[Hopper] Does no one realize how meta-changing he could be?

He literally negates Emily and Leo. Put him on your defense with Koros and some fast, or with reptiles, and you got a team that I have no clue how to beat.

On a side note, who thought of the hopper that you collects things and it spits it out at the bottom? Or like in Minecraft?

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 14
    Use constructs. Hopper targets the highest health minion with her "bite" ability which will be nullified by a construct. They are also immune to shades haunt debuff. You can also use single target removal to kill her. Bait shade with Kobal/Emily and then kill her with first slot SB. Once she is dead Emily can resurrect.
    Post edited by MattCauthron on
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    You just need to handle Hopper first if you can like you would if you saw a Leo defense. Don't get me wrong she's good but I don't think she's super OP like a few other heroes.
  • I agree. Interesting hero, but not instantly game changing like Koros or Lily were.
  • Isn't the more important thing having a very strong MK on defense kill 1 or more heros, and then hopper removing those corpses?

It doesn't seem like Hopper's first ability is anything to be feared, it's that she can remove corpses the moment MK (or other strong fast hero) attacks.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Isn't the more important thing having a very strong MK on defense kill 1 or more heros, and then hopper removing those corpses?

It doesn't seem like Hopper's first ability is anything to be feared, it's that she can remove corpses the moment MK (or other strong fast hero) attacks.

You are correct. But if you see a defense with Kira, hopper, then VIP and lily or whatever you just have to not rely on the ressurect Koros attack model. I have seen some pretty insanely runed out hoppers and while they are intersting and potent in their own way they are not going to change the game like Koros did. (And don't get me wrong, this is a good and wonderful thing!)
  • The problem is that taking up one slot on your defense just to negate resurrection makes your defense too weak to other things.
    Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: 6th, 6th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th, 1st, 10th, 5th
  • KaceyKacey Member
    She is supposed to be meta altering - you can work around her by taking strategies that don't revolve around glass cannons, sustainable teams as @MattCauthron suggested.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • You forgot about Pontifex, if hopper removes his corpse before he resurrects, it is definitely killer.

but otherwise, a new possible good defence would be to use rocky first for the added evasion, Shade, Hopper, then possibly MK. it is experimental, but it is definitely something to fear.
    Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I haven't seen a change in the meta yet. Is it coming soon [TM]?
  • You forgot about Pontifex, if hopper removes his corpse before he resurrects, it is definitely killer.

but otherwise, a new possible good defence would be to use rocky first for the added evasion, Shade, Hopper, then possibly MK. it is experimental, but it is definitely something to fear.

Rocky's evasion is overrated IMO. Unless added to MK, Bauble, or Aria, it is not that great of a buff.
  • WalkinDudeWalkinDude Member
    edited April 15
    Hopper does not stop Ponti from resurrecting.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I haven't seen a change in the meta yet. Is it coming soon [TM]?

There will be a new orange hero soon.
    So far its special is to be removed from the fight but return after the other heroes change to look like him.

I think that will change the meta.