I don't think you can reasonably expect that to be the path new players have to take just to compete with us.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 12
    @MattCauthron idk... I was close to you last PS until the last day, but you're able to fight at a higher level; I beat up on a LOT of Easy. Missing Koros had me skipping a lot of fights though.

I really didn't want to NEED him, but after the last PS, I've pretty much decided that I'll have to get him unless there's a new hero soon that counters him outright.
    Mauling Ogres Lv70