My Opinions on stuff.

So I feel I should get my opinion on the game in its current state, and changes that should be made whether it be hero buffs/nerfs, system changes, campaign stuff, or just quality of life of life changes. So lets dive in.

Overall Needed Changes

-Rune System
K lets start with the most broken and terrible system in the game runes. These are part of reason heroes like Kira, Koros, Viperia, Emily, and whoever else is stupidly broken right now. Rune stats are stupidly broken and some them don't even function. The reason koros can do 50k damage is because rune. Koros without runes is actually relatively balanced from the testing I've done, however slap some damage runes on him, and boom broken hero. They seriously need to scale down the stat boosts on these things. Also like other players have said, allow them to things cooler then flat stat boosts.

-Hero nerfs
These are heroes that need some serious reconsideration with abilities and traits
  1. Masuta Kira This guy is broken. IDC what anyone he is. How do you fix. First of all remove tenacity. Second get rid of death bonus crit chance, cause kira, cause almost all the runes put on kira are precision runes, meaning he crits enough. This is all that's required for him not be ridiculously broken.
  2. ViperiaRemove Kindred Mourning. From both Gorgon Sisters. It's OP as hell. That or scale it down to one turn. For Viperia Make Death Bites Single target. Having an AoE that grants invincibility on a death blow is op as crap. Do this and she is golden.
  3. Koros Make Purging pyre purge on the hit, and scale down aura eaters bonus damage and your good.
  4. Emily Don't Allow the resurrected character to get an action instantly. Do the same for Leo then that's fixed.
If anyone has anything tell me and ill add it up here

Things I Feel Should be Changed
-Boss Mode Difficultly This nonsense is ridiculously difficult for the times you unlock it.(unless your slow leveling then its may easier have no idea, haven't tested it) The enemies hit like freight trains, have ludicrously large amounts of health, and the Bosses, oh don't get me started on the bosses. At the current moment you'd need have runed out a decent amount of your heroes with 5 star runes, improved or higher to even stand a chance. Even with decent greater runes, none of my heroes deal anywhere near enough damage, or can even take a hit from an enemy in boss mode. that stupid how do you fix. Scale the difficulty done to something any level 60 player can do. I know I'm not the one with this opinion because after several of my guild mates there personal experiences with boss mode for the first time, they said it was surprisingly difficult, even for some of them you had maxed out power roasters. They could make it available later in the game, at a more reasonable level.

Hero Reworks
- Traits
  1. All dwarves should get resolute stance at final accession, however damage done targets with should 1.25(similar to pack tactics) and should apply to rune dodge chance.
  2. The fast should give heroes with -10% DEF & ATK
  3. Mystical bonus damage should only apply to heroes with the Tank tag.
  4. Toxic form should grant Poison Immunity
  5. Cloth Guardian should also apply to Rogues
- Rogar Stonecrusher- Look at JackHollow's ideas for this, I couldn't have thought of anything better.
- Therand Fiddlestorm: I'll Make a Thread soon(Will include changes for Dagrund, Hagrim, and Dhaegon too)
- Samurai Takumi: Will make a Thread
- Yokozuna: Will make a Thread
- Stone Fist: Will make a Thread
- Sir William: Will make a Thread
- Selwyn the Enduring: Will make a Thread
- King Yorick: Will make a Thread
- Zurk: Will make a Thread
- Willow Swift: Will make a Thread
- Tsume: Will make a Thread
- Abigail the Brutal: Will make a Thread
- Lady Nimriel: Will make a Thread
- Squinch: Will make a Thread
- Balog: Will make a Thread
- Overlord Executum: Will make a Thread
- Sifu Jianzhi: Will make a Thread
- Alexandros: Will make a Thread
- Ekko: Will make a Thread
- Augustus: Will make a Thread

Hero Concepts
- Beast Healer
- Undead Healer
- Fast Tank
- Tank Healer
- Plant Anything really(I mean its new so y'know)
- Undead Rogue
- Beast Caster
- Monster Healer
- Monster Caster
- Dwarf Tank
- Elf Anything but Rogue
- Insect Heroes
- Gunslinger class
- Ranger Class(Feel would be more approatiate for our archers)
- Legendary Healer
Feel free to message for fan-made heroes of these concepts.

My Heroes
None Yet Sorry.

These are my thoughts personally, feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Guild: Spud Brigade
Level: 63
Favorite hero overall:Shade | Favorite Caster: Shade | Favorite Rogue: Torch | Favorite Tank: Sir William | Favorite Warrior: Augustus | Favorite Healer:Nub-Nub | Favorite Dwarf: Dagrund | Favorite Reptile: Viperia | Favorite Undead: Hansuke | Favorite Beast: Grog-Gnog | Favorite Legendary: Pontifex | Favorite Dark Hero:Shade | Favorite Fire hero:Torchy | Favorite Nature hero: Hansuke | Favorite Light hero: Augustus | Favorite Water hero: Grog- Gnog

Comments

• fphfph Member
    Here are some constructive comments...

Watch some YouTube videos by Zombi, Starskream or gavinator on Dungeon boss. They know what runes Do.

Read the forums. There are keys in here to hammer out any dungeon. Boss mode or otherwise.

I did an am happy to report by the time I hit level 60, I was able to get epics, 3 star boss mode dungeons and even made it to legend with the updated PVP system.

I think the secrets of the universe might even be somewhere in this forum or just ask Anubis.
    Always keep striving towards tomorrow because you want to live another day and tomorrow never dies!...DM

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Kindred Mourning is a cool unique passive. I think they ought to keep it, but nerf it to 1 turn only.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • RexobRexob Member
    While I'm not opposed to some changes and adjustments, the Hero nerfs you mentioned have counters. Your suggested buff to Cloth Guardian is borderline insane - you want to buff Rogues defensively; a high end MK +Epic can hit 3k Defense already without taking into consideration his Dodge.
    Fast heroes already have lower Atk & Def values; a high end MK can hit 4k - a high end Bromm can easily hit over 8k (pretty sure it's higher).

Boss Mode is meant to be challenging, but there are really easy teams to build; having an Undead & Goblin team is fairly standard knowledge.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • echonapechonap Member
    The only thing I blatantly disagree with is making Boss Mode easier. This is currently end game content and you want to lower it so any level 60 can beat it? When challenge mode was first released, most level 60s struggled to get past Sulfurious (granted, this was pre-runes.) If anything, I think Boss Mode needs to be much harder. Right now, any level 70 with greater heroic runes can beat it with very little strategy. There is no incentive to craft superior or greater legendary runes except for pvp. Personally, I hope the second half of boss mode can't be beaten without all greater legendary or better runes.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • KaceyKacey Member

RE: RUNE SYSTEM.

I feel you sound a little salty over koros throughout your entire post including this section especially. A combat system rework is coming so wait up for that, it should balance out many combat inbalances. HOWEVER, I have nothing to comment on this section considering you have not exactly offered what the exact issue is with the runes nor the fix, generally just whining here.

RE: HERO NERFS.
    1. Masuta Kira This guy is broken. IDC what anyone he is. How do you fix. First of all remove tenacity. Second get rid of death bonus crit chance, cause kira, cause almost all the runes put on kira are precision runes, meaning he crits enough. This is all that's required for him not be ridiculously broken. - Yup, either remove tenacity and give it to the likes of sifu, or reduce his dodge chance to 15-20% considering he can't be hit for a crit.
    2. ViperiaRemove Kindred Mourning. From both Gorgon Sisters. It's OP as hell. That or scale it down to one turn. For Viperia Make Death Bites Single target. Having an AoE that grants invincibility on a death blow is op as crap. Do this and she is golden. - I personally think kindered mourning helps them remain relevant at high end PvP. maybe reduce the turn count or introduce a cap on the number of turns their invincibility can be applied for, but not remove it, it's one of their core stats.
    3. Koros Make Purging pyre purge on the hit, and scale down aura eaters bonus damage and your good. - A suggested change would be only make it do bonus damage when buffs are purged. I feel like your nerf idea is a bit too heavy considering the community is no longer up in arms about koros as much, and plenty of counters have been developed.
    4. Emily Don't Allow the resurrected character to get an action instantly. Do the same for Leo then that's fixed. - Not sure how I feel about this one, the res'd hero can die instantly, and hopper already makes res near obsolete as is. Would be better to apply a debuff to recently res'd heroes reducing ATK and SKL.

RE: BOSS MODE CHANGES.

I hope you realise it isn't a mode meant to be able to be completed without runes. It wouldn't make sense to reduce all of the punch they pack, and yes, you do at the very minimum need decent improved runes. We all started somewhere didn't we? For the level 70s when runes were first released it was with quicklooted improved and greaters. The mode is meant to incentivise rune crafting and use, removing the need for runs would make it so trivial and easy there would be no point in playing. As for level 60s completing it, we have a few players(non slow level) slowly gaining runes and making their way through boss mode right now. It isn't meant to be easy, but with strategy and some decent runes(read DECENT - improved runes are way below the bar at 70), it's very easily completed.

Hero Reworks
    - Traits
    1. All dwarves should get resolute stance at final accession, however damage done targets with should 1.25(similar to pack tactics) and should apply to rune dodge chance. - Nice idea, the dwarves could do with a nice little boost.
    2. The fast should give heroes with -10% DEF & ATK - The "assassin" type heroes are meant to be fast, hit hard and not survive very long. A reduction in dodge and defense would suffice for a change, not really -10% ATK.
    3. Mystical bonus damage should only apply to heroes with the Tank tag - terrible idea. The tank tag has no bonuses associated, while slow does. better to make it only apply to slow rather than tanks.
    4. Toxic form should grant Poison Immunity - agree - i'm lost as to why he can be poisoned.
    5. Cloth Guardian should also apply to Rogues - It's meant for casters. We don't need tanky rogues, considering you want lower defense anyway with your fast tag suggestion.

FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    edited April 19
    I agree with your point about runes - they need a major rework. I agree that some heroes are broken almost entirely because of rune damage scaling.

I cannot comment on Boss Mode because in the event of a major rune rework, Boss Mode would need to be revisited anyway. In its current state, I can more or less complete them, but only because I have access to a variety of legendary 5-star Greater runes.

I agree with you that MK and Koros need nerfs. I don't necessarily care in what fashion, as I expect the devs will be reasonable in the event they do get nerfed. I will further extend this to Shade and Grog Gnog as well.

I don't agree that Viperia needs heavy nerfing. She indeed hits incredibly hard, but what I would do is simply remove Neurotoxin - it should reduce her initial AoE enough to see a difference, but not enough to change her in any other way.

Hero reworks are coming with time - it seems the plan (at least from what we've seen so far) is that each hero rework is also released with their epic.