Hero Spotlight: Hopper

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited April 13 in Hero Spotlights
6qzigxkdye69.png

Background:
Hopper was once a gentle creature, spending her days frolicking in fields and nibbling on delicious vegetation. During the Dark Winter, while foraging for food, a particularly fierce blizzard ravaged the meadow she called home. Driven to exhaustion by the relentless storm, she barely made it to a dark cave at the edge of the forest before she collapsed, unconscious. But the cave was a conduit for dark magic, created from the nearby tendrils of the Root of all Evil, and after several days she finally awoke… transformed. She found her appetite was unquenchable, the vegetation no longer satisfying her hunger. Her stomach pulsed with darkness, an unfillable void that could consume anything. She had been altered into a ravenous monster and it was time for her to FEED.

Most Hated Hero:
Leonidus – This guardian beast has always been at the top of the food chain and his sole purpose is to drive back the darkness. That doesn’t sit well with Hopper.

Element: DARK: +30% bonus against LIGHT enemies.

Tags: Fast, Monster, Rogue, Female

Traits:
  • FAST: Attacks first.
  • RABID: Chance to Disease melee attackers and chance to Disease on Bite attacks.

Runes:
  • Purple / Purple / Blue / Blue / Green

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • JUST A TASTE: Melee physical Bite attack on all enemies with a chance to mark the enemy with the most health. Marked enemies take 2x damage from Bite attacks.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo Sprite: 15
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 30
  • Nature Evo Sprite: 20
  • Runed Evo: 5

New Traits!
  • HOPPY ENDING: When an enemy is killed, Hopper will hop on their corpse, removing it from play and healing for each corpse removed this way.

New Ability!
  • EAT AND RUN: 2x Melee Bite attacks on target, adding Wound, then Hopper gains Evasion (chance to dodge attacks) for 2 turns.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo Sprite: 40
  • Water Evo Monarch: 30
  • Caveborn Evo: 8
  • Infinity Evo: 2

New Trait!
  • INSATIABLE: Gains Max Health on Bite attacks and gains Energy on critical Bites.
  • UNNATURAL FEAR: Immune to Fear and chance to Fear Beasts on attack.

New Ability!
  • SOUL DEVOUR: Ranged Dark attack on target that Lifesteals, and steals all buffs from the target, transferring them to Hopper.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• OK that is hilarious
  • Has anyone cleared any possible issues with Monty Python here? Love it!
  • Joel wrote: »
    New Traits!
    • HOPPY ENDING: When an enemy is killed, Hopper will hop on their corpse, removing it from play and healing for each corpse removed this way.
    Ah there it, the meta-breaker. Sorry emily, it was fun while it lasted.

centralcommand
  • OK, it may just be stress and overwork, but I can't stop laughing everytime he goes and stomps on a dead monster.
  • ladybamladybam Member
    Absolutely love it!
  • edited April 13
    Joel wrote: »
    Runes:
    • Purple / Purple / Green / Green / Blue
    Either she's bugged or this is incorrect:
    hbhznzp1gkan.png

[Edit] Whoops! Fixed. :)
    centralcommand
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Either he's bugged or this is incorrect:
    hbhznzp1gkan.png

Whoops! Fixed. Also, Hopper is a she. ;)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    Either he's bugged or this is incorrect:
    hbhznzp1gkan.png

Whoops! Fixed. Also, Hopper is a she. ;)

I humbly beg the great furry Hopper's forgiveness!
  • She's awesome. <3

Adorable yet totally creepy. And she looks like she has a lot of potential.
  • I mean...I like the overall intent...but adding fast heroes just feels lazy at this point.
  • I was immediately charmed just by looking at her appearance. Cute, but deceptively scary! :smiley:
    Crimson's Links: DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum
    IGN: CrimsonKid
  • DeathcapDeathcap Member
    edited April 14
    After seeing this cute gal I can definitely say that there will be no hoppy ending for Emily and Leonidus. It looks like they just got the pink slip from the meta.
  • Is hopper basic bite attack magic. NO. SO SO,E I NE EXPLAIN WHY HEROES, AND ENEMIES WITH THE MAGICAL TRAIT REDUCE THE DAMAGE OF IT.(same bug with first ability too.)

Guild: Spud Brigade
    Level: 63
    Favorite hero overall:Shade | Favorite Caster: Shade | Favorite Rogue: Torch | Favorite Tank: Sir William | Favorite Warrior: Augustus | Favorite Healer:Nub-Nub | Favorite Dwarf: Dagrund | Favorite Reptile: Viperia | Favorite Undead: Hansuke | Favorite Beast: Grog-Gnog | Favorite Legendary: Pontifex | Favorite Dark Hero:Shade | Favorite Fire hero:Torchy | Favorite Nature hero: Hansuke | Favorite Light hero: Augustus | Favorite Water hero: Grog- Gnog
  • CommanderrenCommanderren Member
    edited April 14
    Fast Rogue again

So you called a cute rabbit a monster like you said Gabe the dog is a monster not a cute animal.
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »
    She's awesome. <3

Adorable yet totally creepy. And she looks like she has a lot of potential.

I think it's the ugliest rabbit I've ever seen.

She does look cute dead, tho.
  • maxresdefault.jpg
  • Dangerdan07Dangerdan07 Member
    edited April 14
    I found an old post about a player named
    Hopper that won an event is this rabbit named in his honor ? Im just curious
  • Oh_YeahOh_Yeah Member
    New hero is great :)
  • LijalimonesLijalimones Member
    edited April 14
    She was always there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6c46p8dwb14h.jpg

Post edited by Lijalimones on
  • He was always there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6c46p8dwb14h.jpg

Looks like an Evo is a hero too, and icepick was there too, and MK looked like SB's model, but with sai daggers.
  • I've tried out Hopper in the event dungeon and she's pretty fun! The removal of corpses is inter sting, it's a good counter to Emily, Leo (maybe even Ponti?) I don't think it will be too frustrating to deal with, as long as you take out Hopper early.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • LijalimonesLijalimones Member
    edited April 14
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    He was always there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6c46p8dwb14h.jpg

Looks like an Evo is a hero too, and icepick was there too, and MK looked like SB's model, but with sai daggers.

And emily looks like a red hero, isn't it?

The thing is that yesterday, as soon as I saw it I knew that I had already seen it inside the game. I almost go crazy trying to remember where I did hahahaha
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    6c46p8dwb14h.jpg

The thing is that yesterday, as soon as I saw it I knew that I had already seen it inside the game. I almost go crazy trying to remember where I did hahahaha

Yeah Em does look red...there are red emilys in the game.

Also, the login screen has this image, but it's not the full image like the one you linked, so I never see the SB or some of the other characters in the outer edges.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    6c46p8dwb14h.jpg

Yeah Em does look red...there are red emilys in the game.

Also, the login screen has this image, but it's not the full image like the one you linked, so I never see the SB or some of the other characters in the outer edges.

Yeah i know, but in the app store and some big fish videos in YT the pic was complete
  • Didn't take long for Monty Python references to pop in...

also, I found a bug during the event dungeon with hopper, If an enemy gets killed by a debuff, Hopper does not devour the corpse.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Maybe so hopper isn't way too op they added that in?