I guess this is the break season...

13»

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    ZWendy wrote: »
    Well at least it's a response.

I find it odd that you think your players wanted their gold cut in half, their stamina cut by 2/3, and their tokens cut by 1/3 for some portal pulls.
    This is the last I will say about this, but I really feel screwed over. And I didn't even enjoy it.

A little heads up that this was going to happen would have been the right thing to do. And you know it.

My question for all of you complaining loudly about this is, what is their expectation that people were hanging on to old guild rewards?

Before the past few months, it was generally accepted-at least on the forums- that mail should be claimed within 2 weeks.
    Since then, there have been several threads asking for clarification, and aside from people who are hanging on to test, there has been no answer tot he question of how long mail sits there.

Nor have I seen a bunch of posts here saying people have been saving their mail.
    So, is it reasonable to expect that DB would anticipate this problem?
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    I can only speak for myself, but I didn't clam the rewards because of the raid tickets they held. I was saving them in case DB ever decided to fix the PvP system, which I think they might have now. Funny, those were the only thing not reduced.

It's not a big deal in the scheme of other things with this game. For me it was the total blow-off I got. The total lack of communication. A simple response several days ago would have ended the discussion. A simple notification before they did this would have been the right thing to do. It's obvious they didn't anticipate this would happen.

I read these forums all the time and am amazed at what gets complained about and how things are handled. I hardly ever comment. But I felt I needed to be heard on this one. I was wrong. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'll go back to my silent lurking self and watch the drama. Oh, there is drama.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
  • no drama just a cartoon with bugs bunny..hopping around
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • I don't care what the rewards are, @CentralCommand get back to work!
    Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: [ 6th | 6th | 6th | 3rd | 2nd | 6th | 1st | 10th | 5th ]
    Seasons: [ 6th | 5th | 5th | 4th | 6th ]
  • ZWendy wrote: »
    I read these forums all the time and am amazed at what gets complained about and how things are handled. I hardly ever comment. But I felt I needed to be heard on this one. I was wrong. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'll go back to my silent lurking self and watch the drama. Oh, there is drama.

You weren't wrong to express your dissatisfaction. You're as entitled as anyone else here to share your opinion. Hope to read you again in the future!
  • danac wrote: »

I find it odd that you think your players wanted their gold cut in half, their stamina cut by 2/3, and their tokens cut by 1/3 for some portal pulls.
    This is the last I will say about this, but I really feel screwed over. And I didn't even enjoy it.

A little heads up that this was going to happen would have been the right thing to do. And you know it.

My question for all of you complaining loudly about this is, what is their expectation that people were hanging on to old guild rewards?

Before the past few months, it was generally accepted-at least on the forums- that mail should be claimed within 2 weeks.
    Since then, there have been several threads asking for clarification, and aside from people who are hanging on to test, there has been no answer tot he question of how long mail sits there.

Nor have I seen a bunch of posts here saying people have been saving their mail.

My mail hasn't passed the two-week mark yet. :(

As for the reason: I was holding onto my mail for the raid tickets as well. We were told that the next GG would have been at least two weeks away, so I wanted to stock up on resources.

I think the devs should have known mail was being saved from people asking how long they last. They knew about little exploits for months, too, but they were hands-off at that moment. Even if they did not know, they should know now from the forum complaints.
    Joel wrote: »
    The tournament rewards are generated when claimed, hence the change. They were available to be claimed in their old state for some time. Plus, given the feedback we'd gotten, we felt that players would prefer the changed rewards anyways.

@Joel I have seen a bit of posts on the forums and in the summit that say they actually prefer the gems. Obviously that is a percentage of all DB players, but it was feedback to consider regardless. Additionally, you are receiving feedback that players are unhappy that you changed the rewards that were earned *prior* to the switch back.

I accept the changes back to the heroic summons. It's always great to know that the devs are listening. However, I do not accept the changed mail excuse reason being that we "would prefer the changed rewards."
  • danac wrote: »

My mail hasn't reached the 2-week mark yet :(
    As for the reason: I was holding on to the rewards because we were told that the next GG would be at least 2 weeks away. The last GG was PvP heavy, so the extra tickets would have helped.

I think that the devs know that people have been saving mail, especially because people have asked how long they last. :persevere: It is kind of like the little exploits in the way that it was part of playing the game "smartly." But if they really did not know, they should know now from the forum complaints.

The tournament rewards are generated when claimed, hence the change. They were available to be claimed in their old state for some time. Plus, given the feedback we'd gotten, we felt that players would prefer the changed rewards anyways.

@Joel I have seen a bit of posts, both on the forums and in the summit, of players claiming that they preferred the gems. Although that is only a percentage of the DB population, it was still feedback to consider. You have also been receiving feedback from upset players that feel disrespected with the rewards being changed in their mail without notice. Knowing that the rewards are generated when claimed would have been very helpful, as players would have been able to claim what they earned. I think that is something that should be acknowledged.

I personally accept the change to future weekly rewards. I'm glad that the devs have been listening to feedback from their players. However, I do not accept the excuse reason that our rewards that we have already earned are not being returned because "[you] felt that players would prefer the changed rewards anyways." Please review the posts and reconsider. :disappointed:
  • --I can't see my comments being published, so sorry if this ends up being a double post. :cold_sweat: --
    danac wrote: »

My mail hasn't reached the 2-week mark yet
    As for the reason: I was holding on to the rewards because we were told that the next GG would be at least 2 weeks away. The last GG was PvP heavy, so the extra tickets would have helped.

I think that the devs know that people have been saving mail, especially because people have asked how long they last. :persevere: It is kind of like the little exploits in the way that it was part of playing the game "smartly." But if they really did not know, they should know now from the forum complaints.
    @Joel I have seen a bit of posts, both on the forums and in the summit, of players claiming that they preferred the gems. Although that is only a percentage of the DB population, it was still feedback to consider. You have also been receiving feedback from upset players that feel disrespected with the rewards being changed in their mail without notice. Knowing that the rewards are generated when claimed would have been very helpful, as players would have been able to claim what they earned. I think that is something that should be acknowledged.

I personally accept the change to future weekly rewards. I'm glad that the devs have been listening to feedback from their players. However, I do not accept the excuse reason that our rewards that we have already earned are not being returned because "[you] felt that players would prefer the changed rewards anyways." Please review the posts and reconsider. :disappointed:
13»