I guess this is the break season...

Comments

• DragonDragon Member
    edited April 12
    Fairness is a joke, I guess.

I understand that that the Top 100 wants to stay Top 100.

But this drives players away from the game, too.

What's the big difference between starting from 0 or 50%(max 20k) of last season?
    It would be fair and not favour the Top 100.

If you don't have the time to grind every week you would maybe think different.

If only the big get bigger it can harm the balance, too.

Maybe in a few month the Top 100 is all that's left of the player base. Maybe this is a joke.
    But many jokes came true, sadly.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 12
    Rexob wrote: »
    @MattCauthron idk... I was close to you last PS until the last day, but you're able to fight at a higher level; I beat up on a LOT of Easy. Missing Koros had me skipping a lot of fights though.

I really didn't want to NEED him, but after the last PS, I've pretty much decided that I'll have to get him unless there's a new hero soon that counters him outright.

There's no reason not to have him. I don't use him that often but certain raids definitely seem to require him. I just went went on a big streak last night to secure my spot. Went to sleep at 20th and ended at 24th. I guess the top players just didn't raid on the last day hah

I still use quite a few greater heroic runes. I don't have the win rates of the superior rune guys, but greater heroic runes get the job done.
  • RexobRexob Member
    @MattCauthron you have a much better understanding of the game than I do. There are plenty of matchups where I'm not sure how to counter them. I didn't even consider how OP having two of the red Runes is until you mentioned it here. That said I split them between my MK and Furnace.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @MattCauthron you have a much better understanding of the game than I do. There are plenty of matchups where I'm not sure how to counter them. I didn't even consider how OP having two of the red Runes is until you mentioned it here. That said I split them between my MK and Furnace.

Literally testing your new defense right now haha I put both of them on Furnace to really strengthen my furnace bauble combo against Emily.
  • I must have misunderstood this because it makes literally no sense. Why should Legend III get the same as Legend I. We are back to the issue of most players having no incentive to actually pvp for the majority of the season (And that's ignoring the fact that the actual rune is terrible).

I expressed my disappointment in another thread and just stumbled upon this one. Thank god I'm not the only one really annoyed with this. Plus, if I agree with Matt, I know I'm on to something. Because, well... Matt knows what's up! (How's that for an ego boost?!)

• VioletLyra wrote: »
    I must have misunderstood this because it makes literally no sense. Why should Legend III get the same as Legend I. We are back to the issue of most players having no incentive to actually pvp for the majority of the season (And that's ignoring the fact that the actual rune is terrible).

I expressed my disappointment in another thread and just stumbled upon this one. Thank god I'm not the only one really annoyed with this. Plus, if I agree with Matt, I know I'm on to something. Because, well... Matt knows what's up! (How's that for an ego boost?!)

Day. Literally. Made.
  • Hey Matt
    Liked your posts :)
    The rewards for this season are lame enough to sit out
    Won't take but 12 raids a day just for the baubles tokens nothing else looks good and these runes are scrap for mats

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    I can use the break. I just never thought it would be the first real season under the new system. I expected this season to be an extravaganza.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I can use the break. I just never thought it would be the first real season under the new system. I expected this season to be an extravaganza.

Wait, didn't you just have a forced break???
  • bvs72 wrote: »

Wait, didn't you just have a forced break???

A forced break from the forums means even more time in game :D After all that extra time spent in DB the past two weeks I bet he really use the break!
  • calm down guys..they gonna fix it..the 1st season should be more interesting n rewarding hopefully... :'(
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • RexobRexob Member
    @HilfyFluffy you have a lot of faith in the Devs...granted things have improved a lot recently.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @HilfyFluffy - I agree. Something special must be planned for the Easter event and we won't have time to waste with PvP.
  • oakman1_98oakman1_98 Member
    edited April 13
    Rexob wrote: »
    @HilfyFluffy you have a lot of faith in the Devs...granted things have improved a lot recently.

They accomplished their mission to get everyone away from talking about stolen gems and poor communication so @Joel el can continue to ignore the fact that they screwed up with the rewards update.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited April 13
    As much as I enjoy giving the Devs grief, and I agree this season's Rune is garbage, DB is improving. I hope the Rune is improved or we get an awesome Easter event. However, DB is fun again for me and I enjoy playing it.
  • they will surprise us with big easter event which make them sooo busy n kinda mess about the rune..dont worry everything will be just OK..
    maybe jerry will suprise us with a mission to find easter egg.. :D :D :D
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • TedTed Member
    edited April 13
    Ted wrote: »
    Dragon wrote: »
    They should remove runes as PvP reward.

I still think to make it fair

- everyone should start with 0 trophies
    - remove streaks
    - remove runes as reward (maybe just the Top 100 rune)

I believe everyone rather have you to be removed from the game instead.

Another Ted appearance with a random diss!

@MattCauthron : what that dude is suggesting will nullify everything that dev and us have worked for numerous pre-seasons: reducing the gap between the have and the have not, making runes obtainable by other means than crafting, etc. Not to mention the suffering that we had to go through to get to this point.

Boldness may not be everyone cup of tea, but it is the most effective way to stop anyone from messing up a good system.
  • @Ted Maybe you are just on another level man, but at this point I have absolutely zero idea what you are trying to say. It's like you are talking in circles and I'm not sure if you are just simply trying to troll everyone.

I guess a far more probable scenario is English isn't your first language. Either way, I have no clue what you're saying so best of luck to you! I still think you are Jerry in disguise.
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @Skip_Holmes I'm not sure how new I am, but I started playing Xmas of last year and never placed higher than WL until recently. I'm lv68, VIP 10, without Koros, Gorgons, or Ignus

Don't mean to derail this thread but am curious - @Rexob, I am baffled that you are VIP 10 and yet don't have Koros even unlocked? No offense meant, you are a much more dedicated player than I will ever be.

• RexobRexob Member
    @sagewithaflaw I hit VIP 10 before he was released and was hoping I wouldn't need him. That said, I may hold out a bit longer since I have no desire for another T100 finish.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We've heard your feedback loud and clear and have changed the end of season runes! They are now primarily defense, with secondary stats for defense, attack, and damage reduction against rogues. We will keep this feedback in mind when designing end of season runes in the future.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    So this feedback you hear. But yet no response or acknowledgement on the rewards that were changed and taken away.
    How do I go about obtaining a status that gets my voice heard. VIP 10+ does not seem to work.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The tournament rewards are generated when claimed, hence the change. They were available to be claimed in their old state for some time. Plus, given the feedback we'd gotten, we felt that players would prefer the changed rewards anyways.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • So are we really not going to get our rewards back? :(
  • That would be a big fat NO! SOL! :(
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    edited April 14
    I sent a ticket to customer support where I was also give a big fat NO.
    I got the same stock email on both my accounts from Barry that said he could definitely help me with this.
    Then he said he would be unable to give me any credit for this. Barry doesn't seem to know the meaning of the phrase "I can definitely help you with this" So funny. But Barry is happy so all is well.

What's done is done and I guess I'll get back to the game which I still, for some strange reason, really like.
    Just have lost a little respect for the developers and their lack of communication (to some of its players) on this one.
    Post edited by ZWendy on
    The Tatar Squad
  • RexobRexob Member
    @ZWendy I'm surprised you still had any respect left considering how things have progressed since the PvP overhaul. While DB is finally better, I have little faith in the Devs.
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    @Rexob I haven't forgotten you were their test puppet when seasons first started. And I would look at my stats, where I was only attacked about 10 times the whole season, and feel guilty when you posted screen shots shots of what was happening to you.

Glad things have gotten better for you.
    The Tatar Squad