Welcome to the new meta...

Corpse stomping. RIP Koros.

I wonder if they even think these things through...

Comments

• pjworldpjworld Member
    Wish they would introduce something to make MK useless instead...

More than Koros, this bunny completely negates Emily and Leo from being useful in a battle
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    If Hopper is dead do the corpses stay?
  • Yup. That's why Koros is basically useless in PVP now. The pattern is: release a broken hero, get people to invest time and money in it, then release another hero to break that hero. Ironically, shop is selling tokens for Koros for some reason...
  • pjworldpjworld Member
    I guess I better get my final few Koros wins in before hopper is everywhere... .-.
  • The ineligance of this one is pretty off-putting to me. I thought they had learned their lesson on the "sledge hammer" approach to shifting the meta via the kai and shade sagas.

Lily was artfully done. She immediately contributed to the meta and partially shifted it without just crashing the party entirely. It felt like she was another tool in the chest for team building rather than an automatic inclusion.

This one...yuck. No finesse. No subtlety. Just a big obnoxious hammer. Compounded by the fact that every new "fast" release (kai, shade, lupina, rocky) is just further highlighting of the fact that they can't figure out how to keep heroes alive beyond turn one so just take the lazy way out and give them the fast tag.
  • Yes as soon as i saw the fast tag, I was, sighhhhhhh. here we go again.
    litespeed

if they truely want to make pvp great again, heres what they should do: remove runes, koros, shadee, and give gem rewards.

or release another version of dungeon boss before the runes update
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.

yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • I'll admit I'm an ignoramus when it comes to high level PvP, but why does the bunny make Koros irrelevant? I can see how she rains on Emily & Leo's parade of course. Is it because of the strategy that you expect Koros to be killed & then resurrected to be useful? At my level, I throw him in when I think he will be able to get his 1st AOE off before dying. If that's not likely, I don't bring him along or pick a different team to attack.
  • I'll admit I'm an ignoramus when it comes to high level PvP, but why does the bunny make Koros irrelevant? I can see how she rains on Emily & Leo's parade of course. Is it because of the strategy that you expect Koros to be killed & then resurrected to be useful? At my level, I throw him in when I think he will be able to get his 1st AOE off before dying. If that's not likely, I don't bring him along or pick a different team to attack.

I think in your case, bunny won't make much of a difference, but like you said, if a team is relying on a rez from Emily or Leo, it's not going to happen because of Hopper.

I wonder why they made hopper fast. I mean yes, I get that a rabbit in real life is a pretty quick animal.

However, from initial review of this new hero's ability, it's main trait that shifts the meta is a trait that works the moment your heroes kill an enemy.

So if the defense has MK and Hopper, MK does his death spin and kills 2-3 folks, Hopper is going to remove those corpses from the field, regardless of whether he's fast, normal, or slow, right?

So yeah, confusing why he has a fast tag (other than rabbits are fast).
  • Phillipriv9Phillipriv9 Member
    edited April 14
    Yes as soon as i saw the fast tag, I was, sighhhhhhh. here we go again.

if they truely want to make pvp great again, heres what they should do: remove runes, koros, shadee, and give gem rewards.

or release another version of dungeon boss before the runes update

I agree the rune stuff, not koros, and shade
    Guild: Spud Brigade
    Level: 63
    Favorite hero overall:Shade | Favorite Caster: Shade | Favorite Rogue: Torch | Favorite Tank: Sir William | Favorite Warrior: Augustus | Favorite Healer:Nub-Nub | Favorite Dwarf: Dagrund | Favorite Reptile: Viperia | Favorite Undead: Hansuke | Favorite Beast: Grog-Gnog | Favorite Legendary: Pontifex | Favorite Dark Hero:Shade | Favorite Fire hero:Torchy | Favorite Nature hero: Hansuke | Favorite Light hero: Augustus | Favorite Water hero: Grog- Gnog
  • The question is if putting the bunny on your team just to remove resurrection makes your defense too susceptible to other attacks or not. I'm still skeptical.
  • RexobRexob Member
    Defense I'm not sure, but Atk Hopper basically Hard counters the babysitting Leo + Em comps.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • Rexob wrote: »
    Defense I'm not sure, but Atk Hopper basically Hard counters the babysitting Leo + Em comps.

Yup. At level 70 past champion league, 90% of the matchups would have a Koros and either Emily or Leo since he doesn't have a "fast" tag and dies in round 1 otherwise. With Hopper's unbelievable passive, not only is that over but two heroes have effectively become obselete since their primary function is resurrection.

Good game.
  • provieprovie Member
    Rexob wrote: »

Yup. At level 70 past champion league, 90% of the matchups would have a Koros and either Emily or Leo since he doesn't have a "fast" tag and dies in round 1 otherwise. With Hopper's unbelievable passive, not only is that over but two heroes have effectively become obselete since their primary function is resurrection.

Good game.

I mean if the meta is 90% one team and one mechanic, shouldn't that be addressed? Just because it nerfs the prevalent combo doesn't mean its bad in my eyes. If it replaces the 90% team with a different 90% team that includes the new hero, I can see the complaint.
  • Y'all are totally over reacting. I played through 50 matches last night and can summarize Hopper's meta impact to "makes a couple matches a little faster" but that's about it.

You say that, but have you considered the humiliation of having your Manticore and other legendary creatures of destruction beaten down by . . . . a bunny ;)
  • KaceyKacey Member
    These types of threads are becoming painful.

It's not that bad.
    Stop complaining.
    No hero is absolutely obsolete.
    Adjust.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Hopper sucks IMO.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Brazy but she is really cute which makes up for a lot. ;)
    nunya
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    @nunya she loses her cuteness when you FA her :p
  • So far, I haven't seen very many teams with Hopper. Maybe fought 5 total out of 100+ raids since he was released.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    So far, I haven't seen very many teams with Hopper. Maybe fought 5 total out of 100+ raids since he was released.

I really enjoy that he makes me bring a different offense to the table, and that I've been able to use him to counter some Emily/Leo defenses in ways that I had not previously.
  • StarskreamStarskream Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @JaxBoomstick Im with you on this one.
  • I think the bunny is great. What's the counter to the bunny? Next hero is gonna be a unicorn with a passive that your heros cannot go below 1 health on the first turn. Boom.
  • Just to vindicate my stance to all the naysayers, Koros has effectively been marginalized in the PVP defense meta. Of course no one's seeing Hopper on defense since his/her primary purpose is to counter Koros.

A couple seasons back, big K was in the clear majority of matchups. Since Hopper's release, I'd rarely see K on defense. If I do, I counter with the bunny.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @decepticlown I've seen some very effective Hopper defenses
  • nunyanunya Member
    @decepticlown people learn how to beat defenses, so the meta changes. Once the solution to your defense is posted on the level capped message board you have to adapt. :)
    nunya
  • I've adapted by putting MK first slot and letting him one shot everyone that tries to fight me :D I'm actually doing quite well this season!

Diseased? Lul
  • I've adapted by putting MK first slot and letting him one shot everyone that tries to fight me :D I'm actually doing quite well this season!

Diseased? Lul

I'm actually having less and less issues with 8k MK's. Valkin/Furnace/Bauble/Kai or Valkin/Furnace/Bauble/Astrid or Augustus or Emily is doing me really well now. They are all runed pretty well though.
    j81ezc.gif