Max critical percentage and goblin team

If I have my Zurk at 50% critical (maximum) and I put him with a team with Bramble, does Zurk's crit level go up above 50% ? If so to what ? If not, I guess I am wasting his crit boost for Zurk ? Thanks for your replies

Comments

  • Passives from other heroes can make stats go above cap. Your own passives count towards cap however.

    Aka Bramble can buff zurk above 50 but he can't buff himself above 50.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MattCauthron is very smart except when he tried to explain how Kobal under protection of Shades dark shroud could be drenched and fail to desease everybody upon his death. He might be right but I still think it is a bug.
  • Thanks Matt
  • My guild says may have changed from a hard 50% cap but unable to find any update saying that
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @MattCauthron is very smart except when he tried to explain how Kobal under protection of Shades dark shroud could be drenched and fail to desease everybody upon his death. He might be right but I still think it is a bug.

    Well I don't know how Kobal got drenched while Shrouded but his "100% chance to disease enemies upon death" is reduced by each enemy's Dark resist stat, so 100% -(% of resistance), and I believe level has something to do with it to, since PvE enemies that are many levels below my heroes seem to never inflict status effects.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Aren't buffs supposed to be additive now? Zurk with 50% crit chance with 20% Bramble buff with 59% goblin dance party should have 129% chance to crit. Why doesn't my Zurk crit every time with these buffs?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @JackHallow666 - you our are probably right. And here I have been throwing all those valuable resist runes away. I should have looked and saw my opponent was loaded with them.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 - you our are probably right. And here I have been throwing all those valuable resist runes away. I should have looked and saw my opponent was loaded with them.

    Why... why are you so rudely sarcastic about everything?? You DO know heroes have natural resistances, and Battle runes often gives resistance or two as well, right? Also I saw the post you made about the issue. They had a Kai, meaning everyone on their team had an additional 25% resistance to it anyways.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @JackHallow666 - I am sarcastic because too many bug complaints are just blamed on the RNG. how many people have to complain about MK's dodge rate before a rational explanation is given. When something is supposed to occur 100% of the time, are we supposed to know that is not what it really means.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 - I am sarcastic because too many bug complaints are just blamed on the RNG. how many people have to complain about MK's dodge rate before a rational explanation is given. When something is supposed to occur 100% of the time, are we supposed to know that is not what it really means.

    The 100% number is in green, meaning they variable can change... what would be the point of heroes having disease resist if it just ignored that value? 100% minus the resist value. Is that too hard to understand? :confused:
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @JackHallow666 - when I say my hair is 100% orange, does that mean sometimes it can be blue because you resist orange.

    8te9znhu8ff6.png
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    How about "The portal has a 100% chance of an unlock for a 10x summons", unless you are less than a VIP 5. Would it be fair to leave the "unless" unsaid.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Darn, those resist runes drive my crazy.


    0d75nppqhdl1.jpg
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Darn, those resist runes drive my crazy.


    0d75nppqhdl1.jpg

    Ya know, I rarely get angry on the forums, but you're testing me. Just let it go before one of us says something that gets one of us banned.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 16
    I'm not 100% sure you're serious because getting angry over the above posts would seem silly to me. I think he has a very valid point that the description is unclear. I am however curious as to what rules he is breaking? This is general discussion thread and his posts are relatively on topic.

    He also made the guys hair blue which is a naturally calming color. If you are feeling angry I would suggest you stare into that color a little longer and cool down.
  • Can we get some gurus that don't threaten to abuse their power?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I didn't threaten to abuse my power? Nor do I even have the power to ban someone?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Well for the record it came off pretty strongly as an underhanded threat for a completely trivial thing. Perception is reality ;)
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    edited April 16
    The way I see it crit chance cannot be additive without being capped out of necessity - Goblin that has a 100% Crit chance wouldn't make sense.

    I posted a similar question asking about the nature of Dodge % but never got a straight reply - I've only been able to logicially deduce that most heroes are inherently capped at 25%, but when/if affected with noted exceptional abilities: Rocky's Spore Cloud (35%), Ella's Dodge Passive (unspecified amount), and Aria's Can't Dodge This (+40% to dodging ranged). The actual way Dodge % stacks is very unclear to me.

    Eg; the +40% suggests that Aria's actual chance to dodge ranged attacks is 50% as Speed of Light team provides +10% inherently, but it is unclear to me how this stacks with having runes that provide dodge chance on Aria. If someone has already done extensive testing or has some kind of empirical knowledge on Dodge or Crit stacking, I am not aware of it.
    9807918
  • Yykkil wrote: »
    The way I see it crit chance cannot be additive without being capped out of necessity - Goblin that has a 100% Crit chance wouldn't make sense.

    I posted a similar question asking about the nature of Dodge % but never got a straight reply - I've only been able to logicially deduce that most heroes are inherently capped at 25%, but when/if affected with noted exceptional abilities: Rocky's Spore Cloud (35%), Ella's Dodge Passive (unspecified amount), and Aria's Can't Dodge This (+40% to dodging ranged). The actual way Dodge % stacks is very unclear to me.

    Eg; the +40% suggests that Aria's actual chance to dodge ranged attacks is 50% as Speed of Light team provides +10% inherently, but it is unclear to me how this stacks with having runes that provide dodge chance on Aria. If someone has already done extensive testing or has some kind of empirical knowledge on Dodge or Crit stacking, I am not aware of it.

    The devs have detailed how these work in various posts in the pasts. Not feeling up to digging through the history to find them, but I know Joel or Joveth gave the actual formula at one point.
  • danacdanac Member
    I'm not 100% sure you're serious because getting angry over the above posts would seem silly to me. I think he has a very valid point that the description is unclear. I am however curious as to what rules he is breaking? This is general discussion thread and his posts are relatively on topic.

    He also made the guys hair blue which is a naturally calming color. If you are feeling angry I would suggest you stare into that color a little longer and cool down.

    I tried staring at blue haired beaker to calm down.

    Now I can't sleep.
  • danacdanac Member
    I didn't threaten to abuse my power? Nor do I even have the power to ban someone?

    Correct. you don't have the power to ban someone.
    But maybe a blue should be answering the question.

    Meanwhile, you're both right.

    bvs is right that ability descriptions- and things like dodge %- are seriously screwed up.
    You are right that bvs's natural mode of communication is not 'squeak squeak squeak' Blow up, it's 'make snarky comment and pretend my hair is orange'.

  • I did a video on the goblins and suggested that the cap was 50%. I was offered quick rebuttal and so I went back and tested. Confirmed 70% critical rate over a sufficient sample size.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

    Are all plugs shameless?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    I didn't threaten to abuse my power? Nor do I even have the power to ban someone?

    Correct. you don't have the power to ban someone.
    But maybe a blue should be answering the question.

    Meanwhile, you're both right.

    bvs is right that ability descriptions- and things like dodge %- are seriously screwed up.
    You are right that bvs's natural mode of communication is not 'squeak squeak squeak' Blow up, it's 'make snarky comment and pretend my hair is orange'.

    ...Is 'squeak squeak squeak Blow up' supposed to be me? :neutral:
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • ckall056 wrote: »
    I did a video on the goblins and suggested that the cap was 50%. I was offered quick rebuttal and so I went back and tested. Confirmed 70% critical rate over a sufficient sample size.

    How recent was this ? Someone in my guild says it may have changed recently but I cannot find a mention of this in patch notes over last 6 months ?
  • Wouldn't it be nice if the descriptions for each attack actually reflected the effect of the additional ATK and Damage on each attack and changed the corresponding numbers to indicate how much damage will likely be done with runes equipped?
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

    bvs is right that ability descriptions- and things like dodge %- are seriously screwed up.
    You are right that bvs's natural mode of communication is not 'squeak squeak squeak' Blow up, it's 'make snarky comment and pretend my hair is orange'.

    ...Is 'squeak squeak squeak Blow up' supposed to be me? :neutral:

    Have you ever SEEN the muppets?
    It's what Beaker DOES.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com