Evo Egg Hunt and Hopper Release Event!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
vte0sd0i97b4.png

Hopper is on the loose, and so are a bunch of Celestial Evos!

There are several event quests available now, and we'll be releasing new quests tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. Each day will have three quests that pay out gold (scaling depending on player level) and a quest that will pay out 25 Hopper tokens EACH if you complete that day's quests, meaning you can earn up to 100 Hopper tokens! None of these quests will expire until the end of the event.

In addition, from Sunday until Monday at 3pm CST, Celestial Evos will appear at 5 times their normal rate, PLUS you'll get some bonus Evo Larva and an XP potion for each Celestial you find via a repeatable quest. [EDIT: I left out the "SUNDAY" on my initial post. :( )
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• The Event Dungeon has a recommended level of 70. Is that right, because that seems unfair for a newcomer like me
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Nazgul98 wrote: »
    The Event Dungeon has a recommended level of 70. Is that right, because that seems unfair for a newcomer like me

It's a ride-along dungeon. You'll be provided with level 70 heroes, including a level 70 Hopper for the dungeon! :smiley:
  • Oh nevermind I didnt notice that
  • Joel wrote: »

including a level 70 Hopper for your mirth and amusement! :smiley:

FTFY
  • li30li30 Member
    edited April 13
    In addition, from Sunday until Monday at 3pm CST, Celestial Evos will appear at 5 times their normal rate, PLUS you'll get some bonus Evo Larva and an XP potion for each Celestial you find via a repeatable quest.

Sorry @Joel i can't quite understand this, it means there will be a 5x evos event that period, or the rate only increases in celestial islands ?

Any dungeon that normally drops Celestial Evos will have a 5x appearance rate for Celestial Evos. Non-Celestial Evos will not have an increased appearance rate.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @Joel how long is Hopper going to be in the heroic portal?
  • jkwingsjkwings Member
    The increased celestial appearance rate doesn't seem to be showing up?
  • jkwingsjkwings Member
    Sorry, didn't see the "Sunday" part.
  • AlienpeteAlienpete Member
    edited April 13
    The Woodlands Romp event doesn't work on my s7 phone. I complete and loot nature dungeons but it still says 0/20. Maybe it is me... I might be doing the wrong colour green.
    Post edited by Alienpete on
    kpung07 wrote: »
    @Joel how long is Hopper going to be in the heroic portal?

Until Monday at 3pm
    Alienpete wrote: »
    The Woodlands Romp event doesn't work on my s7 phone. I complete and loot nature dungeons but it still says 0/20.

"Nature" dungeons are only the bright forests. The dark forests do not count towards the quests. I can see how this is confusing though, and I'll ask the team to be more specific with their terminology in the future.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited April 13
    Joel wrote: »
    The Woodlands Romp event doesn't work on my s7 phone. I complete and loot nature dungeons but it still says 0/20.

"Nature" dungeons are only the bright forests. The dark forests do not count towards the quests. I can see how this is confusing though, and I'll ask the team to be more specific with their terminology in the future.

I quick looted all 10 dungeons that appear when you touch the TRAVEL tab of that quest and did not get credit for any of them.
    I didn't look closely, all I did was check to see that the reward list included nature evos or nature evo monarchs.

If none of those were the bright forest dungeons you speak of, then may I also suggest the quest be modified to only allow you to travel to quests that qualify?

• sirtainly wrote: »

I completed all 10 dungeons that appear when you touch the TRAVEL tab of that quest and did not get credit for any of them.

Shouldn't I have at least gotten credit for Splinter Wood and Vile Thorn, or am I not understanding your reply? If so, please forgive my ignorance.

May I also suggest the quest be modified to only allow you to travel to quests that qualify?

Don't feel too bad, it's a common mistake and DB should probably take the "travel" button out as it is very misleading.

But look for the stages that are bright green and not the ones that are darker green. Splinter wood and vile thorn are both the darker green one. Go to Chapter 1 of the campaign stages and you'll see the color difference.
  • The hero and event seem good so far. Nicely done.

But.... would be even better to take our actual toons in the event dungeon instead of the base model versions. I get that you are trying to make the dungeon more challenging and consistent, but after the last one that we had to run over and over without any runes or epics you acknowledged the complaints and it seemed like we would not be here again.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited April 13
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

I completed all 10 dungeons that appear when you touch the TRAVEL tab of that quest and did not get credit for any of them.

Shouldn't I have at least gotten credit for Splinter Wood and Vile Thorn, or am I not understanding your reply? If so, please forgive my ignorance.

May I also suggest the quest be modified to only allow you to travel to quests that qualify?

Don't feel too bad, it's a common mistake and DB should probably take the "travel" button out as it is very misleading.

But look for the stages that are bright green and not the ones that are darker green. Splinter wood and vile thorn are both the darker green one. Go to Chapter 1 of the campaign stages and you'll see the color difference.

Yeah, got it, Aurora Glade and such.
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

Are there other noncolor dungeons?

afaik, all red dungeons count as red, as ice count as blue.

I dunno if the castles officially count as purple, but the essentially are, as the mountaintop ones are yellow, whether officially or not.

That leaves the dark greens as the only unaffiliated?
  • These are the Forest (Nature) Dungeons:
    1-1, 1-2, 1-4, 1-5, 5-1, 5-3, 5-4, 7-1, 7-2, 8-5, 12-3, 12-4, 12-5, 14-1, 14-2, 18-1, 19-3, 20-2, and 20-3

These are DARK Forest Dungeons and do NOT count as Nature Dungeons:
    6-2, 6-5, 8-2, 14-4, 15-5, 16-2, 19-2, 21-6, 21-7, 21-8, 21-9, 21-10.

I pulled this info from the DBWikia page here:
    http://dungeonboss.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeons
  • Aura0fsmilesAura0fsmiles Member
    edited April 14
    Edit:
    I see it now enervate thanks.
    Guess I'm still seeing red since my rune was taken.
    Sigh. I just logoff and chill with another game for awhile
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
  • Aura, it says Sunday-Monday I think
  • c44bblfiff6z.png
  • Joel wrote: »
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    The hero and event seem good so far. Nicely done.

But.... would be even better to take our actual toons in the event dungeon instead of the base model versions. I get that you are trying to make the dungeon more challenging and consistent, but after the last one that we had to run over and over without any runes or epics you acknowledged the complaints and it seemed like we would not be here again.

In the past, we have had events that required you to run the ride-along dungeon multiple times, but this event only requires you to 3-star it once. There will be other quests later on that have to do with Hopper, but you will not have to use the ride-along dungeon for them if you have her in your collection.
    @Joel does that mean i have to unlock it in the heroic summon so as to complete the 4 days event ?? because i was depending on unlocking it by collecting the 100 tokens of the event
  • mhmzayed wrote: »

In the past, we have had events that required you to run the ride-along dungeon multiple times, but this event only requires you to 3-star it once. There will be other quests later on that have to do with Hopper, but you will not have to use the ride-along dungeon for them if you have her in your collection.
    @Joel does that mean i have to unlock it in the heroic summon so as to complete the 4 days event ?? because i was depending on unlocking it by collecting the 100 tokens of the event

You should be able to unlock Hopper with the tokens you get from this event, so long as you get the full 100 tokens (you also get 1 token from DB in-game mail).
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    mhmzayed wrote: »

You should be able to unlock Hopper with the tokens you get from this event, so long as you get the full 100 tokens (you also get 1 token from DB in-game mail).

yes this what happened with lily and what i understood but joel now says that there will be quests where you use your own hopper
    There are quests that require you to use Hopper, it doesn't matter if you use the one in the ride-along or your own.
  • I think there is a bug with the second line of quests involving hop on an enemy 50 times. Whenever more than one enemy is killed with a single attack, she hops like normal but only one enemy is counted in the total. I don't think this is working as it should be.
  • I think there is a bug with the second line of quests involving hop on an enemy 50 times. Whenever more than one enemy is killed with a single attack, she hops like normal but only one enemy is counted in the total. I don't think this is working as it should be.

You sure it's not the typical visual bug that happens on quest counters and multi kills?

For example: let's say you start a dungeon and your quest for the hop kills are at 10/50.

You do an AoE attack and kill 4 enemies on the screen. Hopper will show 14/50 on each of the 4 corpses she stomps. Can you double check to make sure that is not the case with what you are seeing?
  • bobodaplayabobodaplaya Member
    edited April 14
    It is not, Im watching the counter and it is only going up one every time no matter how many are stomped.
    The quest only counts per time "Hoppy Ending" is activated, that's intended. We made the wording "Use Hoppy Ending to destroy enemy corpses" to indicate that it was based on the ability's activation, not the number of corpses destroyed, but I can understand how that is still confusing. We'll be mindful of that going forward.
  • Understood. Thanks for the update!